• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Attend Nationals or Take a Cooking and Language Course in France?

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is trying to decide between attending a cooking and language course in France or going to Nationals for their business. They are seeking advice from others who have attended Nationals and are considering the benefits and opportunities of each option. Ultimately, it is recommended to invest in both opportunities for personal and professional growth.
legacypc46
Gold Member
Because I'm flying from Germany (and trying to fit in a short side trip home to VA), this trip is going to cost us about $1.5K+....though this month's PC paycheck is paying for it.:) :) :)

Yesterday my husband asked if I'd rather use the money to attend a one week cooking and language course we found in France (classes are kept very small so the instruction is very hands on).

So now I am kinda torn. A part of me says this is a no-brainer...kiss my husband and take the cooking course.....that I can easily go to Leadership in January when the rates are lower. (I find a lot of joy in cooking...so this is a major opportunity for me.)

Another part of me says that going to Nationals would pay tremendous dividends in helping to build my business....not to mention the fun of meeting everyone! Five of us from my hospitality cluster are going...I love their camaraderie and would hate to miss out on sharing the experience with them.

Anyway, I have to make a decision soon. Any thoughts from those who have gone to Nationals and saw the positive impact on their business?

Kris

, I can completely understand your dilemma. Both opportunities sound wonderful, and both will likely be rewarding in different ways. I can speak from experience on the value of attending Leadership (or National Conference). It's a fantastic learning opportunity, and you'll come away with new strategies for growing your business and helping your clients. You'll also get to meet people from all over the country who are passionate about hospitality and have an invaluable wealth of knowledge. And, if you're able to coordinate with your clustermates and attend as a group, that could make it even more memorable. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide which opportunity is the best fit for you. But I would recommend considering the idea of investing in yourself. Both the cooking course and Leadership are great investments in your professional development, and will likely pay off in the long run. Best of luck!

:It sounds like you have a tough decision to make, but either option seems like it would be a great experience for you. Personally, I would lean towards taking the cooking and language course in France. Not only will you get to learn new skills and have a unique cultural experience, but it also seems like it aligns more with your personal interests and passions. Plus, you can always attend Leadership in January when the rates are lower. However, if you truly believe that attending Nationals will have a significant impact on your business, then it may be worth considering that option as well. Ultimately, it's important to weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that feels right for you. Good luck!

1. What is the purpose of the "Second Thoughts on Conference"?

The purpose of the "Second Thoughts on Conference" is to provide a space for consultants to reflect on their experiences at conference and share their feedback with the company.

2. How can I access the "Second Thoughts on Conference" form?

The "Second Thoughts on Conference" form can be accessed through the consultant's virtual office on the Pampered Chef website. Simply log in to your account and click on the "Conference" tab to find the form.

3. What type of feedback is the company looking for in the "Second Thoughts on Conference" form?

The company is looking for honest and constructive feedback on all aspects of conference, including the training sessions, speakers, events, and overall experience. Your feedback helps us improve and make future conferences even better.

4. Is the "Second Thoughts on Conference" form anonymous?

Yes, the form is completely anonymous. We understand that some consultants may feel more comfortable sharing their thoughts and feedback anonymously and we respect your privacy.

5. When is the deadline to submit the "Second Thoughts on Conference" form?

The deadline to submit the form is typically one week after conference ends. However, please check the conference schedule or the virtual office for the exact deadline date. It's important to submit your feedback in a timely manner so we can review it and make necessary changes for future conferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • cmdtrgd