• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Add Tastefully Simple to My Business alongside Pampered Chef?

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker considering signing with Tastefully Simple in addition to PC due to a decrease in leads and a desire for discounts. They feel that the two companies would complement each other well, but also express concerns about the physical strain of carrying heavy products for PC. Other participants in the conversation share their opinions, with one person expressing discomfort with the arrangement of selling both companies and another sharing their experience of someone who switched from TS to PC. Ultimately, the speaker is still unsure about their decision but is considering selling TS for the discount and continuing to sell PC as their primary company.
schel
I am thinking of signing with Tastefully Simple in addition to PC. My leads have really thinned out and my database is about tapped out also. I am looking at keeping things basically UTD for discount purposes and the TS would be for discounts also. I also feel that the two compliment each other in a great way. My true love is still PC, but the carrying in of the heavy products and my knees and back with stairs is about killing me also. I recently went to a TS show and all she had to carry is dry goods. I am only on consultant level, so I know that we can do this without any problems. Just wish TS had a great site like here that I could do some serious reading on before I decide to sign.
If anyone has any input feel free to state it here. Also if you have a TS friend with a knowledge of a TS site like Chef Success, let me know.
Thanks!
Schel

I know someone in town who signed with PC after TS. She thought both would compliment well, but found that she can only do one or the other well. She chose TS due to her status and longevity there. She buys PC for cash and carry products at her show. She focuses on the TS because her best friend is a PC director. They share leads with each other and TS lady doesn't want to hurt PC lady. She keeps active basically to help out PC lady. I'm not totally comfortable with the whole arrangement knowing more about it...Do what your heart tells you, but personally, I'm on the PC side to stay. I've looked at hosting a TS show and their HOST stuff SUCKS! PC is the better way to make a good living. No matter what DS company you go with, you still have to work!Leads thinning out and database tapped, means you go looking for some new people in this business, not switching thinking they will suddenly appear. You have to look and advertise yourself.I hope that helps a little.

Personally, in the economic crunch we are in, I cannot seem to justify spending $9 on a bottle of Garlic Garlic. I think their products are overpriced, and seriously once you eat it --- that's it --- gone --- can't use it ever again (without buying more!)

At least with PC you will have the products to use over and over. Esp. for people who are trying to stay home and conserve $$$.

I know...I am not much help, just my opinion!

what janet said.

I know I have to look and advertise myself, but like I said before my knees and back about kill me after lugging things up and down stairs in and out of the house. I can't rely on the host or hosts husband to haul my things in and out. Although some have helped and some have not. Just depends on the show and the people. Some are helping and some are not. Also sometimes things are so heavy I don't want anyone to hurt themselves with lifting my heavy products. I have to agree, their host stuff is not the quality of our SA products. I love the TS products as far as the food part and our part as far as the cooking it part. I hate paying the full price for the TS products though. So that is why I am thinking of double dipping. My true love is PC and that is the show I would prefer to do.
We'll see I guess. Havn't made a definate decision yet.
Schel

vwpamperedchef said:
Personally, in the economic crunch we are in, I cannot seem to justify spending $9 on a bottle of Garlic Garlic. I think their products are overpriced, and seriously once you eat it --- that's it --- gone --- can't use it ever again (without buying more!) That is one of the pluses of their product though people run out and want to buy more;thus a sale.

At least with PC you will have the products to use over and over. Esp. for people who are trying to stay home and conserve $$$.

I know...I am not much help, just my opinion!

I am not saying PC is a no go for me anymore just thinking on selling TS more for the discount. I know I have heard of people signing up to sell PC for our discount also!

janetupnorth said:
I know someone in town who signed with PC after TS. She thought both would compliment well, but found that she can only do one or the other well. She chose TS due to her status and longevity there. She buys PC for cash and carry products at her show. She focuses on the TS because her best friend is a PC director. They share leads with each other and TS lady doesn't want to hurt PC lady. She keeps active basically to help out PC lady.

I'm not totally comfortable with the whole arrangement knowing more about it...

