• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Did My Show Ship via US Postal Service Instead of FedEx?

In summary, Jennifer's show has been shipped, but it appears that the US Postal Service was the chosen method of shipping.
KimoMakano
Gold Member
I just submitted a show this week and it is now showing that it has been shipped, but by the US Postal Service.

What happened? I thought all show orders were shipped by FedEx? In Hawaii my customers pay 15% plus $2 for shipping and expect it to be delivered quickly for that premium.

I called HO and they said that it looked like the warehouse made the decision to choose this option vs FedEx. I have never heard of this before. Is this standard procedure?

Thanks.

There have been some strange things going on in the warehouse this week......I know that sometimes, replacement part orders and smaller individual orders have been delivered DHL via USPS, but I've never heard of it for a whole show.

Yeah, I have had other things shipped by USPS but never a show order. And it was a large enough show to warrant FedEx (in my opinion). It was as large or larger that previous shows.

I wonder if the gas crunch has caused them to evaluate the method of shipment? If so I think it would be nice to know ahead of time. I am expecting a call back from a supervisor with the reasoning.

I had one online order that has a UPS Tracking link that cannot be found and a FedEx link that shows it has been delivered.

I have a supply order and an adjustment that left the wearhouse on the same day. One is out for delivery today and the other is due Friday.

Very strange things going on!

I would believe this is due to you being in Hawaii and circumstances with that.On Jennifer's stuff...different types of orders ship from different areas of the warehouse and by different methods. HO will choose which they feel is the best. Most things go by FedEx Ground.Replacement parts usually always go USPS.

Also, on this show, how do you know it won't arrive quickly? USPS Priority will be guaranteed to be quicker than FedEx "Ground" service to you.

janetupnorth said:
Replacement parts usually always go USPS.

It was UPS not postal.

Maybe a dumb question, but does FedEx have service in the area? I live in Alaska and have had catalog shows in rural parts of the state and everything goes USPS. Just a thought.

Not a dumb question Jill. Yes we have FedEx.
I finally called HO abain last night and it seems like a PO Box got entered as the destination for the host so they had no option but to ship USPS since FedEx will not ship to PO Boxes (don't want to get into why a PO Box was added).

The lady I spoke with was very, very nice and took the initiative to have the order resent to my address via FedEx. She did this without me even asking, wow!!

She also said the USPS shipment could take two weeks and when it comes I just need to contact them for a return postage voucher.

Very nice!!

KimoMakano said:
Not a dumb question Jill. Yes we have FedEx.
I finally called HO abain last night and it seems like a PO Box got entered as the destination for the host so they had no option but to ship USPS since FedEx will not ship to PO Boxes (don't want to get into why a PO Box was added).

The lady I spoke with was very, very nice and took the initiative to have the order resent to my address via FedEx. She did this without me even asking, wow!!

She also said the USPS shipment could take two weeks and when it comes I just need to contact them for a return postage voucher.

Very nice!!

Now that is service to reship it all!

What are the shipping rates for orders sent by US Postal Service?

The shipping rates for orders sent by US Postal Service through Pampered Chef will vary depending on the weight and destination of the package. The rates start at $6.50 for packages under 1 pound and increase by $1 for each additional pound. You can also choose expedited shipping options for an additional fee.

Can I track my package sent through US Postal Service?

Yes, you can track your package sent by US Postal Service through the tracking number provided in your order confirmation email. Simply enter the tracking number on the USPS website to get real-time updates on the status of your package.

How long does it take for a package to be delivered by US Postal Service?

The delivery time for packages sent through US Postal Service can vary depending on the destination and shipping method chosen. On average, packages are delivered within 2-5 business days within the US. International packages can take longer to be delivered.

What happens if my package sent by US Postal Service is lost or damaged?

If your package sent by US Postal Service is lost or damaged, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We will work with USPS to resolve the issue and ensure that you receive your order in a timely manner.

Can I request a specific delivery date for my package sent by US Postal Service?

Unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee a specific delivery date for packages sent by US Postal Service. Once the package is in the hands of USPS, the delivery time is out of our control. We recommend choosing an expedited shipping option if you need your package by a certain date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefinHarmony
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Kay Alderfer
  • Jules711
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • JCBurk