• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lack of Communication With Your Upline/Team?

In summary, Kristen's team has no emails, except the one before the monthly meeting. Mine has no emails, except the one before the monthly meeting. Kristen is seeing all the emails other teams have about the exciting news upcoming, yet there isn't a peep from my group. Mine doesn't do it either. Kristen is Missing out on good support because she didn't have a way to reach out. Mine has monthly meetings where I can call or email
minirottie
My team has no emails, except the one before the monthly meeting. I'm seeing all the emails other teams have about the exciting news upcoming, yet there isn't a peep from my group.

just wondering if others are on teams like this? I can't go to most meetings because they are on a Tuesday when my daughter has dance and my son has soccer, so I can't get away...it's 13 days to SL and there isn't a single word from my upline about attending/sitting together.

Kinda depressing

When I say I'm seeing all the emails about exciting news, I mean what others are posting from their up/downlines

(((HUGS))) Sorry Kristen! Maybe if you tell them you'd like to see more communication they'll consider doing more! :D

Mine is similar. My AD/Director quit doing monthly meetings because so few of us attended (and I drove over 2 hours to get to them). Made me really sad because I used to get so much from them. She does send out recognition email on "green by the 15th" but I would love to see the sales ones (I have a seriously competitive nature). We have a number of really good directors in our cluster but they too are too far away to get to for any meetings. We get recognition emails from further up but I am too far down to be acknowledged. I would love to see emails like I hear about here but I come here to be "in the know" This group is so giving and I thank goodness for it almost every day!

Mine doesn't do it either. I don't think I've ever actually met my director because I've been passed on twice now when previous directors left the business. I've spoken to her on the phone and I know that she will be there to answer any questions I have but there is very little in the form of recognition or incentives offered by any of my upline.

=( i'm sorry you guys! we've got a group of 3-4 advanced directors plus 1 director who all do our monthly team meetings together and we also have a private facebook group where we can all interact. maybe that's an option for those of you who live farther away from your directors?

When I 1st joined (Feb), I knew nothing... my recruiter was 6 days in herself and left before her 30 day mark. I was SO motivated that I lived on Consultants Corner absorbing everything and anything. NO contact from anyone anywhere. For 4 months. Then out of the blue I get some short email about National Conference from my 'director' it was short & sweet along the lines of 'hi! I'm xxxx and attending NC and think you should boost your business and attend! See you there.'. I didn't go that year.
I did go to Spring Conference (still alone) that next year and WOW! I really felt I was left high & dry and if I had had an active anyone! I really think I would have been farther faster. After speaking and listening to many other consultants, I knew something wasn't right. I contacted HO and explained my thoughts/feelings and they gave me my directors up line info... Tried contacting her and after many unsuccessful attempts, she did finally get back to me (via email). We did have 3 'monthly meetings' (not every month either) and I did get to meet others in my cluster - many of which attending were hospitality guests and not really in my cluster. But was still good motivation & networking.
Trying to keep this short, I did end up going up one more level (last April) and although I can't attend the monthly meetings (too far & times don't work w/my schedule) we do have monthly calls and I can call/email at anytime for support/suggestions/etc. Since then I have added 2 team members and have increased my shows & sales! on a negative note - my 'adopted director' (I believe she is an SED, but not sure) suggested I write a letter to HO explaining everything, but was my call to actually do so. As since I contacted & explained, SHE contacted more of us down the line and was hearing the same story and didn't think it was fair to any of us. Those inbetween getting highly reimbursed to 'support' us and those of us feeling left high & dry. Not sure what ever came out of any of it and frankly I don't care. I just wish I had had this support (even if not physical) from day one. On & upward!(I stumbled upon this site by accident :( but thankful I did!!)

Marcy, I didn't really know anyone from my upline other than my recruiter (who's AWESOME!) when I first started either. But I've moved up a couple of people now, love my director and have actually met the 2 above her now. For a long time, they were just names that I'd see periodically but I had no clue where they fit in the hierarchy. I decided that even though I can't meet all of my downline in person (geography thing), that I can at least let them know who I am and that I'm here to help. So I send everyone who signs up anywhere in my downline an e-mail welcoming them to the Pampered Chef. I later implemented adding in the structure & letting them know who their upline is. So when they see e-mails, they have a clue of who that person is to them. I'm back to sending monthly recognition e-mails (took a few months off in 2011) and I'm now doing Monday Motivational e-mails to the team too. You can't change your upline, but you can decide how you want to treat your downline and what you'd like to offer to them that was not offered to you. Break the cycle. Keep your name in front of your downline and give them pertinent info as often as you can to keep them informed of all the wonderful things Pampered Chef offers! It also helps to constantly reiterate that you are there & willing to help whenever possible. Some will take you up on that offer! :D

Oh, it has definitely been an eye opener and from my path to get here, I have told my team that I will always try to be there for them (as much or as little as they want). We all have kids and work full time other than PC and understand life gets crazy. I'm just thankful I trudged on and have the support I do now! (up & down the line) My advice for others feeling left out... we are NOT alone in this business and there are many others out there willing to help! (Even if it doesn't seem like it)

Sheila said:
Marcy, I didn't really know anyone from my upline other than my recruiter (who's AWESOME!) when I first started either. But I've moved up a couple of people now, love my director and have actually met the 2 above her now. For a long time, they were just names that I'd see periodically but I had no clue where they fit in the hierarchy.

I decided that even though I can't meet all of my downline in person (geography thing), that I can at least let them know who I am and that I'm here to help. So I send everyone who signs up anywhere in my downline an e-mail welcoming them to the Pampered Chef. I later implemented adding in the structure & letting them know who their upline is. So when they see e-mails, they have a clue of who that person is to them. I'm back to sending monthly recognition e-mails (took a few months off in 2011) and I'm now doing Monday Motivational e-mails to the team too. You can't change your upline, but you can decide how you want to treat your downline and what you'd like to offer to them that was not offered to you. Break the cycle. Keep your name in front of your downline and give them pertinent info as often as you can to keep them informed of all the wonderful things Pampered Chef offers! It also helps to constantly reiterate that you are there & willing to help whenever possible. Some will take you up on that offer! :D

Thank you! It's support like this, that keeps me positive and know I was just below a few bad seeds.:blushing:

MHouting said:
When I 1st joined (Feb), I knew nothing... my recruiter was 6 days in herself and left before her 30 day mark. I was SO motivated that I lived on Consultants Corner absorbing everything and anything. NO contact from anyone anywhere. For 4 months. Then out of the blue I get some short email about National Conference from my 'director' it was short & sweet along the lines of 'hi! I'm xxxx and attending NC and think you should boost your business and attend! See you there.'. I didn't go that year.
I did go to Spring Conference (still alone) that next year and WOW! I really felt I was left high & dry and if I had had an active anyone! I really think I would have been farther faster. After speaking and listening to many other consultants, I knew something wasn't right. I contacted HO and explained my thoughts/feelings and they gave me my directors up line info... Tried contacting her and after many unsuccessful attempts, she did finally get back to me (via email). We did have 3 'monthly meetings' (not every month either) and I did get to meet others in my cluster - many of which attending were hospitality guests and not really in my cluster. But was still good motivation & networking.
Trying to keep this short, I did end up going up one more level (last April) and although I can't attend the monthly meetings (too far & times don't work w/my schedule) we do have monthly calls and I can call/email at anytime for support/suggestions/etc. Since then I have added 2 team members and have increased my shows & sales!

on a negative note - my 'adopted director' (I believe she is an SED, but not sure) suggested I write a letter to HO explaining everything, but was my call to actually do so. As since I contacted & explained, SHE contacted more of us down the line and was hearing the same story and didn't think it was fair to any of us. Those inbetween getting highly reimbursed to 'support' us and those of us feeling left high & dry. Not sure what ever came out of any of it and frankly I don't care. I just wish I had had this support (even if not physical) from day one. On & upward!

(I stumbled upon this site by accident :( but thankful I did!!)

Marcy - if you ever want to attend our Team Meeting, you are more than welcome. I have team members from your area, and you could carpool even. 2nd Wed. of every month, at 6:30pm. Just knowing the area you are from, I can make an educated guess who your upline was...(and she's now "retired".) We have a couple others from that downline who attend our meetings.

Thanks for everyone's responses. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in knowing that others experience the same thing. My recruiter moved to another state just after I signed, and I know that people are busy with "day jobs" like myself and so it's not like the communication I have with my regular work team.

ChefBeckyD said:
Marcy - if you ever want to attend our Team Meeting, you are more than welcome. I have team members from your area, and you could carpool even. 2nd Wed. of every month, at 6:30pm. Just knowing the area you are from, I can make an educated guess who your upline was...(and she's now "retired".) We have a couple others from that downline who attend our meetings.

Thanks Becky! And yea, I'm pretty sure it's the one you are think it is. There was one more inbetween us who has also retired....
Anyways, what city are your meetings in? Definitely tempting! Thanks!!!!

I have been in your spot, & still am to a degree (I do get fabulous support for my NED, and she responds super fast), however my director there is very little.
Use this site, there are many consultants on here that are directors that will help take you under their wings, will challenge you (I suggest you find a batter bowl buddy on here that have a similar goal that you do & challenge each other & check in w/ each other weekly).
You are not alone, I have met so many fabulous consultants & have learned to network from this website (way out of my comfort zone). If it wasn't for this site, I would not be in the biz for 6 1/2 years I would have quit.

Hi, I know how you feel,, I am kinda in the same boat with my director. I feel she definately has her favorites and I am not one of them. So I found another gal is almost a director and she has been fantastic keeping in touch with me (even though we are from separate clusters). I have decided that I am just going to have to get myself in gear and become a director myself so I can have my own team. I have definately learned what not to do with my team. And to make everyone feel important no-matter how much they are doing and to work with them and offer lots of training. I like my director but just feel that she does not offer much to me. I love this site because whatever problem you might be having, there is always someone to offer advice and help. Hang in there and maybe find another team to attend meetings. The gal that has been a fantastic friend to me, lives about an hour from me, but so worth the trip to attend her meetings and trainings.

Well I just got GREAT news from my director. She has been sending out stuff, I just haven't been getting it. She just did a test of the December newsletter and I got it! YEAH! I will feel like I am part of the group again. She also sent out a note to everyone because she has a bad feeling I'm not the only one who wasn't getting the newsletters.

I emailed mine to ask if she was attending Spring Launch and if she was going to email us about it so we could sit together, etc. She replied back that she would send an email and see if people want to carpool. I know she's busy (she's a nurse) and a mom...and maybe over time this has just become a quiet group :)
Glad to be able to read stuff from your teams to get excited about!

Glad that was resolved.

I am an AD, and have a personal team over 80+ plus downline directors. Speaking "from the other side" of this debate. I do a lot of emails, call, call call.. and at some point you do give up when you get nothing back from the other person. I have a personal business to run and I simply can not chase people all day. I try to connect and then work with the ones who put the effort into thier business and want to work with me. When you get to a certain size it is impossible to give to those that are not giving to their own business or those that want to be best friends and not work a business.

PCJenni said:
I am an AD, and have a personal team over 80+ plus downline directors. Speaking "from the other side" of this debate. I do a lot of emails, call, call call.. and at some point you do give up when you get nothing back from the other person. I have a personal business to run and I simply can not chase people all day. I try to connect and then work with the ones who put the effort into thier business and want to work with me. When you get to a certain size it is impossible to give to those that are not giving to their own business or those that want to be best friends and not work a business.

Well my director/AD admits to hating the phone. :) I am one of those annoying consultants who loves any communication and when I stopped getting the communication I figured it was because I had gotten too enthusiastic in my enthusiasm. I tend to read the information here and in our weekly PC newsletters before she does. She always laughs about it and used to have people ask me specifics because I knew them. That stopped a little over a year ago when she had at least two-three more directors. I just figured since my goal isn't director I got put on a far back burner. I was so relieved when I finally got her on the phone and found out it wasn't me. lol

PCJenni said:

I can relate to this as I have a few that 'just do their own thing' but I just keep sending team update emails as I don't want anyone to feel left out like I did. I'd rather have them delete or not read if THEY choose not to.

Ok Ladies, what should I do?
I've never asked what the "normal" training situation is supposed to be but... for nearly my 1st year I was trained by my recruiter's director. In the beginning I hated the hour drive to the director's house, but after time I began to love this director AND the group of ladies at this meeting. They are so encouraging and have amazing ideas. (My recruiter seldom attended this meeting.)

