• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Optimizing Monthly Team Meetings: Finding the Best Day for Maximum Productivity

In summary, the conversation discusses the pros and cons of having team meetings on different days of the week. The author recommends holding meetings on the first week of the month to give everyone time to prepare and to avoid conflict.
Bren706
Gold Member
Now that I have 3 local consultants on my team, I am hoping to start monthly team meetings. The cluster meeting I used to attend was on the 1st or 2nd (can't remember which) Monday of each month. My hospitality director has hers on the 2nd Saturday of each month.

It sounds like Saturdays are going to be best for my team, but I am wondering which Saturday of the month to have it.

Is it better to have it toward the beginning of the month so you can help them focus on that month or would having it on the 3rd Saturday be okay and I could focus on the upcoming month? When do you hold/attend your monthly team meetings?

We did the 3rd week for awhile with the SW mentality of preparing for the upcoming month. Probl was that it gave everyone the luxury of applying the training later as there was "still" time. It also would throw everyone off in recognition as the stars were the prior month's. I'd recommend the 1st week. Also keep in mind that Saturday's are popular show days and you may want to meet early to allow for bookings later in the day. Congrats on getting your meetings set up.

The meetings I got to are the 2nd Monday of the month. We focus on the previous month's recognition and the current and next months specials. Another director in our group does the 2nd Saturday in the morning - left enough time to do a show in the afternoon if you wanted to.

Our meetings are generally first week of the month.

My director has previous month's stats for recognition - and it is early enough to review incentives and ideas for the current month.

We always have them on weeknights - never weekends.

I don't think I would attend meetings if they were on a Saturday. Working full-time, weekends are the only time DH and I have to get anything useful done. And, yes, I agree, I would be concerned about Saturdays being popular show days.

Our team meetings are the third Monday evening of each month.

We meet the first Thursday of the month so we can focus on the current month. Most of the time I have the stats of the previous month by then and if not (like this month) they tell me if they submitted the last day of the month so I know to add those sales in for recognition.I used to meet on Monday and we tried Saturday but found that Thursday works best for us.

I need suggestions on when to schedule my meetings.... I have three consultants plus myself, we all work different schedules.
Me... I am lucky.. I work M-F 8a to 4P, every other Wednesday I have a school board meeting.
N works Sunday thru Thurs 11:45a to 7:45 p
C Works M-F 9-5:30 with Wednesday being til 7p
K works Mon-Wed and Fri and Sat from 9-5:30p. She is a single mom and child care is an issue so I pay my daughter to watch the son if she comes to the meeting.
I just can't figure out when to hold it without excluding someone.... thoughts anyone???/

Unfortunately you can't please everyone. Based on these schedules, I'd probably go with a Saturday morning. I know one works Sat. AM but any way she/he could go in late one Saturday a month? The other thing is you need to work with those that want you to work with them the most. Are any of these consultants iffy about attending meetings? If so, then don't include their schedule in your planning decisions. Yes, it's great to be able to accomodate everyone because you know how important team meetings/training/spirit is but you can't MAKE them want to attend and learn and grow.

Now, if everyone is onboard with meetings, then perhaps alternate. Do a Saturday morning one month and a Thursday evening the next.

This will continue to be a challenge as your team continues to grow. At some point you will need to make the decision based on what works best for YOU. I have consultants that work nights, they go in later on our meeting nights (Monday) so they can attend training because it's that important to them. I also have some that have child care issues that they work around to be there. If they really want to be there they will.

You'll never make everyone happy with mtg. dates/times. Pick what works best for your family. If they want to make it, they will find a way to make it work.

We did Monday mtgs. and I was asked by a few to change to Sun. So we do Sun. mtgs. Funny that the ones who requested it never come! We've just stuck with the Sun. mtgs. for the most part.

Congrats on your growing team!

Earlier is definitely better. If they have no bookings for April and the meeting is the 3rd week, they'll just throw april out the window and focus on May. If the meeting is the first week, they still have 3 weeks to focus on building their month. And yes, you'll never please anyone so pick one that works for you, make the meetings valuable and they'll come.

What is the purpose of scheduling team meetings?

Scheduling team meetings allows members of a team to come together and discuss important topics, make decisions, and collaborate on projects. It helps to ensure that everyone is on the same page and working towards common goals.

How often should team meetings be scheduled?

This will depend on the needs and availability of the team. Some teams may benefit from meeting weekly, while others may only need to meet monthly. It's important to find a schedule that works for everyone and allows for effective communication and productivity.

What are some common methods for scheduling team meetings?

There are several ways to schedule team meetings, including using a shared calendar, creating a group chat or email thread, or using a scheduling tool such as Doodle or Calendly. It's important to choose a method that is convenient and easy for all team members.

How can conflicts in scheduling team meetings be resolved?

If there are conflicts in scheduling team meetings, it's important to communicate openly and find a compromise that works for everyone. This may involve adjusting the meeting time, finding an alternative meeting date, or delegating tasks to ensure all team members can attend.

What is the best way to ensure attendance at team meetings?

To ensure attendance at team meetings, it's important to send out meeting invitations well in advance and provide clear and concise information about the meeting agenda and expectations. Additionally, regularly following up with team members and reminding them of the meeting can help to improve attendance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
keril
  • Liquid Sky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Liquid Sky
  • Kelly8