• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Simply Sweet Cookbook.......anything You'd Do for a Show??

In summary, Lisa is a repeat hostess who wants to make a dessert for her upcoming show. Some sound too long to do and she's looking for suggestions. She's also considering a trifle or torte, depending on what's available in the cookbook. The smores cups are also good but the chocolate on top won't set if they're warm. The show is in April and she's hoping to squeeze in a pie or tart.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I've got a repeat hostess who does awesome shows for me, that wants a dessert and has asked to make something from the new cookbook and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations or suggestions??

Some sound way to long to do for show, and she wants to either do it there or for me to "finish" it there. We've done trifles in past and her microwave is too small to do DCB cake, as I'd already thought of that.

Help.

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Hi all,
I've got a repeat hostess who does awesome shows for me, that wants a dessert and has asked to make something from the new cookbook and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations or suggestions??

Some sound way to long to do for show, and she wants to either do it there or for me to "finish" it there. We've done trifles in past and her microwave is too small to do DCB cake, as I'd already thought of that.

Help.

Lisa

The SMORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So easy and soooooo delicious!!!!!

I was thinking of those.....maybe I'll do a test batch for my kiddos tomorrow?? Do they take much prep or take as long to get done??

It's for a brunch show on Sat. am and she's doing it so I've got to be at her house around 9 am to get set up...bigger problem is that not only am I not home on Friday during day or until late that evening, as we have Movie Night at the school, but I've got to get my kiddos up and around for archery that starts at 8:30. So I'm not going to have much time....that's another concern.

Thanks for any and all help.

Lisa

Firey chocolate tort. Something most people are curious about but too timid to make at home. Even my 74 yr old Dad thought it was awesome!

The smores cups are REALLY good (and even better with 1/2 a Rolo under the marshmallow instead of the plain chocolate), but the chocolate on top won't set if they're warm. That may not be a consideration for your show, if you explain to the guests that they'll be soft.How about a torte? I like those as show recipes because they bake quickly, and if you want them completely cooled, you can take the cake layers already baked and cooled and talk about the pans (or put the layers in the oven when you get to the host's house so they're cooling for the first portion of the show).

chefann said:
The smores cups are REALLY good (and even better with 1/2 a Rolo under the marshmallow instead of the plain chocolate), but the chocolate on top won't set if they're warm. That may not be a consideration for your show, if you explain to the guests that they'll be soft.

I tell the guests that "the directions say to cool completely so the top chocolate can set but WHO CAN DO THAT? IF you can leave them be they are awesome cooled too. I know because I had my husband hide one so it would make it that long." We all laugh and eat them warm.

I will be using her oven to make the Ham & Egg Brunch Squares, which are pretty darn yummy, in my families opinion (Greasy, but yummy). So I really would prefer something I can at least partially pre-make.

I was actually thinking of telling her I'd make one of th pies or tarts, and bring it already made, as I was hoping I could squeeze it in Friday late evening.

Has anyone made either the Orange Dream Torte or the Bananas Foster Tart?

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa, I haven't made the recipes you mentioned but I would suggest a trifle recipe. I'd have to look to see if there is one in that cookbook but with the sale on them in April it would be a good booking tool.

We've "done" that, but I'll suggest it again. LOVE this hostess, but she takes allot of work sometimes, lol.

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
We've "done" that, but I'll suggest it again. LOVE this hostess, but she takes allot of work sometimes, lol.

Lisa

Is this show in April? If it is I would tell her that using the trifle bowl will help increase sales at her show since it's on sale. If it's March then maybe a booking or two could result...

This is a show that's on Sat. Again repeat hostess, who's sales are usually awesome so worth putting up with recipe things. But this time she's changed her mind couple of times already on main thing.

Anway, she sometimes has 20 people at her show. Shows are generally 800.00 to 1000.00, so again worth dealing with some changes with her. But I don't want to say I'll do a recipe that's going to take forever or bomb becuase I've not practiced it enough, lol.

I love trifle idea, as again, it's so close to April and could get bookings, but she's not interested. I tried already. I said we could do an Easter Trifle (no clue what, but I'd figure something) and she said, we'll we've done trifle before I want something new.

So still not sure what I'll be doing. For Brunch show, so I'm thinking light, but fresh fruit is so expensive, that I don't think she'll want some.

Lisa

Most of the recipes from the Simply Sweet cookbook that I'm seeing that would be great for showing off the Cake Pedestal or the Adj. Tiered Tower, use mixers or food processors or take a long time to make. You could make a recipe at home, though, if you felt you'd like to do that for this host. (I wouldn't though, that's too much extra stress. ;) )Well, actually...the Strawberry Cream Cupcake Desserts one sounds good and doable. But uses a lot of products and would be a main demo type of recipe. Might be too much if you are doing the Brunch Squares, too. But you could make the cupcakes when you get there and then make the filling and other stuff and assemble them during the show.How about if you did a recipe from the SB? The Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups, Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crunch Bars, Creamy Mojito Torte or Pina Colada Upside-Down Cake?

In case anyone is interested or needs these typed, here's a few that I typed and sent to her. We went page by page throught cookbook on the phone and then I typed the ones she was very interested in. Some will require prep and I told her I'd need to know by tomorrow AM if I need to do prep as I've got Friday committed from morning until around 10 pm, so I'd need to do things tomorrow.

Bananas Foster Tart
The Pampered Chef®
Simply Sweet Cookbook 2010

Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 12 Servings – 1 Torte Pan

Crust:
16 Pecan shortbread Cookies, very finely chopped (2 ½ Cups)
¼ Cup all-purpose flour
¼ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
¼ Cup Butter (½ Stick), melted

Filling and Sauce:
4 Medium Bananas
3 Tbls. Dark Rum, divided
½ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
¼ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
¼ Cup Butter (½ Stick)
½ tsp. Korintje Cinnamon
Vanilla Ice Cream (opt.)

Preheat oven to 350 F. For Crust, spray one Torte Pan with Nonstick Cooking Spray, using Kitchen Spritzer. Place an 8” circle of Parchment Paper over the center of the pan. Chop cookies with Food Chopper to form very fine crumbs. Combine crumbs, flour and brown sugar in Classic Batter Bowl. Stir in butter; mix until completely moistened. Press crumb mixture evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10-11 minutes or light golden brown.

Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; let stand 20 minutes. Carefully invert crust onto serving platter; cool completely. Meanwhile, cut bananas diagonally into ¼” thick slices. Arrange bananas in an overlapping circular pattern over cooled crust. Brush bananas with 1 Tbls. of the rum using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush.

In 2 qt. Saucepan, combine brown sugar, cream and butter; cook and stir with Silicone Sauce Whisk over medium-high heat 3-5 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat and cool 30 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 Tbls. Rum and cinnamon.

Reserve ½ cup of the sauce for serving. Drizzle remaining sauce over bananas. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired. Heat reserved sauce in microwave on HIGH 15 seconds; stir and drizzle over ice cream.

U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 16 g., Saturated Fat 7 g., Cholesterol 35 mg., Carbohydrate 38 g., Protein 2 g., Sodium 125 mg., Fiber 1 g. U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1½ fruit, 3 fat (2½ carb).

Cook’s Tips: Spread crust mixture firmly into pan using your fingertips, being sure not to press crumbs in too thin of a layer around the inner rim of the pan. Otherwise, the crust becomes too fragile at that area and is prone to breaking.
For best flavor and texture choose bananas at their peak ripeness for this recipe.

Upside-Down Chocolate-Mint Pie
The Pampered Chef®

Prep Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Total Time: 7 hours
Yield: 12 Servings

Crust:
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
5 Tbls. Sugar, divided
2 Tbls. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/8 tsp. Salt
1/3 Cup Cold Butter
1/3 Cup Solid Vegetable Shortening
4-5 Tbls. Ice-Cold Water

Filling and Topping:
1 Pkg. (5 oz.) Chocolate Cook & Serve pudding Mix (6 servings)
2½ Cups Milk
1 pkg. (4.67 oz.) Crème de Menthe chocolate Candies (about 28 candies), unwrapped, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Tbls. Powdered Sugar
Mint Chocolate curls (See Cook’s tip)

Preheat oven to 450 F. Combine flour, 2 Tbls. Of the sugar, cocoa powder and salt in Stainless (4 qt.) Mixing Bowl. Using Pastry Blender, cut in butter and shortening until the size of small peas. Sprinkle with 1 Tbls. water; toss gently with a fork. Repeat using 1 Tbls. of water at a time until dough forms into a ball.

Sprinkle Pastry Mat with remaining sugar. Divide Dough in half; form into 2 disks. Refrigerate one disk. Place remaining disk on mat. Roll into a 12” circle using Baker’s Roller®. Press gently, sugar side down, into a 9” pie plate. Trim edges even with pie plate. Press a double layer of aluminum foil over edges. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes or until firm and dry. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325 F.

In 2 qt. Saucepan, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Place 24 candies in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted, stirring after 30 seconds. Add cream cheese and pudding; whisk until smooth. Spread into crust.

