• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Remove Metal Scratches from My White Dinner Plates?

In summary, the Stainless Steel Cleaner, Soft Scrub, and BarKeepers Friend worked to remove the metal scratches from the white part of the plates.
jessicafawn
Gold Member
Hello Cheffers.... I recently replaced all of my dinner and salad plates with our pretty white & cranberry accent pieces. I love them but after using them a couple times I have little metal scratches from my silverware on the white part of the plates. I'm annoyed because I love them but get embarrassed when I have company over because they look awful. I've set aside ones that don't have scratches to bring to shows, but does anyone have any advice about removing the scratches??? :confused: I really love the plates otherwise...

Hope all is well with everyone.

It's called marring and it is noted on the Use & Care guide.Use a little of our Stainless Cleaner, Soft Scrub, BarKeepers Friend. Any of those will work.

It's also typical of almost every plate on the market. My Pfaltzgraff (everyday dishes) have those marks all over.

chefann said:
It's also typical of almost every plate on the market. My Pfaltzgraff (everyday dishes) have those marks all over.

Yeah, my Pfaltzgraff barely looks white anymore.

DebbieJ said:
Yeah, my Pfaltzgraff barely looks white anymore.

Hey Deb, I have some great SS cleaner I could sell you that works wonders on Pfaltzgraff!;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey Deb, I have some great SS cleaner I could sell you that works wonders on Pfaltzgraff!;)

LOL!

Mine are over 10 years old, so I don't even bother trying anymore. We are looking to move in the next year or so, and I'm going to buy all new dishes at that time anyway. Probably something simple and light like Corelle.

I used to get those on my Correl dishes, too.

DebbieJ said:
LOL!

Mine are over 10 years old, so I don't even bother trying anymore. We are looking to move in the next year or so, and I'm going to buy all new dishes at that time anyway. Probably something simple and light like Corelle.

My Pfaltzgraff is 14 years old. I just recently broke my favorite serving bowl - which was DH's favorite cereal bowl. It rolled off the counter into the sink and shattered. But my goal (before it's discontinued) is to get 1 or 2 of the Dots dinnerware sets to replace my old dishes.

chefann said:
My Pfaltzgraff is 14 years old. I just recently broke my favorite serving bowl - which was DH's favorite cereal bowl. It rolled off the counter into the sink and shattered. But my goal (before it's discontinued) is to get 1 or 2 of the Dots dinnerware sets to replace my old dishes.
I would get the Dots, but the dinner plates are so huge! I don't want to eat that much! I love the bowls, though and will probably get those with some plain white plates from elsewhere.

DebbieJ said:
I would get the Dots, but the dinner plates are so huge! I don't want to eat that much! I love the bowls, though and will probably get those with some plain white plates from elsewhere.

The dinner plates are huge, my dh and I use the salad plates or pasta bowls instead.

Thanks for your help. I'm going to try our ss cleaner right now. Thanks again.

DebbieJ said:

I use the large plates for DH and for serving platters - DS and I use the salad plates as our dinner plates.
Tonight we had Chicken Pot Pie, and the DH got a Pasta Bowl, and DS and I used the small bowls. They work beautifully!

I don't like for my food to touch, so I like using the dinner plates. If we're having some sort of one-dish meal, we'll use the salad plates or pasta bowls. The Furry Guy loves that the plates turn up around the edge to hold all the "juicy goodness" in.

jessicafawn said:
Thanks for your help. I'm going to try our ss cleaner right now. Thanks again.

Did the SS cleaner work?

1. What are Simple Additions Scratches?

Simple Additions Scratches are a line of serving platters and bowls created by Pampered Chef that feature a unique scratch-resistant coating. This coating helps to prevent scratches and marks from utensils, making them perfect for everyday use.

2. How do I care for my Simple Additions Scratches products?

To ensure the longevity of your Simple Additions Scratches products, we recommend hand washing them with warm, soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbing pads, as they can damage the scratch-resistant coating.

3. Can I use metal utensils on Simple Additions Scratches products?

While the scratch-resistant coating on our Simple Additions Scratches products is designed to withstand normal use, we recommend using non-metal utensils to prevent any potential scratching or damage.

4. Are Simple Additions Scratches products oven-safe?

Yes, all Simple Additions Scratches products are oven-safe up to 375°F. This makes them perfect for serving hot dishes and keeping them warm while entertaining.

5. Can I put my Simple Additions Scratches products in the dishwasher?

Yes, Simple Additions Scratches products are dishwasher safe. However, to ensure the longevity of the scratch-resistant coating, we recommend hand washing with warm, soapy water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
CRuff
Replies
Views
pcjeanie
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe