• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Take My Business Home For Thanksgiving?

In summary, Trina is going to be home for Thanksgiving and is wondering if she should take catalogs and order forms with her and do a catty show while she's up there, or if it's tacky. Some people suggest that she do a cooking show instead.
tmo2008
So, I just found out a few days ago that I am going to be able to go home to MI for Thanksgiving. I am wondering if I should make sure I take some catalogs and order forms and do a catty show while I am up there...Or is it tacky?

Just wanted some feedback!
Thanks,
Trina

I've done it before... taken catalogs and offered a "Sale" with my family. And with Stones already on sale, you don't have to have your own ;).

I would totally do it! And, if you can take some tools with you, make it a cooking show! The one-bowl salsa (see another thread) wouldn't require a lot of suitcase room and shows a lot! Plus, if you do that, you can write off travel expenses!

I never though of that part! I couldn't still write it off if I do a catty show? Hmmm....I wonder if my friend still has my ollllld kit products...LOL I was a consultant for a hot moment when I first got out of college in '93...I wasn't ready for my own biz, sadly...I will see what I can do as a "show on the road" !

Totally do it. I did it at Christmas last year. It was a small show--only a few orders from family as we sat around with our bellies full of turkey--but it was totally worth it.

Well, I am thinking that since I will be there for 6 days making the rounds visiting all my friends and family, maybe it would be a decent show...they all know I am a consultant again! I will take my catalogs and OOFs...

Even if you cook for/with them with other tools, you could talk to them about PC and take orders. I would still consider that a cooking show! If you are doing a walk through the catalog in person and you cook one thing while you're there, add all the orders together and call it a cooking show!

That is true too!! thanks for all of the advice!

Are you flying or driving? If driving, you could always bring products. Where will you be in Michigan? If you needed to borrow a few products - maybe there are consultants from here who could lend them to you. I'm in the Grand Rapids area if you are coming that way.

I would make one or two killer recipes that will knock their socks off - and then show them the catalog! :D

We are flying, so I know I cannot bring a lot! Thank you for the offer...we will be staying mainly in the Flint and Detroit areas though. I think I might be able to pull it off in the end now...I feel a lot better about it since you all have put your ideas in. :eek:)

And, if you put the show in a family members name you can have it shipped there and the shipping will only be 4.50 each and not direct ship prices.

Go for it! You will never know unless you try!

Most Definetely DO IT!!:thumbup: Every trip I take to see family and/or friends, I take either my kit and catalogs, or at very least catalogs and I always have a show as a result of my trip! It's a great way to write off the trip and my family/friends love it because I'm able to tell and/or show them all about the products!:)

I am NOT a tax expert but from what I understand, you can only write off the expenses if you do something PC-related everyday. So, plan your trip accordingly and plan on showing the catalog to different folks everyday of the week.

I always have catalogs and order forms with me. Always. At get-togethers, as I get talking with family members, anyone who says they want to see a catalog gets one. Often I have several orders by the end of the day.

beepampered said:
I am NOT a tax expert but from what I understand, you can only write off the expenses if you do something PC-related everyday. So, plan your trip accordingly and plan on showing the catalog to different folks everyday of the week.

I don't know if this is true or not, I never heard this. But me doing something PC related EVERY day is no problem!!! LOL! I've been an addict for 10 years!!!;):D

Related to Should I Take My Business Home For Thanksgiving?

1. Should I take my Pampered Chef business home for Thanksgiving?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and the dynamics of your family gathering. Some people may feel comfortable discussing their business with family and friends, while others may prefer to keep work separate from holiday celebrations. Consider how you think your family and friends will react and whether you feel comfortable discussing your business during a holiday gathering.

2. Will taking my business home for Thanksgiving be seen as too pushy or salesy?

Again, this depends on your approach and the dynamics of your family and friends. If you are genuinely excited and passionate about your business, and your family and friends are interested in hearing about it, then it may not come across as pushy or salesy. However, if you constantly bring up your business and try to sell products during the holiday, it may be seen as too pushy. Use your discretion and consider the comfort levels of those around you.

3. Can I offer Pampered Chef products as Thanksgiving gifts?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef products make great gifts for any occasion, including Thanksgiving. If your family and friends are interested in purchasing products, you can offer them the opportunity to place an order or even host a Pampered Chef party during the holiday. Just be sure to respect those who are not interested and don't pressure anyone into buying.

4. How can I incorporate my Pampered Chef business into Thanksgiving without being too intrusive?

One way to incorporate your business into Thanksgiving without being too intrusive is to offer to help with the meal preparations. You can showcase some of your favorite Pampered Chef products while helping to cook and offer tips and tricks for using them. You can also bring a dish or dessert made with Pampered Chef products to share with everyone. This allows you to share your business in a subtle and non-intrusive way.

5. Is it appropriate to bring Pampered Chef catalogs and business cards to Thanksgiving?

It depends on your family and friends. If they are open to learning more about your business, then it may be appropriate to bring catalogs and business cards to share with them. However, if you know that your family and friends are not interested, it may be best to leave them at home. Always respect the boundaries and comfort levels of those around you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • etteluap70PC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Chef susan
  • 3girls
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies