• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Prebake My Strawberry Amaretto Squares for a Family Event?

In summary, The ingredients for Strawberry Amaretto Squares include all-purpose flour, sugar, butter, almond extract, sliced almonds, a can of strawberry pie filling, and amaretto liqueur. You can use any type of fruit pie filling for this recipe, such as peach, cherry, or blueberry. The total prep and cook time is about 1 hour and 15 minutes. The amaretto liqueur can be substituted with almond extract or almond syrup for a non-alcoholic version. Strawberry Amaretto Squares can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for longer storage."
floccies
Is it ok to prebake the squares and just fill them at the show?

How is the taste impacted by prebaking vs fresh from the oven?

How is the texture impacted?

Any negatives at all to prebaking?

I am making them for a show for my family(sister, niece, mother) tomorrow night. I had them at a cluster meeting but have never made them.

We've made these a few times for practice at home. I find that straight out of the oven even with some cooling time makes my cream melt!! Pre-baking might be the way to go so they are completely cooled.

I just tonight doubled the recipe to take to a show. I made them last night, transferred to the cooling rack immediately to cool completely. Then put them in a container with lid to bring to the show. Tonight after I set up before the demo started, I split them all and it was soooo much easier than doing it at the show and having them fall apart even though you allowed plenty of time for them to cool. I've been doing them at the show for 10 shows now and will never go back to that. Making some tomorrow morning for my show tomorrow night!

That is good to know. Thanks.

I'm betting they are not quite as messy that way, either. I seem to get almond pieces all over the place with these!

But, as Mr. Food says .... Oh, they're so good!

I always prebake these.

Absolutely pre-bake! I have found that guests inquire about the pastry, for other uses.. so I usually bring the empty box to show them. It saves sooo much time at the show:)

1. What are the ingredients for Strawberry Amaretto Squares?

The ingredients for Strawberry Amaretto Squares include all-purpose flour, sugar, butter, almond extract, sliced almonds, a can of strawberry pie filling, and amaretto liqueur.

2. Can I use a different type of fruit for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit pie filling for this recipe. Peach, cherry, and blueberry are all popular alternatives to strawberry.

3. How long does it take to make Strawberry Amaretto Squares?

The total prep and cook time for Strawberry Amaretto Squares is about 1 hour and 15 minutes.

4. Can I substitute the amaretto liqueur with something else?

Yes, you can substitute the amaretto liqueur with almond extract or almond syrup for a non-alcoholic version.

5. How should I store Strawberry Amaretto Squares?

Strawberry Amaretto Squares can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen for longer storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• natural
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
natural
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies