• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Santoku Knife Review: Experience Perfect Slicing with this Amazing Tool!

I get 33%... so close... maybe I'll sell a few things on eBay and place a catalog order for myself LOL)In summary, the conversation was mainly about the excitement over the new Santoku knife and how amazing it is. Some people were lucky enough to earn it through the June Sell-A-Thon, while others are planning to purchase it at a discount. There was also some discussion about the possibility of ordering it as a sample and the disappointment of not being able to earn it despite their hard work. Overall, everyone is eager to get their hands on the Santoku knife and some have even seen it in person and can attest to its quality.
DebbieJ
OMG you guys. This knife is AWESOME! I just sliced paper thin slices of granny smith apple.

Amazing!

Me TOO! I was at my director's house and she got hers and when I got home, mine was on my porch! YAY! I chopped, diced, and minced some carrots. AWESOME!!!

Cannot wait for mine to arrive!!!

No fair:p I'll be ordering mine with my discount when I have the extra $$

I can't wait to get mine too. I hope we all sell a lot of these.

Anybody else get there knife yet? I was hoping to see the cute guy in brown today but no luck:( . Maybe Monday, I can't wait to get the knife and all my free stuff and the new catalogs. I have a few people who want to see the new catalog before committing to a date.
:eek:

We are GETTING FREE STUFF????

PLEASE tell me you aren't just teasing..... ;)

Sorry I was talking about the June Sell - A thon stuff that I won.

Chef Michelle D said:
You didn't win it, you EARNED it!:)

I haven't used my Santuko yet, but the other knives are awesome!!:D The Santuko comes with a yummy Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice recipe that sounds awesome and I'll have to try that one this weekend! If I don't melt first in this nearly 100 degree heat that we're expecting (the heat index will push it to like 105 or more).

Well good for you!
Chef Michelle D said:

LOL I figured that it was something like that.....booo hoo..... lol

But yay for you working so hard! ;)

SantokuHello all!

I wasn't able to earn the new products, so I will be ordering the sample packages. I can't seem to locate the Santoku on the Sample Product Order Form.:confused: Are we able to order it as a sample? I hope so!

Thanks for the help.

Mishy1216 said:
Hello all!

I wasn't able to earn the new products, so I will be ordering the sample packages. I can't seem to locate the Santoku on the Sample Product Order Form.:confused: Are we able to order it as a sample? I hope so!

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately no it is not available as an half-price item on the sample form. They gave us an opportunity to earn it (we won't get into that again:rolleyes: ) and not too many people did earn it. :( But some fellow cheffers did earn it and we're happy for them!:D The only way you can purchase it is by placing an personal order and getting it at 20% off.

Thanks for the update. I will order it at the 20%.

Or if you can stand it wait until September 1 and put together a $300 catalog show and get it as one of your half off products. Or wait until October 1 and put together a $150 catalog show and get it for 60% off.

I got all the other knives (2 in my director kit and 2 for 50% off) so I am waiting until October and getting it for 60% off. I hate to wait but I will not buy it for my discount - protesting that that was the best they would do even for those that TRIED to earn it and went over and above...

I can show the other knives. That will demo the quality. The Santoku knife will sell itself from the photo until I get mine.

I soooo wanted to earn this knife! I worked my butt off in June, submitted 7 shows and $3,096 in sales! I got level 2 of sell-a-thon but no Santuko :( My Team was close... but not close enough to make it! The other half of our Team (2 directors...) DID earn it, so we got to see this great knife at our Team BBQ last week! WOW!

I want this knife NOW! But, I will wait until October and get it for 60% off, with my first paycheck from my new part-time job (2nd job... 3rd counting PC, 4th counting being a Mom, 5th counting the fact that I am Camp Fire leader... I could go on, but I won't!! ACK!!!! :eek: lol You'd think I was a single Mom with all my jobs... but I do have a boyfriend who is supportive AND has a great job!!!! lol Guess I just like to keep busy... ANYWAY!!!!! lol)

I hope there isn't another Team challenge like this... but maybe they did it to motivate the Directors to be making consistent contact with their Team members. whatever... I just work my business and do what I can (and that July commission has me hungry for TPC!!!! I want TPC and directorship!!!!!!)

soccermama said:
I soooo wanted to earn this knife! I worked my butt off in June, submitted 7 shows and $3,096 in sales! I got level 2 of sell-a-thon but no Santuko :( My Team was close... but not close enough to make it! The other half of our Team (2 directors...) DID earn it, so we got to see this great knife at our Team BBQ last week! WOW!

I want this knife NOW! But, I will wait until October and get it for 60% off, with my first paycheck from my new part-time job (2nd job... 3rd counting PC, 4th counting being a Mom, 5th counting the fact that I am Camp Fire leader... I could go on, but I won't!! ACK!!!! :eek: lol You'd think I was a single Mom with all my jobs... but I do have a boyfriend who is supportive AND has a great job!!!! lol Guess I just like to keep busy... ANYWAY!!!!! lol)

I hope there isn't another Team challenge like this... but maybe they did it to motivate the Directors to be making consistent contact with their Team members. whatever... I just work my business and do what I can (and that July commission has me hungry for TPC!!!! I want TPC and directorship!!!!!!)
How could only 1/2 of your team earn this?

Exactly what Beth said. I have 2 from my director kit - and I will wait until October and order it at 60% off. I refuse to order it anyother way. I worked my butt of to earn it - our whole cluster did - and we have a girl in our cluster that is #18 in the whole company but our number of shows was set so high, it was nearly impossible. It sucks for us that really really tried to be brought down by those that did not.
I'm not fretting tho - I love the 2 I have. I would love to see stats on how the sell-a-thon went with how many they expected to give away vs how many they actually did give away.

1/2 my team... meaning that we meet with 2 directors... 1 director's team earned it, my director's team did not :( I have a recruit that I knew wasn't going to be doing her part, even though she said she would be submitting 2 shows... so I made sure that I had enough shows to cover hers, plus another 3 got submitted thanks to a last minute catalog show and last minute orders from friends and family!

I need to order one of the big kives, though! I earned the small one but that's not a size I use often (at home or at shows)...

I love the Santoku! I've had that type of knife on my wish list for at least three years. They aren't a knife you find in inexpensive cutlery lines, so I've never seen one before for less than $100. I've seen many of them for over $200! I got so excited over the picture that my husband was a little concerned about whether I would survive the arrival of the actual knife. Good news. I did.

LOL! Glad you survived the arrival of the knife ;)

MY John was with me at the Team Meeting when we got to see the mini catalog with the new products. HE was just as excited as ME! LOL

Cindycooks said:
I would love to see stats on how the sell-a-thon went with how many they expected to give away vs how many they actually did give away.
I can't recall where I heard it but the stats that I heard were that they expected 1200 teams to earn the knife and only about 300 teams earned it.

Just used my knife and LOVE it! I hope they sell well!

Related to Santoku Knife Review: Experience Perfect Slicing with this Amazing Tool!

What is a Santoku knife?

A Santoku knife is a type of kitchen knife that originated in Japan. It is typically shorter and wider than a traditional chef's knife and has a flat edge instead of a curved one. It is designed for slicing, dicing, and chopping vegetables, meat, and fish.

What makes the Santoku knife different from other kitchen knives?

The Santoku knife has a unique design that sets it apart from other kitchen knives. It has a flat edge, which allows for a more precise and clean cut. It also has a shorter and wider blade, which makes it easier to control and maneuver while cutting.

Is the Santoku knife suitable for all types of slicing and chopping?

Yes, the Santoku knife is versatile and can be used for a variety of slicing and chopping tasks. It is especially useful for slicing and dicing vegetables, as its flat edge helps prevent them from sticking to the blade.

What are the benefits of using a Santoku knife?

The Santoku knife offers several benefits for home cooks and professional chefs alike. Its unique design allows for precise and clean cuts, making food preparation more efficient. It is also lightweight and easy to handle, reducing the risk of hand fatigue. Additionally, the Santoku knife is made from high-quality materials, ensuring durability and long-lasting sharpness.

How do I care for my Santoku knife?

To keep your Santoku knife in top condition, it is important to properly care for it. Always hand wash and dry your knife after use, as putting it in the dishwasher can dull the blade. Store it in a knife block or sheath to protect the blade and keep it sharp. Regularly sharpening and honing the blade will also help maintain its sharpness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TinasKitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
CookingwithMary
  • afokkema4u
  • Products and Tips
Replies