• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Setting Up at Flea Markets: Advice Needed!

In summary, it is difficult to sell PC products at flea markets because people expect very inexpensive items and are not willing to pay the high prices. If you are setting up a table at a flea market, make sure to include a door prize slip in your advertising so that people know what they can win if they choose to buy something from you.
tiffanypc05
For those of y'all that have set up at flea markets, did you have product on hand to sell or did they have to order? I'm interested in setting up at flea markets on weekends when i don't have shows booked and we have tons around where i live. if anyone has any advice on this please let me know!

I've only done one flea market and one of my recruits did a separate flea market and both of us had a very difficult time. People come to flea markets expecting very inexpensive items/good deals and they balked at how much PC products cost! I only sold about $60 worth of products for the 8 hours I was there and I only got 3 leads for bookings (none worked out!). I got the leads by doing a raffle for several extra products I had, but most people didn't even want to give me their information! So my inclination is NOT to set up tables at any more flea markets...

One other thing...the handful of people I came across who were familiar with PC wanted the products immediately as well. Cash and carry is difficult, because you can never guess what people want that day!

I used to do the flea market here every month. I mainly did booking and recruiting. Whenever someone did want to place an order I paid the shipping for them. I did that one month and sold close to $200 worth of stuff. Think it depends on what type of flea market it is (this one was more of a craft show) and what you offer them.

I have never done a flea market, but I did set up a table at a garage sale and got a bed reception. People were interested, but only because they thought I was selling at garage sale prices. I said all the right things like they could get it free with hosting a show blah, blah, blah, and people were almost offended that I would even be talking about PC at MY OWN GARAGE SALE!!!!

monica_sweetconsultant said:
I used to do the flea market here every month. I mainly did booking and recruiting. Whenever someone did want to place an order I paid the shipping for them. I did that one month and sold close to $200 worth of stuff. Think it depends on what type of flea market it is (this one was more of a craft show) and what you offer them.

That's true. Mine was not a craft show, it was more of a huge garage sale. So people were looking for things at really cheap prices! One woman offered to take my whole tool turnabout stuffed with tools for a couple dollars!:eek:

Well there are a few flea markets around here that are mainly all new stuff...I know there's an avon lady and a mary kay lady that is always there. Our county is a huge tourist area(Myrtle beach,Sc) and there are flea markets that are open everyday so I'm thinking of maybe setting up for a week and seeing how it goes...

tiffanypc05 said:
For those of y'all that have set up at flea markets, did you have product on hand to sell or did they have to order? I'm interested in setting up at flea markets on weekends when i don't have shows booked and we have tons around where i live. if anyone has any advice on this please let me know!
Whenever I do an expo of any kind I do a door prize slip--it asks for name --phone and e-mail--also if they would like to do an in home or catalog show--yes no maybe---your door prize could be a $25 gift certificate only to be redeemed by you--that can be mailed-even if they say no about a show you may have their e-mail to send them info and specials--and if they are traveling you may have customers coast to coast!!!!!
I've found great G.C.'s on this site-- I use all the time

the only way to get their info is thru door prize slips i find--otherwise we pass out so much stuff and can't follow up --they may lose or throw away---I always give out a recipe card with all my info and website--they usually won't throw a way a good one

just some input--hope it gives u some ideas

I saw a door prize slip that had interest rated 0-10 instead of yes, no or maybe. Then if anyone chooses anything other than 0, there is some interest! That would be great for a flea market where you don't spend very long talking to each person to judge their interest.

1. How do I choose the right flea market to set up at?

When selecting a flea market, it's important to consider factors such as location, target audience, vendor fees, and the market's reputation. Research different flea markets in your area and visit them to get a sense of the crowd and types of products being sold. You can also ask other vendors for recommendations.

2. What items should I bring to sell at a flea market?

It's best to bring a variety of products that appeal to a wide range of customers. Popular items at flea markets include handmade crafts, vintage items, and household goods. Make sure to also have enough inventory to restock throughout the day.

3. How should I price my products at a flea market?

Pricing can be tricky at flea markets, as you want to make a profit but also stay competitive. It's a good idea to research the prices of similar products online or at other markets. You can also offer special deals or discounts for multiple purchases to attract customers.

4. What can I do to make my booth stand out?

Having a visually appealing booth can attract more customers. Consider using colorful tablecloths, signage, and creative displays to showcase your products. You can also offer samples or demonstrations to engage with potential customers.

5. How do I handle transactions at a flea market?

It's important to have a secure and organized way to handle transactions at a flea market. You can use a cash box or a mobile payment system like Square. It's also helpful to have a record of your sales for tax purposes, so consider using a sales tracking app or keeping a log.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • jessica.rene09