Now, my recruiter is a director and has decided that she wants to have her own team meetings. These meetings give information but are "go go go" so that they offer little time conversation & sharing. Frankly, I feel they are cold. I don't leave them charged for the current month. I leave them not caring if I do another show / meet another person /etc. (On the other hand, I definitely think that she's new to the training & I shouldn't be so tough on her.)

Is it ok for me to return to the advanced director for meetings or do I have to stay with the new director (my recruiter)?

Last edited:
hamiltonchef said:
Is it ok for me to return to the advanced director for meetings or do I have to stay with the new director (my recruiter)?

You can go where you WANT to....so go where you are most encouraged!

You may want to visit the other meetings now and then, and being new, she may change some. But you certainly don't have to if your schedule doesn't allow it! If nothing else, it could be a good "networking" move. Maybe local vendor events that are shared, etc.

But no, I'd go where I enjoyed it and learned from it.

PCJenni said:

This is very true...however....I am now a SC. I joined PC almost 2 years ago. And while I live only about 30 miles from my director she doesn't hold meetings any longer because I was the only one showing up. Makes me feel a little insignificant....I take the time to come because I think they are important. It is very discouraging. And apathy can set in quickly especially when you think you are all alone.
I am breaking that cycle and keeping in touch with my recruits because I want them to feel that they are important to me....because they ARE!!!!! Without them I wouldn't be where I am in Pampered Chef!!! They are just as important to me as my customers. And while I know that as my team grows it will become more difficult to make the time to keep in touch....I will adjust as I needed to be sure their questions, needs etc are being met.

hamiltonchef said:
Ok Ladies, what should I do?
I've never asked what the "normal" training situation is supposed to be but... for nearly my 1st year I was trained by my recruiter's director. In the beginning I hated the hour drive to the director's house, but after time I began to love this director AND the group of ladies at this meeting. They are so encouraging and have amazing ideas. (My recruiter seldom attended this meeting.)

Now, my recruiter is a director and has decided that she wants to have her own team meetings. These meetings give information but are "go go go" so that they offer little time conversation & sharing. Frankly, I feel they are cold. I don't leave them charged for the current month. I leave them not caring if I do another show / meet another person /etc. (On the other hand, I definitely think that she's new to the training & I shouldn't be so tough on her.)

I wonder if you go to the upline director's meetings if she'd wonder why you aren't going to your recruiter's. Maybe she'll ask you or maybe she'll wonder if you aren't happy with those meetings. If you could get a private moment, maybe you could share your concern with the upline director, letting her know you really value her meetings and aren't quite getting what you need from your recruiters. You could say something like you don't want to offend your recruiter or hurt her feelings, but maybe the upline can help with the situation?

Great News!! We had a meeting today :D Was good to see my director and my recuiter!!! It was only us 3 but hey...that's fine with me.....AND....I received my Chef's Hat Necklace for reaching my $15k career :D

1. What should I do if I feel like my upline/team is not communicating with me?

If you are experiencing a lack of communication with your upline or team, it is important to first try to address the issue directly with them. Schedule a call or meeting to discuss your concerns and try to come up with a plan to improve communication. If this does not resolve the issue, you can reach out to your direct supervisor or the company's support team for further assistance.

2. How can I improve communication with my upline/team?

One way to improve communication with your upline/team is to schedule regular check-ins or team meetings. This can help keep everyone on the same page and ensure that important information is being shared. Additionally, make sure to communicate openly and honestly with your upline/team and address any concerns or issues as they arise.

3. What if my upline/team is not responsive to my attempts to communicate?

If your upline/team is not responding to your attempts to communicate, it may be helpful to reach out to other team members or leaders for support. You can also try using different forms of communication, such as email or text, to see if they are more responsive that way. If all else fails, consider reaching out to the company's support team for further assistance.

4. How can a lack of communication affect my business with Pampered Chef?

A lack of communication with your upline/team can have a negative impact on your business with Pampered Chef. Without clear communication, you may miss important updates, training opportunities, or sales strategies. This can ultimately affect your success and growth within the company. It is important to address any communication issues early on to prevent any negative impacts on your business.

5. Is there any training or resources available to help improve communication with my upline/team?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers various training and resources to help improve communication within your team. This includes team meetings, online training courses, and resources on the consultant website. You can also reach out to your upline or company support team for additional guidance and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckelly
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Chef Kearns