• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

So, does anyone have a recipe for a delicious Southwestern Salsa?

In summary, the author is looking for a recipe for southwestern style salsa that she thinks she may have used in the past. She has a fundraiser on Saturday and needs the recipe for it.
Veevahchef
Silver Member
:confused: Hi All!!

I could have sworn i had a recipe in the past that was from Pampered Chef, for some kind of "southwestern" style salsa. It had corn and beans and tomatos ect in it. I cannot find it ANYWHERE!!

Does anyone know what I am talking about??

If so, can you post the recipe?

Many thanks!

is it the texas caviar recipe?

ok found it it is Southern Style Salsa from Celebrate cookbook page 35
In Texas it's called Texas Caviar!!

YES! I think it was a celebrate recipe, but we don;t have that here in Canada, I wish I knew where I got it originally. I Don't suppose there is any way you can post the recipe? I have a huge fundraiser on Saturday that I need it for.
Thanks in advance!

Veevahchef said:
YES! I think it was a celebrate recipe, but we don;t have that here in Canada, I wish I knew where I got it originally. I Don't suppose there is any way you can post the recipe? I have a huge fundraiser on Saturday that I need it for.
Thanks in advance!

Just Bumping this to the top, im getting desperate!

If you're talking about just salsa that uses the Southwestern Seasoning, there's a great one listed on the bottle.

Southern Style Salsa

1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup red bell pepper
1 fresh jalepeno (seeded & chopped)
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 TBSP snipped cilantro
1 garlic clove pressed
1 can 15 oz Southern style pre seasoned black eyed peas drained and rinsed
1 cup whoile frozen corn thawed
1/3 cup Italian dressing
1/4 tsp tabasco
large tortilla chips

chop peppers using FC
slice green onions
snip cilantro with shears
add ingred. into batter bowl add garlic
add remaining ingred. mix gently
refrigerate 1 -2 hours
serve with tortilla chips

Thanks so much for posting that! I don;t think that is the one that i was thinking of but I may use this anyways!
Thanks so much for your help!

Related to So, does anyone have a recipe for a delicious Southwestern Salsa?

What ingredients are typically included in Southwestern Salsa?

Southwestern Salsa typically includes tomatoes, onions, peppers, corn, black beans, and cilantro. Some variations may also include avocado, lime juice, and jalapenos.

Is Southwestern Salsa spicy?

Yes, Southwestern Salsa can be spicy depending on the amount of jalapenos or other hot peppers used. However, the spice level can be adjusted to personal preference by adding or reducing the amount of hot peppers in the recipe.

What can I serve with Southwestern Salsa?

Southwestern Salsa is a versatile condiment that can be served with tortilla chips, on top of tacos or burritos, as a topping for grilled meats or fish, or as a dip for vegetables. It can also be used as a marinade for chicken or added to salads for extra flavor.

How long does Southwestern Salsa last in the refrigerator?

If stored in an airtight container, Southwestern Salsa can last up to 5 days in the refrigerator. It is important to use it within that time frame to ensure freshness and avoid spoilage.

Can I make Southwestern Salsa ahead of time?

Yes, Southwestern Salsa can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This allows the flavors to meld together and enhances the taste. However, it is recommended to add the avocado and lime juice right before serving to prevent them from browning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jesusluvsu2005
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • chefjulieatkins
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies