• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharpening an Old Can Opener: Advice & Tips

In summary, it is recommended to sharpen your old can opener at least every 6 months to maintain its effectiveness. You can sharpen it yourself using a sharpening stone or a handheld knife sharpener, but be sure to follow the instructions carefully. It is not safe to use a rusty can opener as rust can contaminate your food. Signs that your can opener needs to be sharpened include struggling to open cans or leaving jagged edges. The best way to sharpen it is with a sharpening stone or handheld knife sharpener, and be sure to test the sharpness on a can before using it on food.
beepampered
Can you sharpen the can opener? Guest has one that's about ten years old that isn't working anymore. She would rather sharpen than buy another one. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Nope--give her a new one free when she hosts a show!

There isn't a blade to sharpen. Ours unseals the can, doesn't cut it. The wheel maybe worn. I would suggest that she has had 10 good years with hers and maybe it is just time for a new one. LOL. I mean 10 yrs!

Nope--give her a new one free when she hosts a show!

Wouldnt hurt to try, especially if she doesn't want to buy it, surely she'll earn $20 in free product or offer to buy it yourself (with her discount) if she hosts.

There isn't a blade to sharpen. Ours unseals the can, doesn't cut it. The wheel maybe worn. I would suggest that she has had 10 good years with hers and maybe it is just time for a new one. LOL. I mean 10 yrs!

She has had 10 yrs, and she probably didnt pay $20 for it, I think thats a good deal for all those years. A little over a dollar a year.

Deb: Thanks for suggesting to give her one when she hosts a show. I did my out of box calls for that show and talked to her. She's not booking now but she agreed to consider it in the fall. I don't do well asking for bookings on my customer care calls so that was a natural way to bring it up....

1. How often should I sharpen my old can opener?

It is recommended to sharpen your old can opener at least every 6 months to maintain its sharpness and effectiveness.

2. Can I sharpen my old can opener myself?

Yes, you can sharpen your old can opener yourself using a simple sharpening stone or a handheld knife sharpener. Just make sure to follow the instructions carefully.

3. Can I use a rusty can opener?

No, it is not safe to use a rusty can opener. Rust can contaminate your food and cause health hazards. It is important to replace your can opener if it starts to rust.

4. How do I know when my can opener needs to be sharpened?

If you notice that your can opener is struggling to open cans or is leaving jagged edges, it is a sign that it needs to be sharpened.

5. What is the best way to sharpen my old can opener?

The best way to sharpen your old can opener is to use a sharpening stone or a handheld knife sharpener. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully and test the sharpness on a can before using it on food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lmklipfel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Mitzyz
Replies
Views
Jasmine
  • sarahsworld2000
  • Products and Tips
Replies