Place remaining dough disk on lightly floured mat. Roll into a 12” circle. Gently prick crust with tool. Place crust over filling; press edges. Trim edges. Bake 23-28 minutes or until crust is firm and dry. Remove to Cooling Rack; cool 1 hour. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Beat cream on high speed of electric hand mixer to soft peaks. Add powdered sugar; eat to stiff peaks. Carefully invert pie onto serving plate. Spread cream over pie. Garnish and serve.

U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 390, Total Fat 26 g., Saturated Fat 16 g., Cholesterol 60 mg., Carbohydrate 35 g., Protein 6 g., Sodium 180 mg., Fiber 1 g. U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 2 starch, ½ fruit, 6 fat (2½ carb).

Cook’s Tips: The dough can be covered and refrigerated overnight. The dough can also be frozen up to 2 months in advance and thawed in refrigerator.
To make chocolate curls, place remaining candies on microwave plate. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 5-10 seconds or until slightly softened. Using Vegetable Peeler, peel the thin edge of mint, pulling blade towards you.

Orange Cream Torte
The Pampered Chef®

Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
Yield: 16 Servings – 1 Torte Pan

Cake:
1 Small Pkg. (9 oz.) Yellow Cake Mix**
½ Cup Sour Cream
½ Cup Melted Orange Sherbet
1 Egg

Filling and Topping:
1 Orange
4 oz. Cream Cheese Softened
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Tbls. Melted Orange Sherbet
1 Container (8 oz.) Frozen Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
1 Can (11 oz.) Mandarin Orange Segments in juice, drained

Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray one Torte Pan with Nonstick Cooking Spray, using Kitchen Spritzer. Place an 8” circle of Parchment Paper over the center of the pan. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, sherbet, and egg. Whisk 1 minute or until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading to edges. Bake 12-15 minutes or until center feels firm to the touch. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; let stand 10 minutes. Invert cake onto Cake Pedestal; remove parchment and cool completely.

Meanwhile, zest orange using Microplane Adjustable Grater® to measure 1 tbls. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, sherbet and zest in Stainless (2 qt) Mixing Bowl; whisk until smooth. Reserve ¾ cup of the whipped topping for garnish. Fold remaining whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.

Spread filling into well of cake. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish with reserved whipped topping and mandarin orange segments just before serving.

U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 180, Total Fat 8 g., Saturated Fat 5 g., Cholesterol 25 mg., Carbohydrate 23 g., Protein 2 g., Sodium 135 mg., Fiber 0 g.
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, ½ fruit, 1½ fat (1½ carb).

**Cook’s Tips: Cake can be doubled using an 18.25 oz. Package of cake mix. Double remaining ingredients and divide between two Torte pans. Increase bake time to 14-16 minutes. Cool completely and at this time, you can wrap and freeze one cake for up to one month. Prepare filling and toppen when you’re ready to serve the second cake.

HTH,
Some won't fit so have to do second entry.

Lisa

Here's the other recipes......

Caramel-Chocolate Mini-Bars
The Pampered Chef®

Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Yield: 48 Mini Bars

1 Cup Quick or Old Fashioned Oats
1 Cup all-purpose Flour
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
¼ tsp. Salt
½ Cup butter (1 stick), melted
1 Pkg. (14 oz.) Caramel Candies, unwrapped
2 Tbls. Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup Milk Chocolate Morsels

Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in Stainless (4 qt.) Mixing Bowl; mix well. Add butter; mix until crumbly. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of ungreased Medium Sheet Pan (do NOT use stoneware). Bake 20-22 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.

Place caramels and cream in Large Micro-Cooker®. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1-3 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Pour over hot crust; carefully spread to edges using Small Spreader. Let stand 10 minutes or until caramel is set. Cut dessert lengthwise into eight rows.

Place chocolate morsels in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1½-3 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 39 seconds. Spoon melted chocolate into resealable plastic bag. Twist top of bag; trim corner. Pipe a continual loop of chocolate down each row. Let stand until chocolate is set. Cut rows crosswise into sixths to make 48 mini-bars.

U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 mini-bar): Calories 110, Total Fat 4.5 g., Saturated Fat 2.5 g., Cholesterol 10 mg., Carbohydrate 17 g., Protein 1 g., Sodium 75 mg., Fiber 0 g.
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fat (1 carb).

Cook’s Tips: After spreading the caramel over the crust, cut the dessert right away, this creates a guide for the piping the chocolate loops evenly down each row.

S’More Cups
The Pampered Chef®

Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
Yield: 24 Cups

7 Whole Graham Crackers (1 Cup finely crushed)
¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
6 Tbls. Butter, melted
4 Bars (1.55 oz) milk chocolate candy, divided
12 Large Marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350 F. Place graham crackers into a large resealable plastic bag Finely rush into crumbs using Baker’s Roller®. Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter into Small Batter Bowl. Using Small Scoop, place a scant scoop of crumb mixture in each cup of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan. Press crumbs to form shallow cups with Mini-Tart Shaper. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling. Meanwhile, break two of the candy bars into rectangles. Remove pan from oven place one rectangle into each cup.

Cut Marshmallows in half crosswise using Professional Shears dipped in cold water. Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup. Return to oven 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are just slightly softened. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 15 minutes. Carefully remove cups from pan. Cool completely.

Break remaining candy bars and place in (1 Cup) Prep Bowl. Microwave on High
1-1½ minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds. Dip the top of each marshmallows in melted chocolate. Turn top-side up and let stand 40 minutes-1hour or until set.

Cook’s Tips: Dipping the Professional Shears in cold water before cutting the marshmallows helps minimize sticking.

The time it takes chocolate to set varies depending on weather conditions and room temperature. You can refrigerate the cups briefly until the chocolate is set, store them at room temperature.

Store cups in a single layer in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Freezing is NOT recommended.

For a richer chocolate flavor, substitute dark chocolate candy bars for the milk chocolate.

U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 cup): Calories 100, Total Fat 6 g., Saturated Fat 3.5 g., Cholesterol 10 mg., Carbohydrate 11 g., Protein 1 g., Sodium 60 mg., Fiber 0 g.
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fat (1 carb).

HTH, someone who might need them.

Lisa

Last edited:
I think the lemon drop cookies are sooo yummy! I am making those + the choc peanut btr crunch bars and churros for a party this weekend. But I am making them all ahead of time ...

cookingwithdot said:
I think the lemon drop cookies are sooo yummy! I am making those + the choc peanut btr crunch bars and churros for a party this weekend. But I am making them all ahead of time ...

OHhhhhhh - the Churros are so easy, and so delicious! I'd do those! I like the dip better if you only use about 1/2 of the coffee called for in the recipe. I've also used the new apple sprinkles on them, and that's great!

My first show with the new Spring/Summer 2010 products I made the Strawberry Cream Cupcake Desserts. I prepared the cupcakes at home and took them to the show. I put the cupcakes on the adjustable tiered tower. I prepared the filling, strawberries and garnish at the show and the guests helped. It was so delicious and quick. I used splenda in place of the sugar and it tasted great.

Update, after all this hoopla I went through, she said, well why don't we do crescent rolls with the Apple Sprinkles in them......Ok, that would be easy and I went through all this bother for what?? Oh well, it'll be a piece of cake for me, lol.

Thanks for all the input, at least I'll be ready for next time, lol.

I'm sad though, went to get marshmallows to make s'more cups and only 1 bag of large marshmallows (that weren't the yucky coconut ones) were left and they were HARD as ROCKS, so I didn't waste my $ or time using them.

Thanks again,

Lisa

A tip for the smore cups (which are super yummy and a hit)...put in freezer for a bit to set up...

1. What recipes are included in the "Simply Sweet Cookbook"?

The "Simply Sweet Cookbook" features over 100 delicious dessert recipes including cakes, cookies, pies, and more. There are also options for those with dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan recipes.

2. Are the recipes in the "Simply Sweet Cookbook" easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in the "Simply Sweet Cookbook" are designed to be simple and easy to follow for home cooks of all skill levels. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips for success.

3. Can I use these recipes for my Pampered Chef show?

Absolutely! The "Simply Sweet Cookbook" is a great resource for Pampered Chef consultants to use for their shows. Your guests will love trying out the delicious recipes and may even be inspired to purchase the products used in the recipes.

4. Are there any special tools or equipment needed for the recipes in the "Simply Sweet Cookbook"?

While many of the recipes in the "Simply Sweet Cookbook" can be made with basic kitchen tools, there are a few that may require specific Pampered Chef products. However, the cookbook includes alternative options for those who do not have the recommended tools.

5. Are there any healthier options in the "Simply Sweet Cookbook"?

Yes, the "Simply Sweet Cookbook" includes a section of healthier dessert options that are made with wholesome ingredients and less sugar. There are also tips throughout the cookbook on how to make substitutions to make recipes even healthier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Chefgirl2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • cookscorner