• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Stay Active - Decision Time

In summary, if you don't submit a show this month, you will no longer be a consultant. You have the option of resigning with a $25 fee and restarting in 6 months, or purchasing a new starter kit and not being able to keep your consultant number.
pampchefrhondab
Well if I don't submit a show this month I will no longer be a consultant. Not sure I'd I should just let that happen or not. I have mixed feelings, but really no time for PC right now.

Does anyone know if I can keep my consultant number if I re-sign?

Yep. There is a program where you can come back within 6 months and keep your number. Same recruiter, or if they are gone who ever is next up from them. $25 and you get a paperwork pkg.

If you do the program i mentioned in the previous post you aren't eligible for any of the new consultant bonuses. If you make some calls you could likely get the $150 to stay in and you'd have another 6 months to consider things. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

Thanks Beth I appreciate the information.What if I purchase a new starter kit, can I keep my number? I've been just hanging on for the last 2 years when I got a part time job and thought I would quit at that time. I've just always had past customers calling for shows or orders that's kept me in it. I've enjoyed it so much though it's hard to give up. I'm just working full time now and just not enough hours in the day.Thanks again

If you chose to get a new kit you would not be able to keep your current consultant number but you would have the opportunity to change recruiters. Hopefully, you are happy with your upline but in case...

I am very happy with my up line. I could just use a new kit since we can't purchase one anymore (after so many shows).Thanks again! You saved me from having to look it up:)!

Actually I think I have until the end of June. I last submitted a show in December. I think I may be able to get a catalog show at least in June.

If you don't get a show in,then resign with the $25 restart deal, you can have a grand opening/re-opening show and use your host benefits to get the kit products you want to refresh.

Good luck with your decision making!

I'll share my experience with this-
I've been a hobbyist for over 8.5 years.
In 2010, VERY much by accient, I was inactive 2 months in a row, and for the umpteenth time, lost my career sales. I was MAD! Mostly mad at myself, but also mad because I was unaware of changing policies. (old timers- remember retoractive waivers? Yep, I'd relied on that before, too). So I made the decision that if I had to go back to zero, I wanted a fresh start, new stuff, and all the perks of being new. So I purposely didn't do any business. I DID go to NC, in 6th month of inactivity, my last month before my orriginal contract disolved. (This was BEFORE the new policy came into effect of $25 to come back within 6 months)

My ED said, "Suzanne, I hear that you have a unique stratagy for your business!" LOL

I resigned with my orriginal upline, but I met my AWESOME Hospitality Director (Kelly8) on the way home from that NC. (I had moved out of state 16 months into my orriginal "hobby/business" and had had 2 previous HDs that didn't work out long term).

I WAS excited to come back, lined up more business for my first 30 & 90 days than I had in years, and came back strong. I earned a lot of PC$, which was NICE, and also spurred me on to do more. I now have duplicates of kit items, so I can leave one set home & pack one set. Or use some as door prizes.

BUT, here are things that I didn't like about doing it that way-
My PWS address had to change, along with my consultant number.
So cards, stamps, stickers, etc. all had to change. That was a PITA, and an expense I had not considered. And I went back to re-sticker a BUNCH of stuff, too, with current info. That took a LOT of time.

And it honestly still hurts my pride to see my show numbers SO LOW after so many years! LOL (that went back to show #1, too).

Honestly, looking back, it was pure stubborness that made me resign, instead of picking up where I was. For ME, it was motivating to have the "fresh start," and all the incentives of being "new." But looking back, I'm not so sure I'd choose to do it that way again.

Last edited:
I just learned today that they actually have 12 months from the dropped date to re-sign with the $25 fee.

Related to Should I Stay Active - Decision Time

1. Should I stay active even if I am not feeling well?

It is always important to listen to your body and prioritize your health. If you are feeling unwell, it may be best to rest and allow your body to recover before engaging in physical activity. However, if you are experiencing minor symptoms and feel up to it, light activity such as stretching or a short walk may actually help improve your symptoms.

2. What are the benefits of staying active?

Staying active has numerous physical and mental health benefits. Regular physical activity can improve cardiovascular health, strengthen muscles and bones, boost immune function, and help manage weight. It can also improve mood, reduce stress and anxiety, and enhance overall well-being.

3. How often should I be active?

The American Heart Association recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity exercise or 75 minutes of vigorous intensity exercise per week for adults. This can be broken down into 30 minutes of moderate exercise, 5 days a week. It is also important to incorporate strength training activities at least 2 days a week.

4. Can I still be active if I have physical limitations or disabilities?

Absolutely. There are many modifications and adaptations that can be made to accommodate physical limitations or disabilities. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional and/or a certified fitness instructor to create a safe and effective exercise plan tailored to your individual needs.

5. How do I stay motivated to stay active?

Finding activities that you enjoy and setting achievable goals can help keep you motivated to stay active. It can also be helpful to have an accountability partner or join a group fitness class to stay motivated and on track. Remember to celebrate your progress and be patient with yourself as building a consistent exercise routine takes time and effort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy