• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can the Can Opener Be Sharpened?

In summary, the customer's can opener is getting dull and she has tried rubbing alcohol and straightening it, but it still does not work.
pc_momof3
I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know the answer to this question. You'd think after 8 years, I should know, but I don't. Is there a way to sharpen the can opener? I've wondered that myself, but never bothered to find out the answer --- not I have a customer wondering. Thanks!:confused:

No & If the customer is complaining that theirs is dull, tell them call HO & get a product Adjustment. I've had mine for about 5 years & have no problem. HTH

Mine is also getting dull, and I have had a for a few years. Just like all other's after time you just need to replace.

Not sure if this is true or not, but a guest mentioned that using rubbing alcohol with a q-tip around the "wheels" brings it back to life. She stated that the glue gunk builds up over time. HTH

Mine is at least 12 years old! Probably closer to 15 years old. I was just recently mentioning at a show that it's time to buy a new one. One of the guests brought it to my attention that the cylinder section was sitting crooked. I straightened it & it works better now! :D Is yours crooked too?

Does she actually own our can opener? I've had my forever and it still works perfectly fine. It doesn't build up gunk....not like the 'traditional' can openers (that just is gross when you think about it now! No one ever thinks to wash those can openers that get into the actual food or the top of the lids that fall in...:eek:)

Yes she owned one....she was referring to the gunk from the glue that keeps the lid and can together, and not the food. Isn't that the trick to our can opener? It separates the lid from the can? I've only have had mine for about 6 months.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Yes she owned one....she was referring to the gunk from the glue that keeps the lid and can together, and not the food. Isn't that the trick to our can opener? It separates the lid from the can? I've only have had mine for about 6 months.

yes- I think so...not sure about the "technicals". Interesting..I don't THINK mine has built up gunk, but I've still not had any issues with it getting 'dull'.

Given how LONG i've had it, even if it did, it would be worth it for me to purchase another one. I got my money's worth.

Yep and you can not sharpen something that does not have a blade!

My BFF got one from me in April 08, returned it in October and just sent THAT ONE back in this week. She said, half jokingly, that she ought to bill them for the shipping!I tried the rubbing alcohol on it first, but no dice. She said it has mangled several cans since.I don't use mine quite as often ... it came in the spree last summer and I am the only one in my house who uses it. It's seeming to get a bit dull now.

1. Can the Can Opener Be Sharpened?

Yes, the Pampered Chef can opener can be sharpened. Over time, the blade of the can opener may become dull from use. Sharpening the blade will help it to cut more smoothly and efficiently.

2. How often does the Can Opener need to be sharpened?

The frequency of sharpening will depend on how often and how much the can opener is used. However, it is recommended to sharpen the blade every 6-12 months to maintain its sharpness.

3. What is the best way to sharpen the Can Opener?

The best way to sharpen the can opener is by using a can opener sharpener or a honing steel. Simply run the sharpener or steel along the blade of the can opener in a back and forth motion to sharpen the blade.

4. Can I sharpen the Can Opener myself or do I need to take it to a professional?

You can sharpen the can opener yourself with the use of a can opener sharpener or honing steel. However, if you are not comfortable doing it yourself, you can also take it to a professional knife sharpener.

5. Is there a specific type of sharpener I should use for the Can Opener?

Yes, it is recommended to use a can opener sharpener or a honing steel specifically designed for sharpening can openers. This will ensure that the blade is sharpened properly and safely.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lmklipfel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Mitzyz
  • sarahsworld2000
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
Replies