• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Season Stoneware Easily & Save Money: Try it Now!

In summary, the Kitchen Spritzer is a great product that is environmentally friendly and does not contain any harmful chemicals.
jrstephens
I have started using this as my last two show. I would use it to show how to season stoneware (b/c although mine is seasoned it can never be too seasoned), and I have told them they can use this instead of Pam. They can spend $10 now and save lots of money in the long run and quit buying those $3 cans of Pam.

I have sold one at each of these shows! SO, I am going to keep using it for sure.

Thanks for the Tip Jenn...... I need to get one for myself!!!

I just bought one myself a month or so ago. I had one years ago before I was a consultant, but I threw it away!!! I didn't know how to clean it!! What a dork I was!!

Yeah, I prefer to use a healthy oil instead of all the garbage that is in the sprays.

I really need to get one, too!

I just got this...and I used it the other night. Pumped it like i was supposed to, but it only sprayed a mist for a few seconds before it went back to a stream of veggie oil...any suggestions on what I was doing wrong? Would love to sell these, but I'm afraid if mine acts up, people will stick with Pam

Soak the nozzle in hot water. I always tell people after they spray it to untwist the cap to let the air out before they put it away. :)

This happened on the very first time that I used it. It shouldn't have any clogging in it yet. I'll try it again tonight.

Mine does that if I do not release the pressure first before pumping it. And make sure you pump it until it is pretty hard to pump anymore. When I do those two things my works fine.

Mine did the mist the first try at my show Tuesday night and I released the pressured and did it again and it worked fine.

My problemDoes anyone else have the problem that the outside stays greasy/oily? I release the pressure before I store it, but when I pick it up it's ALWAYS greasy or oily. And when I take it to shows it leaves an oil slick where ever it sits in my crate. I love it, but that's so annoying. Any advice?:confused:

This is the only PC product that I don't like. People used to complain about it, and I didn't get what they were complaining about. I got one, at first I liked it. Then, it didn't spray the way it was supposed, it did that same thing, started out spraying, then went to a stream. I cleaned it, didn't fix it. Bought replacement part, didn't fix it. Took it to my director, to see if she had another idea, nothing. Bought a second one thinking this one will work better and I can have one for olive oil and one for veggie oil. Both of them are sitting in the cupboard, one doesn't work at all, the other doesn't work well. They get oily on the outside too. I just gave up and stick with the Pam. I felt embarrassed bringing them to shows and having them not work as fantastically as I feel that they should since they bear the PC name. IMHO.

I know that most people love them, I just decided that they aren't for me. I do wonder, if the infrequency of how often I use them had anything to do with it. Don't know, just decided not to use it, not to promote it. I won't discourage a guest from buying one, I will say all the good things about it, when it's mentioned, but I won't go out of my way to discuss it when there are so many awesome products that I love.

Thanks!
Jaye

I really love the Kitchen Spritzer. I love that I'm not putting any more chemicals into the air, whatever they use as a propellant, and I love that I don't have to add to the landfills with my pam cans all the time. I'm a little bit of a tree hugger and mostly believe that every little bit helps, so I think it's one of our greatest products! That and the bamboo! It's a renewable resource, you know!

Ok, here is a document that I got off of another board and some suggestions also off that other board. I personally like my kitchen spritzer but don't use it all that often and haven't had any problems with it so far. It will only spray so much for each time you pump it up it won't spray continuously (sp?) until you let go of the trigger like a can of pam or whatever will do. But another suggestion for it would be to als use it for lemon juice and keep it in the fridge so you can just spritz your fruit with the lemon juice after you cut it.

Suds Pump/Kitchen Spritzer Tips
~Author Unknown

Here are some things to remind our customers when using the Suds Pump:
After filling with the soap and water, make sure to mix them together by gently shaking. Most people put in the soap then the water and never mix. Then when they pump, it's mostly soap coming through the mechanism. This can cause the pump to stick or not suds properly.

Also, if they are using the concentrated soaps they need to dilute even more. e.g : If the soap says it's 1/3 more concentrated - then use a 1/3 less soap and 1/3 more water when mixing in the Suds Pump.

It was also mentioned to take the Suds Pump completely apart to wash. It will come apart into 7 pieces. Make sure not to lose the ball bearing inside the pump. Soak in very hot water, not boiling. Then air dry overnight to make sure mechanisms are completely dry. This should help with any sticking.

To Clean the Kitchen Spritzer - Change oil every 2 months. Disassemble into 5 pieces. Clean with mixture of 1 Tablespoon white distilled vinegar and 1 cup water.

In response to the past posts on suds pumps and food coloring:
I use one drop of food coloring and up to three when mixing
colors. I also use a few drops of essential oils, i.e. euchalytus,
lavender, peppermint, lemon, etc. (mixiing the smell to color, i.e.
lemon to yellow). I have a 1 yr old and 3 yr old and they love it.
The 3 yr old does the mixing with me. We have a pump at the sink and
in the tub. The foam comes out colored but it DOES NOT stain or even
discolor your hands or the bathtub wall. I use no more than 3 drops
of coloring. Hope you enjoy and sell more suds pumps. I sell at
least 3 or 4 at every show. Happy Suds Pump Selling!!
Kim Menard

One tip I have heard is to keep the lid on when not in use. It keeps the soap that is in the pump mechanism from drying up and clogging. I love the suds pump and use it frequently--even when it starts to stick. I used to have cleaning tips on cleaning it and the spritzer on my home PC--I'll see if it survived the crash! I have several that need replaced--am excited they now come with an extra pump mechanism!

I LOVE the Suds Pump! I actually have one in each bathroom as well as one in the kitchen. The kids actually remember to wash their hands after they use the toilet because they love the bubbles! I'll have to try it with the colors for bathtime! Hadn't thought of that! My daycare customers love this too! I actually had one of my best customers tell me that she wanted to buy 3 more because the pumps had been broken for a few months after using them every day with 8+ kids after a year! I figure that is GREAT results for anything used that often! She's such a great customer that I just gave her my replacement pumps. Sure I lost a sale but I gained her confidence in me!

Attachments

• How to clean the Suds Pump and Kitchen Spritzer.doc
    22 KB · Views: 394
Not to hijack this thread, but I am a HUGE fan of the Suds Pump!!!!!

BE CAREFUL when releasing the pressure. I did this at a show on the 16th, and the first time it went well. Well, the 2nd time, the top BLEW off and olive oil (I have one with olive oil and one with veg. oil). Well, I did it again at a show this past Friday, and I was able to catch it before it BLEW off again.

So, heed my advice and be extremely careful and cautious, or you could look like a fool with olive oil everywhere like I did...needless to say, they all laughed, but it was also a bit unnerving.

I just bought the spritzer and am having trouble with it too. It sounds like if I release the pressure it might work right. Can someone tell me how to release the pressure?

I am so glad that I looked at this thread. Someone at my show a few weeks ago asked how to get hers to work and I did not have an answer. Her order should be in today or tommorow so I am making a letter of suggestions to include when my host delivers her order so she can hopefuly use it!
Thank you!!!

sillylittlechef said:
I just bought the spritzer and am having trouble with it too. It sounds like if I release the pressure it might work right. Can someone tell me how to release the pressure?

Just slowly unscrew the top until you hear it release.

I have had mine for years...probably at least 4 years... still works wonderful...I just release the pressure and remind guests that at shows...it says it on the use and care card...but ya know..people don't always read that!
I have one with olive oil and one with PC canola basil oil

and it comes with an extra spray now...it didn't used to ! same with suds pump.

I love my spritzer and i use it frequently. The first thing I love about it is that I know exactly whats going into my food. Pure olive oil and nothing else. Secondly, I'm on my second one as the first one did the same thing everyone elses has and eventually clogged up. However, I have found that they improved them in between my purchases. My new one not only came with a seconds spray attachment just in case, but when I soaked it in HOT HOT HOT soapy water for about 20 mins with some soap it went back to spraying beautifully. I also have one that I keep in the fridge with water in it because I live in Arizona just outside of Phoenix and I"m from Alaska! That cold blast of water on a hot afternoon is a great pick me up!

One more thing..has anyone tried using the new basil oil in it?

re: spritzer's
jaye said:
This is the only PC product that I don't like. People used to complain about it, and I didn't get what they were complaining about. I got one, at first I liked it. Then, it didn't spray the way it was supposed, it did that same thing, started out spraying, then went to a stream. I cleaned it, didn't fix it. Bought replacement part, didn't fix it. Took it to my director, to see if she had another idea, nothing. Bought a second one thinking this one will work better and I can have one for olive oil and one for veggie oil. Both of them are sitting in the cupboard, one doesn't work at all, the other doesn't work well. They get oily on the outside too. I just gave up and stick with the Pam. I felt embarrassed bringing them to shows and having them not work as fantastically as I feel that they should since they bear the PC name. IMHO.

I know that most people love them, I just decided that they aren't for me. I do wonder, if the infrequency of how often I use them had anything to do with it. Don't know, just decided not to use it, not to promote it. I won't discourage a guest from buying one, I will say all the good things about it, when it's mentioned, but I won't go out of my way to discuss it when there are so many awesome products that I love.

Thanks!
Jaye
My Mom loves them so, then when she used mine during a show, had the same problem :( I just seem to pump again and it's misty again :)

hth

ChefBridgetA said:
One more thing..has anyone tried using the new basil oil in it?

Yep ... that would be me... I have one with regular olive oil and one with PANTRY BASIL CANOLA oil...
I found that I was having empty it, and fill it, and empty it... etc. ( I made potstickers several times and needed the Basil)
And if I needed the kitchen spritzer for something sweet... I didn't want to empty the Basil Canola out, and fill it with olive oil...because it could still taste like basil !!
So I wrote on the basil one ...on the bottom of the spritzer... "Flavored"
so I know which is which.

It does run out of "air" and you have to re-pump it...
One thing I've noticed, and don't like... it puts this misty cloud in the room... I'm fanning the air to clear the air...
But it's worth it to me since I know what's inside...pure oil...
Who knows what's in PAM???????

Last edited:
I use mine all the time. I have had customers complain, but I have never had a problem with it. Usually (and luckily) the replacement part works for them!

I have found another use for the Kitchen Spritzer.

I had a booth at a Baby Fair recently and I decided not to have any food samples. I had "food displays" in the small squares covered with plastic wrap. One square had apple wedges and another had apple "doughnuts" and "how do I keep them looking fresh?" (not brown like cut apples tend to do).

I put lemon juice in the Spritzer and spritzed away. The apples stayed fresh looking for the whole event. I did clean the Spritzer after so the lemon pulp wouldn't get stuck in the sprayer part.

I usually keep olive oil in the Spritzer but I clean it out every couple months and let it sit empty. I like this a lot better than those cooking sprays.

Thanks, Linda

I have had a lot of customers complain about this and the suds pump... I have the suds pump but I havent' had any problems with it yet.

I have had 3 of them in constant use in my kitchen for years.

1 with oil; 1 with lemon juice; 1 with water.

Hmmmm... Just realized I could use the one with water for my ironing too...

BethCooks4U said:
I have had 3 of them in constant use in my kitchen for years.

1 with oil; 1 with lemon juice; 1 with water.

Hmmmm... Just realized I could use the one with water for my ironing too...
I would add another with vinegar... use it a lot for cleaning!

I love my Kitchen Spritzer and Suds Pumps! :D

I'm bad, bad, bad and don't release the pressure on my Kitchen Spritzer. However, I haven't had any noticeable problems despite abusing it.

The Suds Pump has been quite valuable to me since it's saving me from going through quarts of dish soap! My kids love using the one we have in our bathroom, too.

I just bought a Kitchen Spritzer and got it yesterday. I put olive oil in it, and sprayed my new stone to see how it worked. It sprayed for a few seconds, then went to the stream of oil. I tried for a bit and then figured that it wasn't supposed to spray continuously. So I put it away. I just found this thread and discovered that you're supposed to release the pressure. (It came with directions? lol) So I went over, released the pressure, pumped it up until it was really hard to pump, and sprayed the stone again. I figured I'd spray till it stopped, and release pressure, and do it again. I didn't have to. It sprayed the whole 13x9 stone easily, it wasn't even losing pressure when I stopped. Sorry, slightly random, but thank you for shoving the instructions under my nose! lol

I want to get one of these, but they sound kind of hard to use/maintain!!

spritzer/suds pumpI have both the spritzer and suds pump, never had any issues with either one! I do have an interesting story regarding a storebought spray though.....

My husband was going to grill some veggie skewers, so I cut up squash, zuchinni, and onion and stuck them on the sticks. Usually, I brush them with olive oil and then season them, but I realized I didn't have an olive oil! Then I remembered that I had bought an olive oil cooking spray (not Pam, it was this new "Mazola Pure" cooking spray) that was supposed to be pure olive oil. So I just sprayed the veggies with that and sent them out to the grill. After only cooking for a short time, the oil spray on the them burnt completely black and started flaking off the veggies. It was so weird and they tasted TERRIBLE!!! So, needless to say, I don't know what's in those sprays exactly but it's not what I would call "pure".....

Olive oil in the kitchen spritzer sounds good to me!

Related to Season Stoneware Easily & Save Money: Try it Now!

1. What is stoneware and why is it important to season it?

Stoneware is a type of clay-based ceramic that is fired at a high temperature, making it durable and non-porous. Seasoning stoneware involves coating it with oil and baking it, which helps to create a natural non-stick surface and prevents food from sticking to it. This is important because it enhances the cooking performance of stoneware and prolongs its lifespan.

2. How do I season stoneware?

The most common way to season stoneware is by coating it with a thin layer of oil, such as vegetable or canola oil, and baking it in the oven at a high temperature (around 400-450 degrees Fahrenheit) for about an hour. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for seasoning, as some stoneware may require a different process.

3. Can I use stoneware without seasoning it?

Technically, you can use stoneware without seasoning it, but it is not recommended. Seasoning helps to create a natural non-stick surface, making it easier to clean and preventing food from sticking to it. It also enhances the cooking performance of stoneware and helps to prolong its lifespan.

4. How does using seasoned stoneware save money?

Using seasoned stoneware can save money in the long run because it eliminates the need to buy cooking sprays, such as Pam, which can be expensive. By spending a small amount of money on oil and seasoning your stoneware, you can avoid constantly purchasing cooking sprays, ultimately saving you money in the long run.

5. Is it necessary to re-season stoneware after each use?

No, it is not necessary to re-season stoneware after each use. However, it is recommended to re-season stoneware every few months or if you notice food starting to stick to it. This will help to maintain its non-stick surface and ensure optimal cooking performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • twinkie10
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefliz
Replies