• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Sharpen My Dull Apple Wedger?

In summary, to sharpen the Apple Wedger, clean it thoroughly, secure it on a flat surface, choose a sharpening tool, sharpen the blades at a 20-degree angle, test the sharpness, repeat if necessary, and clean and store it properly. It is important to be cautious and handle the wedger with care while sharpening.
sarah824
Gold Member
Anyone know the best way to sharpen the Apple Wedger? I have a past host who has had hers for years and it is pretty dull. Can these be sharpened and if so, what do you use? Thanks in advance for any help.

I've never seen anything. I would think it would be quite difficult to do. I'd rather spend the $12 and buy a new one- she already knows she gets her moneys worth. ($12 divided by however many years she owned it?) Plus- the current wedger comes with a cover. I've had mine for years and it didn't have a cover (got mine on a replacement order though).

The Apple Wedger can be sharpened using a knife sharpener or a sharpening stone. Here are the steps to follow:1. Clean the Apple Wedger: Before sharpening, make sure to clean the Apple Wedger thoroughly with soap and water to remove any debris or food residue.2. Secure the Wedger: Place the Apple Wedger on a flat surface and hold it firmly in place with one hand. This will prevent it from slipping while sharpening.3. Choose a Sharpening Tool: You can use a knife sharpener or a sharpening stone to sharpen the Apple Wedger. Both of these tools work well, so choose the one you are most comfortable with.4. Sharpen the Blades: Hold the sharpening tool at a 20-degree angle and run it along the edge of each blade of the Apple Wedger. Make sure to apply light pressure and move the sharpener in a smooth motion. Repeat this process for each blade.5. Test the Sharpness: After sharpening, test the sharpness of the blades by slicing through an apple. If the wedges are coming out clean and without any effort, then the blades are sharp.6. Repeat if Necessary: If the blades are still not sharp enough, repeat the sharpening process until you achieve the desired sharpness.7. Clean and Store: After sharpening, clean the Apple Wedger again and dry it thoroughly. Store it in a safe place to prevent any accidents.Note: It is important to be careful while sharpening the Apple Wedger as the blades are very sharp. Make sure to wear protective gloves and handle the wedger with care.

1. How often should I sharpen my Apple Wedger?

We recommend sharpening your Apple Wedger after every 10-15 uses. This will ensure that it continues to slice through apples with ease and precision.

2. Can I use a regular knife sharpener on my Apple Wedger?

No, we do not recommend using a regular knife sharpener on your Apple Wedger. It is designed to be sharpened with our specially designed Apple Wedger Sharpener for best results.

3. How do I know when it's time to sharpen my Apple Wedger?

If you notice that your Apple Wedger is struggling to pierce through the skin of the apple or is producing uneven slices, it is probably time to sharpen it. You can also check for any visible dullness on the blades.

4. Can I sharpen the Apple Wedger myself or do I need to send it in for professional sharpening?

You can easily sharpen your Apple Wedger yourself with our Apple Wedger Sharpener. It is designed for easy at-home sharpening and will save you time and money compared to sending it in for professional sharpening.

5. How long does the sharpening process take?

The sharpening process typically takes less than 5 minutes. Simply follow the instructions included with the Apple Wedger Sharpener for quick and efficient sharpening.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ibusse13
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
kam
  • pamperedtiffani
  • Products and Tips
Replies