• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creamy Cheddar Ale Soup Recipe: Satisfying a Craving

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a recipe for creamy cheddar ale soup. They mention finding a recipe for beer cheese soup and a hands down favorite from the Disney Epcot Food & Wine Festival Cookbook. The person also shares a link to a recipe they recently found for cheddar ale soup. They also discuss the use of mirepoix as a flavor base and options for removing the texture of carrots, celery, and onion.
pkd09
Silver Member
I have a craving and I'm not pregnant! I did a "google" search and am coming up with all differnet kinds....with carrots/potatoes/celery etc. Looking for just a creamy cheddar ale soup. Does anybody have one they have had and would love to share?

My hands down favorite cheddar ale soup is from the Disney Epcot Food & Wine Festival Cookbook. They serve this soup at Canada in Epcot, apparently. I serve it with pretzel bread, and it's unbelievable. :) ¼ pound of Smoked Bacon (finely chopped)
1 Medium Red Onion (finely chopped)
½ cup Celery (finely chopped)
½ cup Carrot (finely chopped)
3 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
3 cups of Whole Milk (scalded)
2 cups of Chicken Stock (scalded)
12 ounces of Grated or Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
3 dashes of Hot Sauce
½ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
½ cup Beer (Dark Ale preferred)
salt and pepper to taste
chopped chives or crispy bacon for garnish (optional)1. Saute’ the bacon in large, heavy-bottom, non-reactive soup pot over medium heat until wilted but not browned.2. Add Onion, Celery, and Carrots and cook until onions are translucent and bacon has crisped.3. Sprinkle in Flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Stir in Milk and Stock, a little at a time, blending well to ensure that there are no lumps. Bring the liquid to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.4. Remove from heat and whisk in the Cheese, Hot Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce and Beer. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.5. Sprinkle with chives and/or bacon to garnish and serve

I think you have to have the mirepoix in there as a flavor base, but if you don't want the carrots/celery/onion texture, you can either puree it to death or strain it out before proceeding. Here is one I just came across recently that looks good:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/cheddar-ale-soup.html?cm_src=RECIPESEARCH

Hi there! I completely understand those cravings, even when we're not pregnant! I actually have a delicious creamy cheddar ale soup recipe that I would love to share with you. It's one of my go-to comfort foods and I know you'll love it too. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send it over to you. Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the creamy cheddar ale soup?

To make this delicious soup, you will need butter, onion, garlic, flour, chicken broth, ale, heavy cream, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese instead of cheddar?

While cheddar cheese gives the soup its classic flavor, you can certainly experiment with other types of cheese such as gouda or gruyere. Just keep in mind that the taste and texture of the soup may vary.

3. How long does it take to make this soup?

The total cook time for this recipe is approximately 30 minutes. This includes prep time and cooking time.

4. Can I use a non-alcoholic substitute for the ale?

If you prefer not to use ale in the recipe, you can substitute it with chicken broth or vegetable broth. However, the ale adds a unique flavor to the soup that may be missed.

5. Can I make this soup ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make this soup ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat on the stovetop over low heat, stirring occasionally.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• love2cook2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SusanBP0129
  • SChristie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies