• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shop Tax Free Weekend for School Supplies in TN | August 1-3, 2008

In summary, states are offering tax free weekends for school supplies. This is a great time to get folders, pens, etc. It is happening in Georgia, Iowa, Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Tennessee. Ohio is also doing it.
peachey
Gold Member
For those consultants in TN, or near our borders, we are having tax free weekend for school supplies. The weekend started this morning, 8/1/08, and goes through midnight 8/3/08. This is a great time to get folders, pens, etc.

It is here in Ga too. I wonder if Merrill is doing it.

We are doing that here in Va too!

It's happening in NC this weekend too!

ANyone know about Ohio?
Where can I find the info?

There's no state tax in Louisiana this weekend.

buckeyefan08 said:
ANyone know about Ohio?
Where can I find the info?

I think if it was happening, it would be announced all over the place.

Wish they'd do something like that in MI - but I'm sure Gov. Jenny would never go for it.:rolleyes:

It was in USA Weekend this past Sunday. I think that it is happening all over.

jillbean said:
It was in USA Weekend this past Sunday. I think that it is happening all over.

Nope - not here in Michigan!

For all those Florida consultants...

"Unfortunately, the state of Florida will not be offering its usual sales tax free week during 2008. In the past, the sales tax holiday was voted upon in the state legislature, but the measure was not brought up for a vote this year."

Hey Peachy -- we're neighbors! Where in Antioch are you? I'm off of Barnes Road.

J.

Tax free her in Alabama as well

ChefJ, I am off Cane Ridge Road, in Cane Ridge Farms. Officially it is Cane Ridge, but when we moved here two years ago it was still Antioch, and we never changed the City on all our bills.

2008 Sales Tax Free Holidays - Tax Free Week 2008

States That Offer Tax Free Week or Tax Free Weekends:

Alabama
Connecticut
Florida
Georgia
Iowa
Maryland
Missouri
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia
Washington D.C.

Hee hee hee... I'm officially still Antioch, but you can throw a rock from my house to the "Welcome to Cane Ridge" sign, so on my business cards I use Cane Ridge. The post office says you can use either, it doesn't matter since it's all the same zip code.

You are not very far from me at all!

Nice to meet you!

Related to Shop Tax Free Weekend for School Supplies in TN | August 1-3, 2008

1. What is the "Shop Tax Free Weekend for School Supplies in TN" event?

The "Shop Tax Free Weekend for School Supplies in TN" event is an annual event in Tennessee where shoppers are exempted from paying sales tax on certain school supplies and clothing during the first weekend in August. This is to help families save money on back-to-school shopping.

2. When is the "Shop Tax Free Weekend for School Supplies in TN"?

The "Shop Tax Free Weekend for School Supplies in TN" will take place from August 1-3, 2008. It is always held on the first weekend of August.

3. What items are eligible for tax exemption during the "Shop Tax Free Weekend for School Supplies in TN"?

Eligible items include school supplies such as pens, pencils, notebooks, and backpacks, and clothing items such as shirts, pants, and shoes. The items must be priced at $100 or less per item to qualify for tax exemption.

4. Are there any restrictions or limitations for the tax exemption during the "Shop Tax Free Weekend for School Supplies in TN"?

Yes, there are some restrictions and limitations. The tax exemption only applies to items purchased for personal use, not for business or trade. Additionally, items priced at more than $100 will still be subject to sales tax. Layaway items also do not qualify for tax exemption.

5. Can I shop online and still get the tax exemption during the "Shop Tax Free Weekend for School Supplies in TN"?

Yes, many online retailers participate in the "Shop Tax Free Weekend for School Supplies in TN" event. As long as the items purchased are eligible for tax exemption and are shipped to a Tennessee address, they will be exempt from sales tax.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • jcwarr