• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Parking Lot Revelations: New Co-Workers and their Fancy Cars!

In summary, when trying to make a good impression on co-workers with fancy cars, it's important to avoid making assumptions and show genuine interest in their work and accomplishments. Do not feel intimidated by their fancy cars, and remember that a person's worth is not measured by possessions. When discussing cars with co-workers, approach with curiosity and respect their time and workload. If you cannot afford a fancy car, do not feel pressured to keep up and remember your worth is not determined by material possessions. Having a fancy car may come with social implications, but focus on building meaningful connections and treating others with respect.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
So since my company moved to a new office, I have a lot of co-workers I didn't have before. Also, when we were at the old place, the cars were spread throughout 5 area parking lots and now we're all in the same place. I am seeing their cars and mine is the oldest bucket of rust there!

Today I parked right next to a shiny new Mercedes Benz. I guessed that the car owner has a rich husband because we sure don't make big money here! That was confirmed by the person's vanity plate: PAMPERD

Should I stick a Pampered Chef catalog on her window?

Is it likely she earned that car by being a consultant herself? :chef:

Or is it more likely that her staff does all her cooking for her?:D

Wait for her and ask her personally. If you don't want to do that, then put a mini in her windshield with a note "I'm Pampered too! Pampered Chef that is! I'd love to Pamper you with free and discounted products..."

I don't know that I'd lead with the "Free" product aspect of the benefits. Maybe more the entertaining friends and getting together with them. She may like to "show off". Free products may not be a big draw for her if money is not an issue.But having a get together with friends to do a fun theme night (ie- Bites and Bevs, or a Happy Hour show).

Her plate probably says "pampered" because she couldn't get XPENSV!

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't even know that the person is female! Given the pay differential in my workplace between men and women, and department heads and not, it's possible the owner could be over my head! Not good!

1. How can I make a good impression on my new co-workers with fancy cars?

To make a good impression on your new co-workers with fancy cars, it's important to be respectful and not make assumptions based on their car. Take the time to get to know them as individuals and show genuine interest in their work and accomplishments.

2. Should I feel intimidated by my co-worker's fancy car?

No, you should not feel intimidated by your co-worker's fancy car. Remember that a person's worth is not measured by their possessions, and everyone has their own unique talents and strengths to bring to the workplace.

3. How should I handle discussing cars with my co-workers?

If you're interested in discussing cars with your co-workers, approach the conversation with a genuine curiosity and avoid making assumptions or judgments. Remember to also be respectful of their time and workload.

4. What if I can't afford a fancy car like my co-workers?

Don't feel pressured to keep up with your co-workers' cars if it's not within your budget. Remember that your worth as an employee is not determined by the car you drive, and there are many other ways to show your value and contribution to the company.

5. Are there any social implications of having a fancy car at work?

Having a fancy car at work may come with certain social implications, but it's important to remember that it doesn't define your character or abilities. Be mindful of how you present yourself and treat others, and focus on building meaningful connections with your co-workers rather than material possessions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies