• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Scalloped potatoes in the DCB?

CAPCnewbie

Feb 14, 2009
I've never made them before but all of a sudden I have a craving for them for dinner tonight. Does anyone have a good simple recipe to share or know if they can be made in the DCB?

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
My mom makes scalloped potatoes a lot in the microwave in a pyrex round casserole dish, so there's definitely a way you can do this in the DCB. :)

Here's how she taught me to make her version:

6-8 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped onion or 2 Tbsp minced onion
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 cups milk

Grease DCB with butter. Put in 1/2 of the potatoes. Sprinkle 1/2 the onions on. Sift 1/2 of the flour over it. Sprinkle 1/2 the seasonings. Repeat layers. Pour the milk over it. Dot it with pats of butter. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more.

I don't have her microwave times, though. I'd do it 10 minutes and then check on it. And add more time as needed. I haven't done it in a few years, so I forget. Next time I make this, I'll keep track of the time.

suzipooh

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2005
I made them in the DCB for Easter. I used the mandoline to slice the potatoes, then layered them in the baker with onions and sprinkled grated parmesan cheese a little flour, some paprika and a dash of nutmeg and black pepper between each layer then poured in a can of evaporated milk in and topped it with more cheese ~ put the lid on and baked 'em for about 40 minutes...

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
Replies
Views
Patrick O'Sullivan
Replies
Views