• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shipping Cookies to Iraq - Help~

In summary, the conversation discusses ways to package cookies for shipping to troops in Iraq. Some suggestions include using food savers to keep the cookies fresh, using containers to prevent them from getting crushed, and sending the package through Military Postal Service for free. The speakers also mention the possibility of the package arriving after Christmas, but still being appreciated by the recipient. They also warn about the possibility of the package getting lost or damaged during shipping.
jwpamp
How do I package them? Someone told me popcorn, but is that with ziploc bags, or ??? I am so confused!

Thanks!

Shipping cookies - web linkhttp://www.troopcarepackage.com/cookies.html

My mom would put the cookies in a bag and then use her food saver to get the air out (so they stay fresh longer) then put the bag in a container so they won't get crushed.

Janice,

Are you sending them to an individual in Iraq? Or just a general soldier or marine? Talk to the unit that the troops belong to, sometimes they can offer you some great tips and even send them via Military Postal Service for free!!! They aren't going to be there before the 25th, but they will appreciate them nonetheless, I am sure!

They are for my nephew....he was in Korea last Christmas, this is his first year in Iraq.

I sent a package of cookies, hard candy and other snacks. The PO I work with all the time (they even order from me!) told me that things have been getting there in 7-10 days, even though they don't need to be there by Christmas, hope they will get there by the New Year!

Thanks for all your help!

My husband is doing his 2nd year in Iraq also. When I send him stuff I have to be careful to pack it securely but not too securely. For cookies, we just put them in the little tupperware type containers you can find at walmart for cheap. The thing is even when you package them with all that cushioning, the receiving people on the other end aren't always gentle with the boxes. And some boxes do (and have) gone astray so that neither of us ever sees them again. And we also had a mail pallet catch on fire over there so that alot of people didn't get their boxes. So don't sweat it, just pack them up and figure there will be some crumbles by the time it reaches Iraq (first the packages go to New York and are handled in mass there) and don't spend a ton on safety measures b/c you never can tell what will happen to them. If nothing else, those pretty little holiday tins at the dollar store work well.

Related to Shipping Cookies to Iraq - Help~

1. How much does it cost to ship cookies to Iraq?

The cost of shipping cookies to Iraq will vary depending on the weight of the package, the shipping method chosen, and any additional fees or taxes. We recommend contacting our customer service team for a specific quote based on your order.

2. Can I ship cookies to a military base in Iraq?

Yes, we can ship cookies to military bases in Iraq. However, there may be additional restrictions and guidelines for shipping to a military address. We suggest contacting the base's postal service for more information.

3. How long will it take for the cookies to arrive in Iraq?

The shipping time for cookies to Iraq will depend on the shipping method selected at checkout. Standard shipping can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks, while expedited shipping can take 1-2 weeks. Keep in mind that international shipping may experience delays due to customs processing.

4. Are there any restrictions on what types of cookies can be shipped to Iraq?

Yes, there may be restrictions on certain types of food items that can be shipped to Iraq. We recommend checking with the Iraqi customs website for a list of prohibited items before placing your order.

5. Can I track my shipment to Iraq?

Yes, you will receive a tracking number once your order has been shipped. You can use this tracking number to monitor the status of your shipment and see when it will arrive in Iraq.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • minersmix
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies