• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Severe Storm in Chicago: Trees Down, Power Out, and Chaos Ensues!

In summary, the storm in Chicago was really bad with trees down and power out all over the city. Poor Wave 3!
Cindycooks
Silver Member
Did y'all see the Weather Channel? Really bad storm in Chicago today with trees down and power out all over the city! Poor Wave 3!

I just talked to a friend who is out there for conference and she said it was beautiful and has a real nice breeze.

Good that is good to know - the storm must have been in another area of the city. It just looked so bad!

I live in Western Maryland and we had a bad storm also that went through the area. The consultants in my area are set-up at our local county fair this week. I am glad I didn't work tonight, but I did go to see the fireworks - but they canceled them. The consultants that did work said that the booth beside us (a home builder business) had rain coming in on their display. We were okay where we were. The temperture here had been the hottest since 2002 - heat index over 105. Are booth is in a old horse stables that so many years ago in which they restored(not very well though) with the grandstands above the booths. I brought my fan yesterday with me and I was so greatful. I told the consultant that worked today to make sure that they brought their own fans and they didn't, now they wish they did.

I don't think downtown was really hit by the bad part of the storm. Just rain and stuff. Most of the worst part went north of the city. There were some VERY cool lightening storms to it though last night. Today was beautiful...finally!!!!:) No humidity!

pamperedbecky said:
I don't think downtown was really hit by the bad part of the storm. Just rain and stuff. Most of the worst part went north of the city. There were some VERY cool lightening storms to it though last night. Today was beautiful...finally!!!!:) No humidity!

Man, all the humidity must be south of the city. I stepped outside today and could barely breathe. Plus I could almost wring out my clothes from the sweat. And to think, I'm only about 60 miles south of Chicago.

I am in the 'burb's, and my s-i-l, who lives 2 blocks from me has been without power for 30 hours. They came last night to put stuff in our freezer,

Oh well, we're back to another hot and sticky day today like two days ago. Uuuggghhhhhh.:(

I hope everyone makes it home OK!

That storm came from Chicago here to St. Louis and most of the city is without power, including where my hubby works AND there is a gas leak down the street, yikes!!

Those of us who left last night got out okay - though really bumpy!! My Director, and probably many the others who stayed for the event at the Field Museum got stuck. One of the consultants in our TEAM called to say that they were at the airport, but no flights were going out - only 15/hour coming in! Apparently, the lightening is only 5 miles away from the airport.

Now they've gotta get on a flight at 7a tomorrow morning!

oh, the lightening and thunder were terrible last night. And today it's just gross and sticky again. YUCK!

I was shocked to find somewhere more humid than Jersey.

We got stuck in a "car wash"....of a storm as the news reporter said on the radio when we finally made it in a cab!! "It looks like a car wash in downtown Chicago..." :eek: We went out for some last minute shopping and we even brought our PC umbrellas that were our director's gifts...but we looked like we had been in a car wash. My jeans were soaked from my waste down!!! Another friend watching from across the street (inside of course) said it looked like a tital wave heading towards us!!:eek:

We finally got out of Chicago about 2 hours late, I am just glad I didn't choose Midway or we would have been stuck another day! All flights were canceled!:eek: What an end to a great conference!

What a conference!!! So exciting to walk across stage and get my ring! I will definately be adding another diamond next year!!:D

Well...I just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone! I never ran into any cheffers but maybe at Leadership!

Smiles,

My flight was delayed for 5 1/2 hours yesterday, and we had rough weather all the way home. I thought that was bad until I heard that my Direcctor and roomate got stuck in Dallas and won't be home until tonight.

My flight was supposed to leave Chicago at 11:57 am but we finally left at 8:40pm so I didn't get home until 12:30 midnight!

Didn't get that show closed or calls made! And my luck... ended up with a bad tooth so the flight was painful and spend Friday at the dentist.

But I'm back in gear now! Made contacts yesterday and am off to a Wedding Shower now!

So many people had it so much worse than me. I really feel blessed.

:eek: We were delayed coming home due to the weather - there were cancelled flights, major delays, etc. We finally got home at 5am!!

I was scheduled for 1:50PM flight on Thurs. and got out of Midway at 5:10PM. Was home by 9:20PM which was only about 2.5 hr. later than
expected. The wait at Midway was not that bad. Even had lunch at Miller's
Pub which had been right next to the Palmer House, and a great place to have
dinner two of our evenings there.
I had the blessing of rooming with Beth Brigham; had lunch with Rhonda Bigelow and shared the excitement of her Shopping Spree; met Penny Higgins and Jewels7097. I will know in the future, to put a label on the back of my own business card with the www.chefsuccess.com website. I told everyone I talked with about "our community". Hopefully, we will see an increase in the postings from new folks who heard about us at Conference.

Our flight was also delayed leaving Chicago. It was scheduled for 2:10Pm. We did take off at 6:30 PM after many gate and time switchings . We landed at Baltimore at 9:00 pm est and found our luggage was on another flight that was to arrive later. we ended up waiting till 1:00 am for our luggage. Talk about tired consultants when we got home. But over all the trip was great.

Teresa

attended wave 3the bad storms the came through chicago during conference were really bad. however, my roommate and I, from our room, couldn't tell if we were hearing thunder or the el. the next morning i was watching the weather channel and told her, yep, that was thunder!
on wednesday my flight was only delayed about an hour and a half, but i did have to sit in the plane on the runway during that time. i was very glad to get home.

Slept on in gate K2I am still recuperating from my trip home from conference. I had a great time at conference, but that trip was a doozy!!! My flight out was supposed to be at 10:20 am on Thursday. It got cancelled as did 2 others I was confirmed seats on later that day. By 4:00 in the afternoon when I was told there was no way I could get a seat on any flight out until the next day, I couldn't get a hotel room anywhere but back downtown. Since I was supposed to be back at the airport at 6:00am the following morning, I decided to try some stand-bys. The last one I tried for left at midnight. By 10:00 pm, there weren't even any cots left, but I managed to get a couple of airline blankets and pillows and slept on the floor in Gate K2. Oh yeah..... did I mention that as a nursing mom who was trying to get home to baby, and now have firsthand knowledge that repeated pumping in airport bathroom stalls is a blast!!!

I did manage to get on as a stand-by at 8:35 the following morning. I arrived back in Austin roughly 22 hours later than I was supposed to.....but I met some great people and the conference enthusiasm helped me even make some recruiting and booking connections and I'd do it all again!!! :)

Changed Gates Twice Coming HomeWell After getting to the airport two hours earliy, and then as I am walking into the airport I look up at the monitor and see that my plane is delayed until noon, I thought no big deal I will just got to my gate and work on stuff from confernce right?? Wrong... after sitting their for three hours and wondering what is going on, the plane that was sitting their was still their, and then the lighting started and it started pouring..... OH BOY this is going to be fun!!!! Well then my plane got delayed until 115pm becasue of the storm, then 130, and THEN ready for this... they changed our gates.......... after all was said and done... we left Chicago at 230 in the afternoon...... I got home to Portland four and half hours laters than I was suppsoed to. I slept almost all the way home, and then before I bored the plane I called my future hubby and asked him to come and get me, becasue the person that was suppsoed to pick me up at the airport couldn't becasue my plane had been delayed he drove two hours to come and get me... Talk about true love!!!!! My daughter didn't let me out of her sight for three days!!!! But I slept until 3pm the next day I was so flipping tired from all the travel and the time differnce!!!!

I surrived wave 3 and I will do it again next year!!!!

Related to Severe Storm in Chicago: Trees Down, Power Out, and Chaos Ensues!

1. How can I stay safe during a severe storm?

It is important to stay inside and away from windows during a severe storm. If possible, seek shelter in a basement or an interior room without windows. Avoid using electrical devices and stay away from any downed power lines.

2. What should I do if a tree falls on my property during the storm?

If a tree falls on your property, it is best to stay away from it and wait for a professional tree removal service to handle it. Do not attempt to remove the tree yourself, as it can be dangerous.

3. How long can I expect to be without power during a severe storm?

The duration of a power outage during a severe storm can vary. It is best to be prepared for at least 24 hours without power. Make sure to have non-perishable food, flashlights, and a battery-powered radio on hand.

4. Will my Pampered Chef order be affected by the storm?

It is possible that there may be delays in shipping and delivery due to the severe storm. Our team is working to minimize any disruptions, but please be patient as we navigate the situation.

5. How can I cook without power during the storm?

If you are without power during the storm, you can use alternative cooking methods such as a gas grill or a camp stove. Make sure to use these methods outside and in a well-ventilated area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ginamkiely
  • rennea
  • General Chat
Replies