• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Say Goodbye to Lucy Van Pelt: My New Avatar Inspired by The Simpsons

In summary, Kacey changed her avitar to Lucy Van Pelt from the Peanuts and people don't recognize her because she doesn't have a chin. She also thinks that the Simpsons are more grown-up than the Peanuts and that "change" is a four-letter word.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Well, I figured it was time to grow up, so I changed my avitar. Lucy Van Pelt from the Peanuts has been my spokesperson so to speak- we have a lot in common- okay not much- but back in the day we looked alike- sort of. :)

Anyway when someone changes their avitar people don't recognize them as much so I just wanted you to know that Lucy still lives on in my heart and I decided to simpsonize me this time. If I can get it bigger, I will.

have a great day everyone!
d3_8_1.gif

Good bye old pal, I'll miss you! :)

Oh sure, you just have to confuse me don't you!!:)!

Lucy is cuter. Now you look a little freakie.

Ah...the end of an era...........goodbye dear Lucy...you will be missed.

BTW...that simpson looks nothing like you! Just put up your cute mug! LOL!!

Farewell, Lucy.Does it bother anyone else that most of the Simpsons don't have a chin?

I'm not a big Simspons fan - put your real pic up Kacey!!!:)

myinnerchef said:
Farewell, Lucy.

Does it bother anyone else that most of the Simpsons don't have a chin?
hence the feakie looks :p

We'll love you no matter what your avatar, Kacey!

myinnerchef said:
Farewell, Lucy.

Does it bother anyone else that most of the Simpsons don't have a chin?
It's because they all smoke exploding cigars.

pamperedlinda said:
Lucy is cuter. Now you look a little freakie.
She looked cute when the picture was bigger. I think because she is shrunk down she looks a little gothic. Hmmmm- maybe back to the drawing board?

I had no idea that Lucy was so loved and that the simpsonized version of me would be so unloved.
Maybe I just need to find a nice picture of a fluffy donut for my avitar...

Kitchen Diva said:
Well, I figured it was time to grow up, so I changed my avitar. Lucy Van Pelt from the Peanuts has been my spokesperson so to speak- we have a lot in common- okay not much- but back in the day we looked alike- sort of. :)

How ironic...to think the Simpsons are more grown-up than the Peanuts?

Kitchen Diva said:
I had no idea that Lucy was so loved and that the simpsonized version of me would be so unloved.
Maybe I just need to find a nice picture of a fluffy donut for my avitar...

Nah, people just have a hard time adjusting to change ;) I have to admit, I even feel a little sentimental at the loss of the Lucy avatar....:D

janetupnorth said:
Eat my shorts, man.

I brought Lucy back- let's face it, she embodies me and I, her- so I just gave her a new outfit and a jump rope! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I brought Lucy back- let's face it, she embodies me and I, her- so I just gave her a new outfit and a jump rope! :)
Didn't get to see the other. Please post here. :)

janetupnorth said:
More grown up looking, not grown up acting! :) LOL I personally don't watch the Simpsons anymore.

I have been thinking about changing mine as well...

rennea said:
I have been thinking about changing mine as well...
Careful, you might have an uprising on your hands! :) LOL

You should have heard the howls when I switched from a picture of my family to a grinning llama (aka Llama Mama). Things calmed down a bit when I started using a picture of my feet in my Post Slut Slippers.

It may not look like it, but "change" is definitely a four-letter word. ;)

raebates said:
You should have heard the howls when I switched from a picture of my family to a grinning llama (aka Llama Mama). Things calmed down a bit when I started using a picture of my feet in my Post Slut Slippers.

I agree with you! Next time I won't announce it :) LOL If I had a picture of myself that I really liked, I'd post it. The one picture I have is sooo tiny that it isn't worth trying to guess what it is a picture of. I might just change my avatar to a picture of a 1972 Plymouth Cuda... :)

raebates said:

Yes, it is.

C-O-I-N.

US_coins.jpg

I forgot all about the llama. She was cute!

Can I see the llama? Do they really spit at people?

Wow! I had no idea people felt so strongly about herbs.Frankly, I love both cilantro and dill. Of course, I also enjoy hemp seed. (FYI: you eat it, not smoke it. It's good for you. :))

Yep, they spit at people. I think you're safe from the Llama Mama, though. Here you go:

LlamaMomma.jpg

And, just in case you were wondering, here's the photo of my little family. As you can see, The Furry Guy is called that for a reason. :D

fampic.jpg

llama mama was cuter when she was a small avatar.....large like that is a little scarey!

I was only on for about 10 minutes last night, so I am lost.... Was there a Simpson version of you and then you went back to Lucy??
DH is a huge Simpsons fan, our entire basement is decorated in Simpson theme, one day he will sell it all to pay for DS and DD college or weddings. I hate that room, never go to the basement. DH said it was the only room left for him since I took over the rest of the house. DH can only fall asleep to watching Simpsons DVD also, I dream about them everynight~ Doh!!!

raebates said:
Yep, they spit at people. I think you're safe from the Llama Mama, though. Here you go:

[Image removed for bandwidth considerations]

And, just in case you were wondering, here's the photo of my little family. As you can see, The Furry Guy is called that for a reason. :D

[Image removed for bandwidth considerations]
Alpaca bag to come see your zoo.

You'd be welcome. Of course, we don't really have a zoo. We eat critters here. I think of us as more of a side-show.

Related to Say Goodbye to Lucy Van Pelt: My New Avatar Inspired by The Simpsons

1. Why did you change your avatar from Lucy Van Pelt to a Simpsonized version?

I felt it was time to grow up and move on from my childhood avatar, but I still wanted to pay homage to Lucy Van Pelt who has been my spokesperson for a long time.

2. What do you mean by saying you and Lucy Van Pelt have a lot in common?

We may not have a lot in common in terms of personality and characteristics, but back in the day, we did look alike in terms of appearance.

3. How did you Simpsonize yourself?

I used a Simpsonizing app or website that allows you to upload a photo and transform it into a Simpson-style avatar.

4. Will you still use Lucy Van Pelt as your avatar sometimes?

I may use her as my avatar occasionally, but my new Simpsonized version will be my primary avatar from now on.

5. Does this change mean you are leaving behind your love for Peanuts and Lucy Van Pelt?

No, not at all. Lucy will always hold a special place in my heart and I will continue to enjoy Peanuts and its characters. This change is just a way for me to evolve and embrace new things.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies
Views
gaddischef