• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Size of Oval Platter and Pasta Bowls

It seems like the oval platter and pasta bowls are new products. They may be the smaller option for those who have larger regular plates. The platter is perfect for side dishes and the pasta bowls are good for salads. The platter does not fit in the rice cooker.
annmarie8191
Gold Member
Am I the only one surprised at how small the oval platter and pasta bowls are? I have regular plates as big as the platter! Just wanted to vent a little.....

I take it these are the new products???

I got the oval platter as part of a sample set.

It's funny since I was thinking that the last thing I needed was another platter! I have TONS, so I was quite pleased when I saw how small it was!

It could actually be used as an oval dinner plate.

Personally, for my uses, I was happy that is was so small. But, now that you mention it, if you were expecting to use it as a platter, I agree, it is pretty small.

My first set of dishes were Corelle. The "platter" that came with my big set was quite small, too, and I was disappointed. Wonder if for dishes sets, that's a typical thing? The catalog says the size of the serving area is 12" x 8 1/2".

Personally I like the size of the platter. I have all the platters that we've had and others and I do not need another big one. Most nights it's just two of us so it's a perfect size. We use it most for taking our steak or burgers from the grill to the table.I was disappointed at the size of the pasta bowls but now that we've used them we love them, especially for salads and for side dishes like veggies - the dots pasta bowls were a bit big for some things.

I used mine for Easter to serve steak medallions on. It was perfect for that. HOWEVER, my director raved about how she used her oval platter when she did the lava cake in the rice cooker. I got my cooker the same time as the new platter came in my sample pack. Well, since its smaller, it DOESN'T WORK! :( I am rather dissappointed in that. now I'm just going to have to use a dinner plate from the host.

What is the size of the oval platter?

The oval platter measures 14 inches in length and 10 inches in width.

What about the size of the pasta bowls?

The pasta bowls have a diameter of 8 inches and a depth of 2 inches.

Are the oval platter and pasta bowls microwave-safe?

Yes, both the oval platter and pasta bowls are microwave-safe.

Can these dishes be used in the oven?

Yes, the oval platter and pasta bowls are oven-safe up to 450°F.

Do these dishes come in different sizes or colors?

Currently, the oval platter and pasta bowls only come in one size and color, but we are always adding new products to our lineup. Stay tuned for updates!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Frugalli
  • Frugalli
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Pamela Cetin
  • naekelsey
  • General Chat
Replies