Do what your heart tells you, but personally, I'm on the PC side to stay. I've looked at hosting a TS show and their HOST stuff SUCKS! PC is the better way to make a good living.

No matter what DS company you go with, you still have to work!

Leads thinning out and database tapped, means you go looking for some new people in this business, not switching thinking they will suddenly appear. You have to look and advertise yourself.

I hope that helps a little.

Could you please ask your friend if there is a site like chef success for TS?
If not I understand.
Thanks.
Michelle

schel said:
I know I have to look and advertise myself, but like I said before my knees and back about kill me after lugging things up and down stairs in and out of the house. I can't rely on the host or hosts husband to haul my things in and out. Although some have helped and some have not. Just depends on the show and the people. Some are helping and some are not. Also sometimes things are so heavy I don't want anyone to hurt themselves with lifting my heavy products. I have to agree, their host stuff is not the quality of our SA products. I love the TS products as far as the food part and our part as far as the cooking it part. I hate paying the full price for the TS products though. So that is why I am thinking of double dipping. My true love is PC and that is the show I would prefer to do.
Schel

Couple of suggestions

1. Don't bring everything you own!
2. Choose recipes that don't require heavy products
3. When host coaching, ask for help to get products in and out
4. Do Tool Turn About shows - bring your TTA, a bowl (SS), a SA bowl and make the salsa with the Salad Choppers. Have your host provide potatoes to use with the rest of the products in your TTA

Vanessa's point is so true right now. I broke down and bought about $20 of TS at a recent fair. While the salsa and chips do taste yummy...once we eat them, that's it. I had some buyer's remorse almost immediately. I never felt that way when I was a customer purchasing PC products.

I've cut back on the amount of stuff I take to shows. I now only bring what I need for the show plus my TTA in its tote bag (and anything else I can stuff into it!). I may bring an extra items that's an upcoming special or something I want to highlight. Otherwise, I let the catalog (and the guests naturally cross-selling to each other) do the work. This is making my show prep and recovery much easier.

Great suggestions Kate!

Schel - I'm not trying to knock your looking at all in my post - just pointing out what I know to be true.One other option is to brainstorm creative ideas to have shows WITHOUT lugging all the stuff.As your hosts what they have that is PC on hand and if they have a bar pan, leave yours home. Try to focus on lighter things and lighten the load.Interactive shows are great, but things do sell without them in hand but in the catalog.Pick recipes that don't take as many things or as heavy as things...Someone here might have some more ideas on that.But whatever you choose, choose your focus on one or you will be short-changing yourself and your business as a whole.

schel said:
Could you please ask your friend if there is a site like chef success for TS?
If not I understand.
Thanks.
Michelle

None that I've heard of but I'll ask around again.

Makes you appreciate Greg and Deb a little more huh?!

janetupnorth said:
None that I've heard of but I'll ask around again. Thanks!

Makes you appreciate Greg and Deb a little more huh?!
Yep! already do!
Schel

I love TS and buy a supply monthly from my friend who sells it. If she didn't sell it, I would, but I alos Love PC sooooo much.

Go with what your heart says and what you feel will be best for you.
Good luck :)

Doing more interactive shows might be a good way to go for you... Just a thought. And definitely look at the products you are lugging with you. For the longest time I felt like I had to bring everything I owned and I realized that I was making my job harder than it had to be so I started only taking the products that were required for the recipe and the tools that I could cram into the TTA. Then I would ask the host if there were any specific product(s) that she wanted to see and if there were I would also bring those.

I agree with the ladies who said to cut down on the items you bring to your shows. It may help out alot better without having to sign for another company.

But if you really want to sell TS, go for it, there is nothing holding you back.

I like TS as well, agree some things are overpriced, but have not found a cheaper alternative. I am planning on trading parties with a past hostess of mine who started TS recently. Their hostess rewards are not very good, but I figure anything is better than paying for it myself. Plus, she was a good hostess for me in the past and am trying to fill my summer calendar.

I agree that PC and TS go well together in some ways, but I think you do better if you focus on 1 thing well.... instead of 2 or 3 thing partially.

Also, remember that we cannot sell another product at a Pampered Chef show or booth. When we are representing Pampered Chef we are to be only representing PC.

Not saying that's what you plan to do. Just putting the policy out there.

I have a good friend who sells TS and has a team now of about 17. A $200 show for them is good...this is why she thinks that a $200 show for PC is good and stops there!!!

Personally, I do like some of their things, but I have more in my cupboard still unopened.

I thought also that with TS, you can not sell a competitor's product and TS considers PC a competitor. Not trying to discourage you, but check into all of this before signing anything.

Others have said all that I would say too. I love PC because I can see the value in it. With gas prices climbing at such an enormous rate, people are looking for value.

I too worry about a time when I can not lug on crates, but I intend on doing all that I can to either avoid this or to work through it somehow.

I think why put youe energy into 2 busineses when yo can focus on one

I agree with Ann, I have a friend who does HG and when she has a $250 show she is ecstatic (when i have a $250 I'm disappointed) Her house and clothes reek of the mixes. my kids refuse to go there anymore

schel said:
Schel

Another bad knee woman here...

This has made me pare down my kit dramatically. I can fit it all in my miata and I am good to go. I was finding that I was taking too much, have too big of a display, and no matter what I brought, someone always asked for something that I had left at home.

A director in my cluster has started just taking the kit products with her, and it has dramatically increased bookings and recruit leads.

Just a thought. I haven't gone "kit only" yet, but gone are the days when I would bring the bar pan, the DCB, grill pan, saute pan, SS bowls, etc, etc.

Someone asked if there was a board like this one for TS consultants...my best friend does TS and they have a board called "My family", but I think it is only the ones in her immediate group, I don't know if it's all consultants like this one is.

My friend is disappointed w/ $200 in sales. She is happier when it reaches anywhere over $300, but I feel she has to work ALOT harder, since the most expensive item they have to promote is a $16 cookbook I think.

PamperChefCarol said:
.... I can fit it all in my miata....

A-ha! I so want to get a miata again (I've had four off and on over the years), but DH always comments that it'd be too small for shows. Thanks for the ammo. :D

Okay...back to our regularly scheduled thread...

I can tell you from personal experience to "pick one". You can try it out and for the first few months might seem like doing both is great, but pretty soon, you will have to devote more time and energy into one b/c you won't be able to strech yourself out into both as your best.
I started selling products for another DS company this past fall. I am now only doing the bare minimum and that is it w/ that one. I love their products (home decor) but really...PC is SO much better for sales and bookings and everything else. I do currently have 1 home party and 1 book show for the other company, but these are the first "shows" I have had since November.
I have found that I don't have enough time in the day/week/month/year to do both at the best of my ability. I focus on PC b/c that is my first "love".
Just my opinion. Hope it helps!
(I don't want to name the company b/c I don't want to get into trouble)

What is "Thinking of Double Dipping..."?

"Thinking of Double Dipping..." is a cooking class offered by Pampered Chef that teaches how to make delicious dips and spreads for parties and gatherings.

Do I need any special cooking skills to attend this class?

No, this class is designed for all skill levels. Our consultants will guide you through each step and provide helpful tips along the way.

What ingredients will I need for the dips and spreads?

The ingredients needed for the class will be listed on our website or provided by your consultant. They will typically include common items found in most kitchens, such as cream cheese, herbs, and vegetables.

Do I need to purchase any Pampered Chef products to attend this class?

No, our consultants will provide alternative options for any Pampered Chef products used in the recipes. However, if you are interested in purchasing any products, your consultant will be happy to assist you.

Can I host a "Thinking of Double Dipping..." party with my friends?

Yes, you can host a party and invite your friends to join in on the fun! Your consultant will bring all the necessary ingredients and equipment for the class, making it a convenient and enjoyable experience for you and your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• otisbg
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
otisbg
Replies
Views
milkangel
  • ivykeep
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies