• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Flea Market ... Yes, No, Maybe So?

In summary, the flea market in the area where the author lives is dirt cheap and the target audience is likely not interested in buying things.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
There is a flea market in the area where I live ... booths are dirt cheap.

I was toying with the idea of setting a booth up just to gain contacts and talk to people.

Do these work if you're not selling anything people can take home with them?

I don't have much experience so this may not be the best advice, but I've been thinking about just wearing logo wear and exploring the flea market myself. Make sure to have your calendar and some catalogs with you. I think if people are interested they will see the name and ask you about it.
Generally people at flea markets are looking to buy something and want it cheap at that, so I don't know how effective a booth would be. But, if it's super cheap, you might want to give that a try too.

I dont really think it would work. At our flea market, people are looking for bargins. We went recently, and we always sell at least $100 worth of stuff. I put a stack of old cattys out and NOT ONE went! I dont really think it is the right target audience. My DH didnt even want me to put the cattys out--but I did! And he was right! Ahhh!

But good luck to you if you decide to.

I don't know if my answer helps but you should go for it. I'm doing a flea market next Saturday with another consultant. My director does it every year. She had another event this year so she gave it out to us. I know she's had success from it in the past. She did mention to bring cash and carry items which I don't have much of so I'm not sure how that will go. I know we'll do a drawing and at least try to get leads. The cost is not much either. It's $25 for the spot. I'm paying $6.25 for my share since I'm only doing half day. I was supposed to have a show in afternoon. If it's cheap enough and you think it may benefit you I'd say try. You never know where you're next lead may come from.

I would say that you would want to make sure that you have cash and carry. A lot of the people there may come from farther away or just be passing by. While you could offer them direct shipping, or looking through the catalog I know that people love it more when they can walk away with their items.
My town has a festival every year that quite a few Direct Sales people go to. But I don't know as if they do very well w/o cash and carry. I haven't ever set up at the festival b/c I always have something else to do and really don't ever know about the weather.
Best of luck to you, let us know how it turns out!!

I have done flea markets, with mixed success. You likely won't get mass sales. But, there's always a decent chance to get bookings. And if you get even 1 booking -- you'll more than make your money back.I never do cash & carry. PC doesn't like us to carry inventory, for obvious reasons. Plus, there is no way to know what people will be looking for.Be prepared to explain (over & over again) that you are taking orders -- not selling what you have. A binder with the bridal & fundraiser flyers, along with theme show ideas would be a good thing to take along as well.Good luck & go for it :)

I did do a flea market when I was in the Santa Cruz area. I had some of my stuff set out for people to see and some people were shocked that it was "so much!" But that is because they are there hoping to find something like our batter bowl for $0.25. :) Those people couldn't seem to understand that it was full price with a full guarantee and such (wrong audience).

Others, however, were so excited to see Pampered Chef and wanted to book parties. I wouldn't expect to sell much, though I did sell a few scrapers, measuring spoons, and other items under $15. The Seasons Best Cookbooks were very popular! I also got a recruit lead - so that in itself was worth it! I'd do again with a bigger selection of small items under $15

I dont know how the folks are over there, and their idea of what to get at a Flea market. Here, if I were to do that, Im sure most of the people would have their eyes pop out of their head when they saw the prices, when they were coming originally to look for things that would cost them just a few bucks, at most

But if we DO sell Cash and Carry, it needs to be sold for what it's sold in the catalog, right?I'm thinking maybe I should stock up on Cash and Carry for the summer anyway ... all stuff I can get on a supply order and use as door prizes. Paring knives, mini-whippers, Season's Best, stuff like that.

I say you should try it. If it doesn't work at least you didn't spend to much and it was only day lost. If it works, then great for you. It couldn't hurt to try.

My Ex Director, stated we ARE NOT ALLOWED to Cash and Carry. It is against company policy. I think I have stated this before and others have argue with me.

There is reference in the policies to placing an order for fairs, so cash and carry is allowed. There is no other reference to it in the policies document. From page 11:
Although it is not required, you may choose to carry a small amount of inventory occasionally when exhibiting at a fair or for other special purposes. Personal inventory orders must be placed separately from any other order, via paper only.​

We are going to do it. Recruiter and I are doing Friday and I am going to see if a clustermate wants to join me on Saturday.My brother says the rules are different from the web site ... he just plunked down a crazy amount of money to get two spaces for the whole month ... it's about $60 for my share and he is going to expand into my space on Thursday and for the rest of the weekend.Both of us got a very conservative amount of cash and carry, reasoning that if we don't sell it we can give the items away at door prizes at our shows. My brother has offered to "sell your stuff for you" on the day I'm not there ... an offer I will decline. However ... I may put up a card table and set up a few catalogs, business cards and maybe a sign up sheet for pink stuff and/or raffle tickets.

Best of luck!!

Let us know how it goes.

my recruiter and I were thinking about doing a cash n' carry type of event this next month. I was unsure about the PC policy so I called HO. She told me that it was okay but customers had to understand there was no guarantee transfer. I believe we will be doing outlet items only.

Maybe do a drawing for a "Free Cooking Show" or for an item you currently have on hand? That way, even if you don't sell a lot at the event, you have quite a few leads at the end of your day.

Well, at our last fair we did separate drawings for baskets ... and it was a huge pain getting them to the recipient. So we are going to do one "free cooking show" drawing instead.

1. What is "Flea Market ... Yes, No, Maybe So?"

"Flea Market ... Yes, No, Maybe So?" is a fun and interactive game that Pampered Chef consultants often play at vendor events, trade shows, and flea markets. It is a great way to engage with customers and showcase our products.

2. How do you play "Flea Market ... Yes, No, Maybe So?"

To play "Flea Market ... Yes, No, Maybe So?", the consultant will have a board with different product categories and corresponding numbers. The customer will roll a dice to determine which category to focus on and then choose a number. The consultant will reveal the corresponding product and share its features and benefits.

3. Can anyone play "Flea Market ... Yes, No, Maybe So?"

Yes, anyone can play "Flea Market ... Yes, No, Maybe So?"! It is a fun and interactive game for all ages. It is a great way to introduce new customers to our products and engage with them in a lighthearted manner.

4. Is there a prize for playing "Flea Market ... Yes, No, Maybe So?"

Some consultants may choose to offer a small prize for playing "Flea Market ... Yes, No, Maybe So?" as an incentive for customers to participate. However, the main goal of the game is to showcase our products and educate customers about their features and benefits.

5. Can I purchase products directly from playing "Flea Market ... Yes, No, Maybe So?"

Yes, you can purchase products directly from playing "Flea Market ... Yes, No, Maybe So?" If you see a product that you are interested in, the consultant can assist you with placing an order and getting it shipped directly to your home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessica.rene09
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
raebates
  • monica_sweetconsultant
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
monica_sweetconsultant
  • tiffanypc05