• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should You Add Unresponsive Guests to Your Contacts? | Expert Opinion

In summary, the conversation revolves around the ethical considerations of adding unresponsive or non-attending guests to one's contact list for future email marketing. Most participants agree that it is important to only add people who have given permission to be added and to not use guest lists provided by hosts without their knowledge or consent. Some suggest sending a gentle follow-up email to non-attending guests, but only if they have expressed interest in being added to the contact list. Overall, the consensus is to err on the side of caution and respect people's privacy when it comes to email marketing.
laylaleigh
Do you add invited guests to your contacts even if they do not come to the show? These are addresses that a host added to your website and they didn't come or didn't respond. Is it bad taste to add them to your contacts and send them emails?

Just wanted your opinion. Thanks!

I do not. I only add people to my list who have given me permission to do so. I don't like unsolicited email so I don't think it's right to do that to someone else.

I agree with Linda. When I hand out drawing slips I specifically mention that if they write their e-mail they are giving me permission to send my newsletter. Better to be overcautious than anger a potential repeat customer or host.

I, too, do not add ANYONE to my list without their permission.

I wouldn't use those addresses from the guest list. It's your host's list and I would consider it private. People really don't like getting put on sales lists without first being made aware of it. It might upset your host also. Just like when I send out the invites for my hosts and ask for phone numbers to help with the reminder calls, I tell them I don't hold on to the information. They can give it to me at the show. If they don't come, they still have my contact info on the invite or can always talk to the host to get my info.

I don't use the guest list emails either. Only if someone gives me their email address at a show do I add it to my contact list.

I don't do that either, however, I do add guests from the show even if they don't order. I just recently started doing and it has added to my contact list.

I agree too. I was just wondering if anyone tried to reach out to those people and what response they got. Like a "sorry you couldn't make it" email.

I think a sorry you couldnt make it email is different from putting them on your list for further contact. You might write them and say sorry you couldnt make it, and ask them if they would like to be on your mailing list. If you don't get a response or they say no, don't add them, but if they say yes, then add them.

candiejayne said:
I think a sorry you couldnt make it email is different from putting them on your list for further contact. You might write them and say sorry you couldnt make it, and ask them if they would like to be on your mailing list. If you don't get a response or they say no, don't add them, but if they say yes, then add them.

I agree. haven't tired it, but it sounds like a gentle way of checking in with that potential customer without going too far out of your way for someone you don't know & didn't order. isn't there an email pn the PWS for something similar to that?

i know when i was a host, i sent the sorry you can't make it to my out of town guest and it persuades them to order for the show offline.

Related to Should You Add Unresponsive Guests to Your Contacts? | Expert Opinion

1. Should I add unresponsive guests to my contacts?

Yes, it is important to add unresponsive guests to your contacts for several reasons. First, by having their contact information, you can follow up with them in the future and potentially convert them into customers. Second, adding them to your contacts allows you to keep track of who you have invited and can help you plan for future events. Lastly, it shows that you value their potential business and are interested in maintaining a relationship with them.

2. Will adding unresponsive guests to my contacts bother them?

Not necessarily. As long as you are respectful and not constantly bombarding them with messages, adding unresponsive guests to your contacts should not bother them. It is important to have their permission before adding them and to only reach out occasionally with relevant information or offers.

3. How often should I follow up with unresponsive guests?

It is important to find a balance when following up with unresponsive guests. You don't want to come across as too pushy or annoying, but you also don't want to give up on potential customers. It is recommended to follow up every few weeks or once a month, depending on the event or offer you are promoting.

4. What is the best way to follow up with unresponsive guests?

The best way to follow up with unresponsive guests is through personalized and targeted messages. This could be through email, text message, or social media. Personalize the message to their interests or previous interactions with your brand, and make sure to include a call-to-action to encourage them to respond or take action.

5. Should I remove unresponsive guests from my contacts if they never respond?

It is not necessary to remove unresponsive guests from your contacts, but it is important to periodically clean up your contact list. If you have reached out multiple times and have not received any response, it may be time to remove them and focus on engaging with other potential customers. However, you can always add them back in the future if they show interest or respond to your messages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KimoMakano
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KimoMakano
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • Intrepid_Chef