• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling Pretzel Wreaths and Crunch Bark: Tips and Pricing for Booth Sales

I suggest checking with your local health department to be sure that selling food is allowed before going ahead.Thank you SO much for this information! It is perfect for me!
lmklipfel
what are everyone's thoughts on selling pretzel wreaths or the crunch bark at a booth? Should I? What should I charge? I am going to sell the Season's Best cookbooks for $1 so I will already have a money bag and will be taking orders hopefully. Let me know what you think.

Selling food may be regulated by the health department in your area. I'd be very nervous about it, in case someone got sick and blamed me.

chefann said:
Selling food may be regulated by the health department in your area. I'd be very nervous about it, in case someone got sick and blamed me.

I never would have thought of that!! Good point Ann! Maybe sell little sets, like the dip sets & a bamboo small spoon. Other little items would be good too!! Paring knives, mini spatulas, things like that! Good Luck!:D

Selling products and offering a sample of food is one thing, but I think federal law requires a nutritional label on all food items sold. Also, when dealing with food allergies you have to be really careful too - many are air born so if the pretzels are made in a facility that also process nuts, milk, etc an unsuspecting allergic person could become ill.

Sarah at my booth today, I did not sell the wreaths but I did have some made up for display. I put plain pretzels in the first section of the coating trays, choc chips in the middle sections and two or three made up wreaths in the last section. I put one wreath (the prettiest one!) in a small square (copied from the mini-catalog) with a tag tied to it that said "For Santa". I had the caramel sprinkles next to the tray for everyone to smell. Everyone commented on the display and the funniest part was seeing people trying to pick up the plain pretzels with the coating tool. (which was hard obviously but gave me a chance to explain the product). I really did not have it there for anyone to eat but a few people did pick up some pretzels or the chips with their fingers anyway - no harm done. Mainly people just loved the wreaths and wanted to know how I did them. They were curious! I gave out lots of mini-catalogs with the directions in them and sold 7 sets of the coating trays! This was a great non-cooking demo! WooHoo!

Last edited:
Cindycooks said:
Sarah at my booth today, I did not sell the wreaths but I did have some made up for display. I put plain pretzels in the first section of the coating trays, choc chips in the middle sections and two or three made up wreaths in the last section. I put one wreath (the prettiest one!) in a small square (copied from the mini-catalog) with a tag tied to it that said "For Santa". I had the caramel sprinkles next to the tray for everyone to smell. Everyone commented on the display and the funniest part was seeing people trying to pick up the plain pretzels with the coating tool. (which was hard obviously but gave me a chance to explain the product). I really did not have it there for anyone to eat but a few people did pick up some pretzels or the chips with their fingers anyway - no harm done. Mainly people just loved the wreaths and wanted to know how I did them. They were curious! I gave out lots of mini-catalogs with the directions in them and sold 7 sets of the coating trays! This was a great non-cooking demo! WooHoo!

Thank you SOO much for posting this information! I'm doing my first school fair 12/1 & had no clue what exactly to do/bring. This is perfect. Out here the coating trays seem to go like hotcakes (I live in an area with lots of Italian families = chicken parm & macaroni for Sunday dinner). It will be nice to physically show them a different use for the trays. :)

As for the original poster...I'd be wary of selling food too due to the possibility of allergy issues. In this day of ridiculous lawsuits, you don't want to take any chances.

missyciccolella said:
Selling products and offering a sample of food is one thing, but I think federal law requires a nutritional label on all food items sold. Also, when dealing with food allergies you have to be really careful too - many are air born so if the pretzels are made in a facility that also process nuts, milk, etc an unsuspecting allergic person could become ill.

That is true, and you also must have a permit from the health department for fairs.

Related to Selling Pretzel Wreaths and Crunch Bark: Tips and Pricing for Booth Sales

What products should I have at my booth?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to have a variety of products at your booth to showcase the wide range of kitchen tools and gadgets we offer. Some popular items to have at your booth include our Mix 'N Chop, Quick Cooker, and Stoneware.

How can I attract customers to my booth?

One of the best ways to attract customers to your booth is by offering samples of our delicious recipes. You can also have a raffle or giveaway for a Pampered Chef product to draw people in. Additionally, having eye-catching displays and engaging with potential customers can make a big difference.

What should I wear when working at a booth?

It's important to dress in a professional and approachable manner when working at a booth. We recommend wearing a Pampered Chef apron and comfortable shoes. You can also add your own personal touch, such as a fun scarf or accessory, to stand out and make a good first impression.

What should I do if someone is interested in hosting a party?

If someone expresses interest in hosting a Pampered Chef party, be sure to get their contact information and follow up with them after the event. You can also offer them a hostess packet with more information on the benefits of hosting a party and how to schedule one with you.

How can I accept payments at my booth?

There are a few different options for accepting payments at your booth. You can use the Pampered Chef mobile app to process credit card payments, have customers pay through your personal website, or accept cash and checks. Be sure to have a secure and organized system for keeping track of payments and orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies
Views
Jules711