• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can We Support Older Job Seekers Facing Uncertainty?

In summary, Jennifer's dad lost his job and is down. He does feel like something good is bound to come from this, but it's still really hard for him. He's 60 years old and doesn't think anyone is going to hire him. Jennifer's dad went to Manpower and found a job there as a temp to hire. He will make less money than he was expecting, but the people he will be working for are actually going to appreciate him.
iteachurkid
Silver Member
Hey everyone! If you could keep my dad in your prayers, I'd really appreciate it. He lost his job yesterday and is pretty down. He does feel like something good is bound to come from this, but it's still really hard for him. He's 60 years old and doesn't think anyone is going to hire him (which I don't think is true...he has over 30 years of managerial experience). Just say a prayer that this journey our family is embarking on will be a short one with a happy ending. Thanks in advance!

Oh your poor dad!! Good luck to him, with all that experience I'm sure he will find another job soon.

That does suck....wishing GOOD LUCK to finding a new job ~ who knows....it may be a BETTER one!

praying for employment soon.

Prayers coming his way!

Sending lots of prayers for your dad's *new* job!

I'll keep him in prayer. I'd also like to give him a bit of advice--go to your local Manpower office.I'm a temp with Manpower; have been for the past 4 years. Now, I'm a temp because that's what I love to do. However, most of their orders are for temp to hire or direct hire. That means that either they work through Manpower for a stated length of time, then, if they have good attendance and good reviews, they are hired. Or, in the case of direct hire, Manpower takes care of all the reference checks, testing, and such, and the person is immediately hired by the company.I promise you his age won't be an issue with Manpower. I'm currently filling in in the office, and we've placed several seasoned citizens in good positions in the month or so I've been there.

Last edited:
Thanks so much to everyone for your thoughts and prayers! My dad is looking at several options, hoping one of them comes through. Thanks again!

Keep us posted, Jennifer! Raebates posted a very good idea, so if one of those options does not pan out- well Manpower might just work out! :)
I'll keep your family in my prayers! :)

Our prayers have been answered! My dad just called me and less than a week after being let go he has a job. He is so excited. It will be half the drive and the paycut will be less than 8000 (he was expecting at least 20000). The best part, I think the people he will be working for will actually appreciate him. This whole thing could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Thank you all so much for all of your thoughts and prayers they are so much appreciated!!!

:)
Jennifer

Oh Jennifer - that is wonderful news - So happy for your dad!!

That is SO cool! Thanks for the update!!!!!!!!! Thanks God!

iteachurkid said:
Our prayers have been answered! My dad just called me and less than a week after being let go he has a job. He is so excited. It will be half the drive and the paycut will be less than 8000 (he was expecting at least 20000). The best part, I think the people he will be working for will actually appreciate him. This whole thing could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Thank you all so much for all of your thoughts and prayers they are so much appreciated!!!

Jennifer
Things like this usually are. Glad to hear everything is working out! We'll keep him in prayer to make sure everything stays good. :) Keep us updated.

Awesome news for him! The time savings and gas savings will start to make up that $8K cut in no time!!!!

Great news!!

Wonderful! Glad to hear the good news.

iteachurkid said:

Jennifer

PRaise the Lord! I am so happy for him and for you! Heck- he'll end up breaking even just from all the gas he'll be saving- so that $8000.00 pay cut won't seem so bad.

That's awesome! I missed your original post, but I hate that older people fear looking for another job because of their age. I'm so glad your dad had a happy ending!

What does it mean to send prayers for someone?

Sending prayers for someone means that you are asking for blessings, comfort, and strength on their behalf. It is a way to show support and care for someone who may be going through a difficult time.

How can I support my dad during his job loss?

There are many ways you can support your dad during his job loss. You can offer emotional support by listening to him, encouraging him, and reminding him of his strengths. You can also offer practical support by helping him update his resume, networking with your own connections, and assisting with job applications.

What is the importance of optimism for the future?

Optimism for the future is important because it helps us remain positive and resilient in the face of challenges. It allows us to see potential opportunities and solutions, and helps us maintain a hopeful outlook on life.

Can sending prayers really make a difference?

While the impact of prayers may vary for each individual, it can offer comfort and strength during difficult times. It also serves as a reminder that we are not alone and that there are people who care for us and are rooting for us.

How can I show my dad that I am thinking of him and sending prayers?

There are various ways to show your dad that you are thinking of him and sending prayers. You can send a heartfelt card or note, reach out with a phone call or a text message, or even offer to spend quality time with him. You can also involve other family members or friends to join in sending prayers for your dad's well-being.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Yakmama
  • PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies