• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Go to National Conference Unless....

In summary, the speaker has been going through a difficult time since their mother passed away, but has re-committed to their business. They are struggling to afford both their son's birthday trip and National Conference, and are looking for ways to increase their income. They propose setting up accountability for making calls and booking shows, and also need help with recruiting. They plan to use the 3-2-1 accountability thread to help them stay on track. Another suggestion is to save the cash from extra parties for conference expenses.
dollfangs
Silver Member
Hi all,
Well, I haven't been around much the last half of the year. Some of you know that my Mom passed away in June and it has really put me in a funk. I have even thought about hanging up my apron several times, but everytime I do, it is like she is sending me a message. I have had calls out of the blue to book shows, met people outside of stores who noticed my PC clothing and have asked among other things. Having said that, I have re-commited to my business, but, I can't afford to go to National Conference this year.

My oldest son is turning 18 in September and I am taking him (and my younger son and my Dad) to St. Louis to see the Cardinals play a 3 game series and can't afford this and NC. The only way I can afford it is to make enough money with PC to pay for it. I already have conference club set up but I need to make enough to pay for the hotel and flight or gas for the drive. The last 2 years, I have extended my stay and made it a vacation and have used my bonus money from my full time job to pay for it. Well, this year that money is going to my son's birthday trip.

What I need is accountability. Kind of like with Jenny Craig ( I have lost 30 pounds so far in 4 months. ) I propose that we set up a spot to hold each other accountable for making calls. How many calls we make a day, how many shows we book and how we are doing for the month. I personally need to make 1k a month to pay bills, save for conference and add to savings every month. Plus hopefully get a maid 2 times a month. I also need major help on recruiting. I always feel I am being pushy but in reality I think my hold up is feeling like they probably don't want to do it so I don't always ask.

Anyway, sorry for the longness of this post. What does everyone think?

Melissa, first, I am so sorry about your mom. Especially going through all of those "firsts"(first Thanksgiving, first Christmas, etc...) without her will be difficult, and grieving is a process that takes time, so it is understandable that you would still find yourself in a funk.Finding activities to keep you busy and active helps - especially if it is something that has meaning, and something that you know your mom would be proud of you doing. I'm so glad that you have chosen to keep working your PC business!Accountability is so important ~ Many of us have been keeping each other accountable with the 3-2-1 Accountability Thread - 3 contacts a day, 2 shows a week, and 1 recruit a month - or whatever you need/want your 3-2-1 to be. It has been slow during the Holiday season, but I'm sure the thread will be back in gear after the first of the year - check it out, and we'll help keep you accountable!:thumbup: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f12/3-2-1-accountability-23049/

Thanks for the kind words Becky and also thanks for pointing out the thread. I will be using it after the new year to get my self back on track!

My biggest piece of advice is those "extra" parties you book a month for conference, take that cash right out of your account and put it somewhere else. That way when it's time to go, you have the money on hand. Good luck!

1. Can't Go to National Conference Unless I'm a Consultant?

No, you do not have to be a consultant to attend National Conference. However, only active consultants are eligible to register and attend the conference.

2. Can't Go to National Conference Unless I Have a Ticket?

Yes, you must purchase a ticket or have a valid invitation to attend National Conference. Tickets can be purchased through the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant.

3. Can't Go to National Conference Unless I Have a Hotel Reservation?

While it is highly recommended to book a hotel reservation in advance, it is not required. You can make a reservation through the designated hotel for the conference, or arrange your own accommodations.

4. Can't Go to National Conference Unless I Have Transportation?

Transportation to and from the conference is not provided by Pampered Chef. It is your responsibility to arrange for transportation to the conference location. However, some hotels may offer shuttle services to and from the conference.

5. Can't Go to National Conference Unless I Have a Specific Rank?

No, there is no rank requirement to attend National Conference. All active consultants, regardless of rank, are welcome to attend and benefit from the training, networking, and other opportunities available at the conference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Brenda.the.chef