• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which is Better: Sam's Club or Costco for Business Supplies?

I go to Costco because they have higher end products for great prices, including designer clothes and a wide variety of organic foods. They also have cheaper prices for items such as printer ink, envelopes, stamps, and labels compared to big box office supply stores. I also admire Costco's owner and their work ethic and philosophy. They have a high employee retention rate and treat their employees well, unlike Sam's Club. I prefer to spend my money at a place where employees are happy and provide excellent customer service. While I also have a membership at both places, I prefer Sam's Club because they consistently carry the same items and I can plan my menus ahead of time for my family of 8. I also buy some business supplies at Sam's Club and
ksmedic
Hello All my PC friends!

Just wondering if anyone uses Sam's Club or Costco for any of their business items, folders, pens, food purchases, etc? Do you have a business account? Which do you go to Sams or Costco? Which do you like better and why???

Thanks as always for the great feedback!!

I go to Costco.

I have a regular membership, and that works fine for me. I choose Costco, because they have higher end products for great prices. I love that I can get bargain basement prices on designer clothes, etc...plus they carry a wide variety of organic canned, frozen, and fresh foods.

I buy printer ink, envelopes, stamps, labels, etc...at Costco. MUCH cheaper than any of the Big Box Office Supply stores!

I also admire Costco's owner, and his work ethic, and philosophy. Costco has the highest retention rate for employees in a retail/wholesale business, and they treat their employees very well. The same cannot be said for Sam's.
(I know this first hand, as my Mom worked in 3 Sam's Clubs before retiring....and I know that Costco employees starting wage is higher than her's was when she retired after 20 years w/ the WalMart Co.)

So, I'd rather shop and spend my money @ at place where I know the people are happy to be working there. I always get excellent customer service @ Costco.

I have no choice...we only have Sam's club. I get my paper (the premium works so much better in my copiers), my computer ink and shipping tape. Other than that, I try to only get paper products for my home...I can lay down some serious money here so I have to be very careful!!

I have both...and a business membership with Costco because I'm under my dad's membership which is through his business. I like Sam's Club's "Click & Pull" service, which allows me to "order" online and go pick it up and pay for it at the store. It's all in carts and ready to go, they scan a barcode that prints out on the order and it goes into the register all at once. I use that ALOT for events at church when I'm buying food for 400+ people at a time. I get certain products at each so I like having both (I don't pay for either). I've never specifically gotten business supplies there.

Costco is evil. It's hard to get out of there for under $200.

I USED to buy biz supplies there but have found Ebay to have better deals on labels, printer ink...etc. I do buy bulk printer paper at Sam's or Costco tho.
I like to buy big things (computers, camera's...etc) at Costco b/c you cannot beat their warranty or customer service.

I like Sam's Club for their clothes. REALLY, REALLY cheap and EXCELLENT quality. There are a few other things we buy at Sam's that are cheaper than at Costco....or carry products we like that Costco doesn't carry (Bounty select-a-size paper towels..etc).

Dog food is best purchased at either place. Cheaper than most places.

I am more partial to Costco but really like both and enjoy having memberships to both places.

I have both, but prefer Sam's club only because I plan my menus ahead of time (to save $$ and make life easier with a family of 8) and Sam's seems to carry the same items all the time. When I try to buy food @ Costco, sometimes they have an item I planned to use, sometimes they don't.

I do buy some business supplies @ Sam's and have been happy so far :)

ChefBeckyD said:
I go to Costco.

I have a regular membership, and that works fine for me. I choose Costco, because they have higher end products for great prices. I love that I can get bargain basement prices on designer clothes, etc...plus they carry a wide variety of organic canned, frozen, and fresh foods.

I buy printer ink, envelopes, stamps, labels, etc...at Costco. MUCH cheaper than any of the Big Box Office Supply stores!

I also admire Costco's owner, and his work ethic, and philosophy. Costco has the highest retention rate for employees in a retail/wholesale business, and they treat their employees very well. The same cannot be said for Sam's.
(I know this first hand, as my Mom worked in 3 Sam's Clubs before retiring....and I know that Costco employees starting wage is higher than her's was when she retired after 20 years w/ the WalMart Co.)

So, I'd rather shop and spend my money @ at place where I know the people are happy to be working there. I always get excellent customer service @ Costco.

I get all those things and so much more when they carry them or have them on sale. You never know what you may find at Costco.

I highly recommend the Premium Membership. You get 2% back on ALL purchases except stamps (we get our cell phones, TV's, everything at Costco for rock bottom prices). If for some reason you don't spend enough in one year to get your membership for FREE for the next year with your 2% back check, you take it to the membership desk and Costco will make up the difference.

I have a Costco Executive Membership. Even though Sam's Club is in my backyard, I will drive the extra 10 mins to Costco. I agree with everything Becky said. Plus we love to eat lunch there. Last night I finally ordered our Christmas cards on Costco.com. Took me a few minutes, they'll be ready today. 75 photo cards and envelopes for $20--can't be beat.

DebbieJ said:
I have a Costco Executive Membership. Even though Sam's Club is in my backyard, I will drive the extra 10 mins to Costco. I agree with everything Becky said. Plus we love to eat lunch there.

Last night I finally ordered our Christmas cards on Costco.com. Took me a few minutes, they'll be ready today. 75 photo cards and envelopes for $20--can't be beat.

Oh, yeah - and Lunch too! :D Can't go to Costco w/o getting lunch! Where else can you feed yourself and your 5 yr. old for under $5? If we're there at an off-meal time, we treat ourselves to the BEST frozen yogurt!

Don't get biz supplies at Costco but get my milk there every week. The price just went up from $2.09/gallon to $2.13/gallon, about half the price in the local supermarket. I am often in there just for milk. Plus, we get our gas there. What we save on gas more than pays for the membership fee. I'm about 1 mile from Costco. When we move next year, being away from Costco is going to be my biggest loss.

I get my milk at Aldi. Always $1.99 or lower. It was $1.49 this week!Just filled up my gas tank at Costco today, though. It was 6 cents cheaper than the two stations by my house.

Becca_in_MD said:
Don't get biz supplies at Costco but get my milk there every week. The price just went up from $2.09/gallon to $2.13/gallon, about half the price in the local supermarket. I am often in there just for milk. Plus, we get our gas there. What we save on gas more than pays for the membership fee. I'm about 1 mile from Costco. When we move next year, being away from Costco is going to be my biggest loss.

Yes, and the milk is always dated 3 weeks out or more, it is the freshest you can find. Can't beat the banana's either, local grocer's are 99 cents a pound... Costco you can get THREE or sometimes FOUR pounds for $1.30!!!!!

I love their take and bake Pizza's THE BEST!

I have an executive membership at Costco. I love it. Gas is super cheap there. We went online and bought cheap checks through them. Also, when we were going to be selling our home, we went online and signed up for their referral program for a realtor. We were assigned a realtor and then at the closing we got some $ back. :)Our Costco seems to keep the same items in stock, so I haven't had the issue of not being able to rely on certain things being there for recipes. I wonder if that varies from place to place?I'd buy their milk but I'm not a fan of their bottle design. Unless they've changed them...I haven't looked at the milk section in a while.I tend to spend too much $ there, so I don't go very often.Oooh, I love the chicken dumplings you can buy in the freezer section. SO YUMMY! :) And I bought a case of this really yummy French Bread. It was a whole bunch of partially baked loaves. I thought it would come in handy with wanting to do a quick appetizer w/ the dipping oils at shows, or just to throw in the oven real quick to go with dinner.

robochick84 said:
Yes, and the milk is always dated 3 weeks out or more, it is the freshest you can find. Can't beat the banana's either, local grocer's are 99 cents a pound... Costco you can get THREE or sometimes FOUR pounds for $1.30!!!!!

I love their take and bake Pizza's THE BEST!

Yes, to everything you posted! Bananas are cheap, and always great quality.

Take and Bake Pizzas are a great deal!

Oh, and you can always get huge, very high quality pineapples for $2.79. (that's the price at my Club) Oh - and whole chicken is always .89 a lb!

We are going there today! I have a return to make and ingredients to buy for homemade ice cream! DS and I will be eating Lunch there today!

babywings76 said:
I'd buy their milk but I'm not a fan of their bottle design. Unless they've changed them...I haven't looked at the milk section in a while.

You could always pour it into the family size quick stir pitcher!! I always fumble with their milk containers too , especially when they are full.

They have some great photo deals with companies that do photobooks and photoDVD's.... I just had both done for different things to do with our upcoming wedding for around $20.

1. What are the benefits of shopping at Sam's Club or Costco?

Shopping at Sam's Club or Costco offers a variety of benefits, including bulk discounts, a wide selection of products, and exclusive deals for members. These stores also often have a gas station, pharmacy, and optical center on site for added convenience.

2. Do I need a membership to shop at Sam's Club or Costco?

Yes, both Sam's Club and Costco require a membership to shop at their stores. However, they offer different types of memberships at different price points to fit your needs and budget.

3. How do I become a member of Sam's Club or Costco?

To become a member of Sam's Club or Costco, you can sign up online or in-store. Simply fill out an application and pay the membership fee. You will then receive a membership card and can start shopping immediately.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef consultant discount at Sam's Club or Costco?

No, unfortunately your Pampered Chef consultant discount cannot be used at Sam's Club or Costco. However, you can still take advantage of the bulk discounts and exclusive deals offered at these stores.

5. Are there any restrictions on what I can purchase at Sam's Club or Costco?

There may be some restrictions on certain products at Sam's Club or Costco, such as large appliances or furniture, which may require an additional fee for delivery or installation. Additionally, some products may only be available for purchase in bulk quantities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views
laurieandjaffy
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
julia.poe