• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

so at theRisk of Sounding 'Dirty'...

In summary, Becky posted a status update on Facebook that said she would give away two free rubs to people who spent $60 this month. She included a picture of herself with a smile and next to it was the message "Spend $60 this month and get two free rubs from me!" There was a lot of reaction to the post on Facebook, with some people finding it funny and others offended. Some people speculated that Becky's post was a marketing ploy to get more people to her Facebook page, where she is presumably posting her updates.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I have to just share what I saw as a friend's FB status:

"Spend $60 this month and get two free rubs from me!" (and next to it was her beautiful, smiling face).

OMG. I almost fell off my chair. It just struck me as funny. I am sorry if I offended anyone, I just couldn't help it.

Not offended. That's pretty funny. Way to get some attention on your FB status.

That's very clever!

Hilarious...and at the risk of sounding dirty....your thread title so intrigued me I had to open it! :D

Waiting for Becky to post the same thing on her FB status.:D

Hey, I like it. I might even steal it!

JAE said:
Waiting for Becky to post the same thing on her FB status.:D

Not today....I've already posted enough status updates for today. I have limits you know. :)

Is it raining by your house JAE? I can hear the thunder now...

Love it!! Knowing my family and friends they would post something dirty back to me and I'd need to delete it

So do you gals have PC facebook pages going then? Is that where you are posting your updates?

CAPCnewbie said:
Love it!! Knowing my family and friends they would post something dirty back to me and I'd need to delete it

So do you gals have PC facebook pages going then? Is that where you are posting your updates?

Yep... I could never post that either. OMG. My friends would make it much worse!

AJPratt said:
I have to just share what I saw as a friend's FB status:

"Spend $60 this month and get two free rubs from me!" (and next to it was her beautiful, smiling face).

OMG. I almost fell off my chair. It just struck me as funny. I am sorry if I offended anyone, I just couldn't help it.
Afraid it might rub someone the wrong way? Think it might a salt their sensibilities?

I thought it was a good way to spice up the evening.

CAPCnewbie said:

I am also curious! Where is everyone posting their updates????

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Afraid it might rub someone the wrong way? Think it might a salt their sensibilities?

I thought it was a good way to spice up the evening.

KG, where have you been hiding? I've been worried about you. CS just isn't the same without your punny business.

this reminds me - one very successful male consultant in my neck of the woods was at our Director meeting last month. He was telling us his embarrassing story about his newsletter. He mispelled pantry and instead put in his newsletter that when you spent $60 he would give you 2 free 'panty' rubs.....he about fell over when one of his customers called and asked him for more details!

pampchefsarah said:
KG, where have you been hiding? I've been worried about you. CS just isn't the same without your punny business.

I'm here every morning! (And I've been working alot, too.)

he would give you 2 free 'panty' rubs
:p Holy heck, I just spit my drink out on my keyboard. Too funny!

pamperedlinda said:
this reminds me - one very successful male consultant in my neck of the woods was at our Director meeting last month. He was telling us his embarrassing story about his newsletter. He mispelled pantry and instead put in his newsletter that when you spent $60 he would give you 2 free 'panty' rubs.....he about fell over when one of his customers called and asked him for more details!

Always profread two make sure you didn't maek any misnakes.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Always profread two make sure you didn't maek any misnakes.

that was what was so funny - he said he read it a dozen times and didn't catch it and of course neither did spell-checker.

I heard the same story at my Cluster Meeting but heard it was a woman who did it! LOL!

Hysterical!KG: I've missed you! My hours are all goofy.

pamperedlinda said:
that was what was so funny - he said he read it a dozen times and didn't catch it and of course neither did spell-checker.

An old editor taught me a trick many years ago...don't just proof read it, read it out loud to yourself. It's amazing what you catch that way.

Spell checker would never catch "panty"--it's a real word!
I agree with KG, I have to read things aloud, or even have someone else read it to me...when I read it silently I see what I expect to see.Lol--love these stories! I love it when typos change the meaning.Marghi

I think it's time to dig this out again. [Blows off dust, wipes surface clean]

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

What is the meaning of "so at theRisk of Sounding 'Dirty'..."?

"So at theRisk of Sounding 'Dirty'..." is a phrase often used by Pampered Chef consultants to introduce a recipe or cooking tip that may have a humorous or risqué connotation. It is meant to be lighthearted and fun, and should not be taken seriously.

Why do Pampered Chef consultants use the phrase "so at theRisk of Sounding 'Dirty'..."?

The phrase "so at theRisk of Sounding 'Dirty'..." is used by Pampered Chef consultants to add a playful and entertaining element to their demonstrations and events. It helps to engage the audience and make the experience more enjoyable for everyone.

Is "so at theRisk of Sounding 'Dirty'..." appropriate for all audiences?

While the phrase "so at theRisk of Sounding 'Dirty'..." is meant to be harmless and fun, it is up to the discretion of the consultant whether or not to use it in front of certain audiences. Pampered Chef consultants are trained to read their audience and adjust their language accordingly.

Can I use the phrase "so at theRisk of Sounding 'Dirty'..." in my own Pampered Chef demonstrations?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are free to use the phrase "so at theRisk of Sounding 'Dirty'..." in your own demonstrations and events. Just make sure to use it in a tasteful and appropriate manner that aligns with the Pampered Chef brand and values.

Are there any other phrases or jokes that are commonly used by Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, Pampered Chef consultants often use other lighthearted and playful phrases or jokes to add humor to their demonstrations. Some examples include "That's what she said," "I'm not a chef, I just play one on TV," and "We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents." It is important to use these phrases in a way that is appropriate and respectful to all audience members.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
millthayer
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sarahlegare
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC