• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sauteed Chicken With Mushroom Sauce

In summary, someone has made this recipe, it is on the use and care card for the new 8" stainless steel saute pan, it sounds yummy, and I am planning on making it for dinner tomorrow night.
momoftwins
Has anyone made this recipe yet??????????? It is on the use and care card for the new 8" stainless steel saute pan. I am planning on making it for dinner tomorrow night. I would love to have suggestions on what to serve with it (ie rice or mashed potatoes, etc). Thanks in advance!!!!

I'd serve a salad & baked potatoes

Honestly, I don't know why , but I NEVER look at those recipes. I really need to, because that recipe sounds yummy!!

I made it and it was super yummy! My husband was very impressed and so was I because it was the first time I had ever cooked with a SS pan. That dish would be good with potatotes. I think I served green beans, though. Maybe putting the chicken over a bed of rice would be good too.

......running off to look for the recipe.....

I know that I can't wait to get home to look at my recipe. I think I would love to try this. Is it by chance the recipe that is in the SS pan on the front of the mini catalog?? I think my family will love it though. I live with my mom and my sister so they always have to taste test all of the new recipes. I always tell them that if it doesn't turn out correctly or it is horrible that i will take them to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner...well I still haven't had to take them for dinner.

chefheidi2003 said:
I know that I can't wait to get home to look at my recipe. I think I would love to try this. Is it by chance the recipe that is in the SS pan on the front of the mini catalog?? I think my family will love it though. I live with my mom and my sister so they always have to taste test all of the new recipes. I always tell them that if it doesn't turn out correctly or it is horrible that i will take them to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner...well I still haven't had to take them for dinner.

That is great! I've only messed a couple of recipes up.... I added way too much salt to mashed potatoes once, well okay so I tried using leftover salt potatoes to make mashed potatoes....ew! and then I've also made an alfredo "monster" ....once.... I guess I stirred too much/long! haha

Goes well with rice as a side dish.

I added a bit of pressed garlic to the recipe

Can someone post this recipe? Sounds like a good one for dinner tonight!

Yes please post...I am at work and would love to try the recipe tonight

I will definitely have to try it I love mushrooms! Thanks for posting!

2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4-6 oz)
Salt & ground black pepper
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp butter
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 medium shallot, finely chopped
1/4 cup dry white wine such as a Sauvignon Blanc
3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess; set aside. Heat oil and butter in 8-in saute pan over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until butter is foamy. Place chicken in pan; cook undistubed 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Turn chicken over; place pan in oven and bake 8-10 minutes or until internal temperature reads 170F in thickest part of breast. Remove pan from oven with oven mitts. Remove chicken from saute pan; tent iwth foil.
  2. Holding handle with oven mitt, return pan to stovetop. Add mushrooms and shallot; cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until shallot is fragrant. Add wine and simmer until liquid is reduced by half (about 1-2 minutes). Add cream and parsley simmer an additional 1-2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Season to taste with additional salt and black pepper. Slice chicken on a bias; serve with sauce.
Yield: 2 servings
US Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Protein 29 g, Sodium 390 mg, Fiber less than 1 g.

Attachments

• Chicken and mushroom.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
:) Bump...so I can go to the grocery store soon!

Oops...thanks Tasha!
If I had been patient one more second I wouldn't have had to bump!

No problem. Enjoy the recipe. I need to get the ingredients to make this. I think I'll make it for friday night dinner.

Not sure if anyone watched the training DVD (we watched a training deal at my cluster meeting) about stainless steel, this suace is what he demos. It looks really easy to make. It will be my first time deglazing a pan. I wish I could get my DH to eat mushrooms. I LOVE mushrooms, so finding subsitutes can get a little trickey. ;)

I give it two thumbs up!:thumbup: :thumbup:
I made this tonight and it turned out pretty good! I used what I had in my pantry which was a blush wine and it still turned out fine. DH thought that the black pepper overpowered the taste of it and I forgot to add garlic, like someone suggested. But I would make this again, and definitely a good one for guests. In a serving dish it would look like it was very complicated to make with the mushrooms and all!

P.S. I would double the sauce recipe, though, if serving with rice, to give each guest enough sauce to spoon over their chicken and rice.

Last edited:
TwinGirlsMom said:
P.S. I would double the sauce recipe, though, if serving with rice, to give each guest enough sauce to spoon over their chicken and rice.

Thanks for that info. I like a lot of sauce/gravy. :D

This recipe is absolutely delicious! I actually did it today on my portable induction cooker. I decided to surprise my husband at lunch and it came out mmmmmm! I served it with rice made in the rice cooker of course. I think next time I will serve it with new potatoes.

I highly recommend it!

micocina said:
This recipe is absolutely delicious! I actually did it today on my portable induction cooker. I decided to surprise my husband at lunch and it came out mmmmmm! I served it with rice made in the rice cooker of course. I think next time I will serve it with new potatoes.

I highly recommend it!
I hope you saved me some!!!

Thanks for all the replies ladies. I did make it for supper tonight and it turned out very well. I really liked it. I ended up serving mashed potatoes and green beans with it.

MMMMM and you didn't invite the rest of us over for dinner...I am so disappointed.

tlennhoff said:
Thanks for that info. I like a lot of sauce/gravy. :D

We do too! I don't care for my rice to be dry, and DH loves to smother chicken in sauce on his plate!

chefheidi2003 said:
MMMMM and you didn't invite the rest of us over for dinner...I am so disappointed.

Heidi - it would have been a long drive/flight to get to my house by dinner time!

I want to try this recipe, but we don't drink wine in our house. Is there a substitution for the wine in the recipe that I could use? I hate to go buy a bottle of wine to only use that little bit.

Chicken broth. We don't drink wine either. Sometimes for recipes I will buy a bottle of wine then make several dishes that call for it in the next few weeks. I have no idea if it's still good for that long, but I kept a bottle in the fride for about 6 months doing different recipes with it (white wine).

Great! Chicken broth is definately something I have in the pantry. Thank you!

Related to Sauteed Chicken With Mushroom Sauce

What is the recipe for sauteed chicken with mushroom sauce?

The recipe for sauteed chicken with mushroom sauce can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in their recipe book. It typically includes chicken breasts, mushrooms, garlic, chicken broth, and heavy cream.

Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?

Yes, you can use any type of protein you prefer such as beef, pork, or tofu. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Can I substitute the heavy cream for a lighter option?

Yes, you can use a lighter option such as half and half or milk, but the sauce may not be as creamy and rich as it would be with heavy cream.

Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the sauteed chicken with mushroom sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, reheat it in a pan or in the microwave.

What are some side dishes that pair well with this dish?

This dish pairs well with a variety of side dishes such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a side salad. It also goes well with rice or pasta if you prefer a heartier meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ngrawer
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies