• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Sunday Show Possible for My Party?

In summary, the party planner is looking for a Sunday show that is possible for her to do, and she is considering hiring a child to watch the kids while the host goes to the show.
babywings76
Gold Member
I had a previous host just e-mail me yesterday after getting my newsletter (Yay for newsletters! :) ) This is what she sent:

I was thinking of doing a party again, maybe sometime in June. The only thing is that I would like to do it on a Sunday, and i am not sure if that works with your schedule. It is difficult as most of my friends have young children, and it is difficult to leave on a week night. Let me know if that would work. I would like to have more family there, and Sunday more would be able to attend. No pressure if it doesn't work.

I don't do Sunday shows though, so this is what I wrote back:

Thanks for contacting me about your interest in booking another party. I really wish I could accommodate you with a Sunday spot, but unfortunately I don't do shows on Sundays. I'm wondering if maybe a Saturday could work? We could do a brunch, lunch, or dinner show. Whichever time, it still leaves people time that day to run errands and do family activities and such, yet makes it so a spouse could be home with the kids. Do you think something like that could work for you and your guests?

Let me know what you think and we can check our calendars and find a date for you. I look forward to working with you again.

She just sent me this in reply:

I understand about not doing Sundays. Unfortunately, that is the only time I would have, that I could accomodate my family as well. Many of them have non traditional jobs, so the husbands aren't guaranteed to be home with the kids (including mine).They have been begging me to do another one. Thanks anyway, I wanted to check with you first!

So I'm so sad that she's going to go to another consultant now. :(

Sorry Amanda, I also don't do Sunday shows. I know it is hard when this happens. You never know, she may come back.

It's hard when your schedules don't mesh. I can't do weeknight shows (unless it's a friend and it's more casual) because by the time I get out of work, get everything assembled, have the show, clean up, etc... well, you get the drift! It's a recipe for no sleep for me!! Maybe you can pass her on to someone else in your cluster?

babywings76 said:
I had a previous host just e-mail me yesterday after getting my newsletter (Yay for newsletters! :) ) This is what she sent:

I was thinking of doing a party again, maybe sometime in June. The only thing is that I would like to do it on a Sunday, and i am not sure if that works with your schedule. It is difficult as most of my friends have young children, and it is difficult to leave on a week night. Let me know if that would work. I would like to have more family there, and Sunday more would be able to attend. No pressure if it doesn't work.

I don't do Sunday shows though, so this is what I wrote back:

Thanks for contacting me about your interest in booking another party. I really wish I could accommodate you with a Sunday spot, but unfortunately I don't do shows on Sundays. I'm wondering if maybe a Saturday could work? We could do a brunch, lunch, or dinner show. Whichever time, it still leaves people time that day to run errands and do family activities and such, yet makes it so a spouse could be home with the kids. Do you think something like that could work for you and your guests?

Let me know what you think and we can check our calendars and find a date for you. I look forward to working with you again.

She just sent me this in reply:

I understand about not doing Sundays. Unfortunately, that is the only time I would have, that I could accomodate my family as well. Many of them have non traditional jobs, so the husbands aren't guaranteed to be home with the kids (including mine).They have been begging me to do another one. Thanks anyway, I wanted to check with you first!

So I'm so sad that she's going to go to another consultant now. :(

what about maybe suggesting hiring a local teen to watch all the kids at the host's house during the show....everyone could go in on the payment together (or do you have a child you could volunteer?) I know a lot of the kids near me are required to do community service hours....maybe you know someone like this. just thought that this may allow for a show on a day other than sunday without having to worry about whether or not the husbands are home.
Jen

Maybe I'm not getting it, but if the "lost" host has said that she only wants to do a Saunday show, why the need to talk her out of it? She's stated things on her end pretty clearly, hasn't said that she NEVER wants to host a show, wants to go forward with the show, has interested friends, etc.

It just seems to me that you all are making suggestions to get her to change her mind. But if the OP wants to go forward with this show, perhaps she is the one that needs to be flexible and have the show on a Sunday after all.

I'm just sayin'.......

Amanda, it sounds like she really likes you as a consultant. I imagine she'll keep you in mind for future PC needs. BadGirl, I understand what you're saying. However, I respect Amanda's decision to not do Sunday shows. There's nothing wrong with setting your own boundaries and sticking with them--just like Sarah does. It's frustrating when a compromise can't be reached. I think Amanda's just taking the opportunity to vent a bit, not searching for ways to talk the "lost host" into choosing another day.

raebates said:
Amanda, it sounds like she really likes you as a consultant. I imagine she'll keep you in mind for future PC needs.

BadGirl, I understand what you're saying. However, I respect Amanda's decision to not do Sunday shows. There's nothing wrong with setting your own boundaries and sticking with them--just like Sarah does. It's frustrating when a compromise can't be reached. I think Amanda's just taking the opportunity to vent a bit, not searching for ways to talk the "lost host" into choosing another day.

Well said Rae!

BadGirl said:
Maybe I'm not getting it, but if the "lost" host has said that she only wants to do a Saunday show, why the need to talk her out of it? She's stated things on her end pretty clearly, hasn't said that she NEVER wants to host a show, wants to go forward with the show, has interested friends, etc.It just seems to me that you all are making suggestions to get her to change her mind. But if the OP wants to go forward with this show, perhaps she is the one that needs to be flexible and have the show on a Sunday after all.I'm just sayin'.......
What does OP stand for? I don't do Sunday shows for religious reasons, so I can't be flexible in that respect. In her first e-mail to me she didn't mention Saturdays at all, that's why I tried to offer that day to her. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I think there's also no harm in offering her the name of a fellow cluster mate who might be able to accommodate her Sunday preference. At least it'll show her that I care about meeting her needs, even if it means someone else doing the show.

Last edited:
Op stands for Original Poster.

raebates said:
Amanda, it sounds like she really likes you as a consultant. I imagine she'll keep you in mind for future PC needs.

BadGirl, I understand what you're saying. However, I respect Amanda's decision to not do Sunday shows. There's nothing wrong with setting your own boundaries and sticking with them--just like Sarah does. It's frustrating when a compromise can't be reached. I think Amanda's just taking the opportunity to vent a bit, not searching for ways to talk the "lost host" into choosing another day.

Thanks Rae, that's exactly what my intent was.

Well, I went ahead and e-mailed her back this:I totally understand and again, I'm sorry I am unable to do a show for you this time. If you would like, I can recommend another consultant for you. Her name is xxxxx and she lives in (same town as host). She's actually my director. She does a great job and is very successful with her business. I'm pretty sure she does Sundays. If you'd like to check out her availability, she can be reached at xxxxxx, and her e-mail address is: [email protected]. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with, or if you need any other names. (There are other consultants in my "cluster" that I could ask for you.)Also, have you ever thought about becoming a consultant? It sounds like you have a lot of friends and family that love the products and would probably be a great starting boost to a business. You are so kind and friendly and have a very professional manner that would suit so well as a consultant. Even just as a "hobby" or part-time, it's something you may want to think about. (The monthly requirement is very low and there aren't any fees) And when you do your own party, not only do you still get host benefits, but you also walk away with a commission check--then you can get even more products you love at a consultant discount, or bank it! :)I hope you don't mind my sharing that with you. I just want to be sure I'm helping you in all the ways I can. Let me know if there's anything more I can help you with.Thanks again! Hopefully that comes across okay with her and isn't tacky of me. I know she really would be great at the business, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to mention it. Plus, if she does choose my director, she'll be wowed with her and since my director is a champ at recruiting..I'd regret if I never mentioned anything to this past host. ;)

Perfect email Amanda! Good luck.

That sounds great to me. I think I would foward the email you sent to your director just to give her a heads up so if the host does call she won't be caught off guard.

Yep, already did that. Thanks though! :)

Ok, first off, I need to apologize if my post came across as being especially snarky. I saw something that didn't sit well with me, so I responded. However, I should have read the original post, and the successive posts with a different eye .... someone merely venting, and others just offering suggestions.

Sorry if I offended anyone. :eek:

Amanda--Excellent email and great idea to offer the opportunity!

Don't worry BadGirl, we still love you!

Amanda - well handled in your last e-mail. Great way to try to make lemonaid!!

Amanda, it IS disappointing when you can't accomodate your hosts. I only do Fri-Sun shows...I can't do weeknights because my husband goes to school at night, but I haven't had anyone NOT work w/ me because of it. I can imagine your disappointment, but again, this is YOUR business, and if you are "closed" on Sundays then that's the rule. If you make an exeption for this host, you will have to feel committed to make exceptions for "other' hosts (like, what if you did this party on a sunday and someone booked and wanted sundays, you can't say "I don't do Sundays" when you just did that one) I think you are totally making the right decision.

Something else will come your way!

Amanda,
I think the email looks great. It is a bummer to lose a host due to not doing shows on Sun. I lost one a couple yrs ago she was adamant about doing one on Sun. I even tried to find her a consultant but the only ones I knew didnt do shows on Sun. But she did find someone.

Let us know if she resonds back about the recruiting

BadGirl--no worries. You didn't come off snarky at all. The thread had drifted a bit from the original intent. That's not exactly unusual around here.Amanda, the email is great--helpful and friendly while still being professional.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn free and discounted products. You will also get the opportunity to try out new recipes and kitchen tools, while having a fun and social gathering with your friends and family.

What happens if I lose my host status?

If you lose your host status, you will no longer be eligible for the host rewards and benefits. However, you can still attend the party and enjoy the delicious food and products.

Can I reschedule my party if I can't make it on the original date?

Yes, you can definitely reschedule your party if something comes up. Just reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and they will work with you to find a new date that works for you and your guests.

What if I don't have enough guests to qualify for host rewards?

Don't worry, even if you don't have enough guests to qualify for host rewards, you can still earn free products by having a successful party. Your consultant can provide you with more information and tips on how to have a successful party.

How can I maximize my host rewards?

There are many ways to maximize your host rewards, such as inviting a large group of guests, promoting your party on social media, and collecting outside orders. Your consultant can also provide you with more tips and ideas on how to make the most out of your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
milkangel
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • pcsharon1
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies