• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sales Killer #2: How to Avoid Talking Too Much and Improve Sales | Chef Success

In summary, Cyndi recommends that sales professionals ask questions to get clients talking in order to figure out what
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
From this thread http://www.chefsuccess.com/f3/top-10-sales-killers-41559/#post516831
Sales Killer #2: Talking too much. When you're talking, you're telling. When you ask questions to get clients talking about their needs, you're selling; you're finding out what they want to own. Only then can you guide them to the right product or service.
I think I talk to much - especially with recruiting.What are some of the questions you use to get people talking and to help guide them?

I tend to have vomit of the mouth when recruiting too.....I just have so much that I love & want to share, LOL!
Love to hear the responses...

Yeah - Lacy and I need to know - because we have a date at Leadership....and in Miami, so we have to kick this recruiting thing into gear!

That's right Becky:D
I'm going to work on my dream board tonight---I got one of those tourist books for Miami at conference to cut pics out of:thumbup:

I do that too. If I'm talking on the phone to someone, I literally cover my mouth and let them answer and talk. In person, I just keep repeating in my head "be quiet, be quiet, be quiet." It's still hard for me though.:blushing:

Here's a book I highly recommend! It teaches what my mentor terms "The Consultative Approach."I truly believe it is essential to anyone in sales. Teaches you how to make sure that the transaction is a win-win for everyone!http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0446695181/?tag=pfamazon01-20

CyndiWilliams said:
Here's a book I highly recommend!

It teaches what my mentor terms "The Consultative Approach."

I truly believe it is essential to anyone in sales. Teaches you how to make sure that the transaction is a win-win for everyone!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0446695181/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Thanks Cyndi! I just went and read an exerpt from the book - it looks really good!

ChefBeckyD said:
From this thread http://www.chefsuccess.com/f3/top-10-sales-killers-41559/#post516831
Sales Killer #2: Talking too much. When you're talking, you're telling. When you ask questions to get clients talking about their needs, you're selling; you're finding out what they want to own. Only then can you guide them to the right product or service.
I think I talk to much - especially with recruiting.

What are some of the questions you use to get people talking and to help guide them?
1. What do you like to do for fun?
2. What did you have for dinner last night?
3. Do you have kids at home? Pets?
4. If someone just handed you $500, how would you spend it?
5. What is your favorite thing to cook? ...or bake? ...or do you like to eat out?
6. What do you want to be when you grow up? (Always gets a little chuckle).

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks Cyndi! I just went and read an exerpt from the book - it looks really good!

You are very welcome. :)

The main thing that that book teaches is how to keep the focus off of "you" and, instead, focus on what the customer needs/wants. When you do that, coming up with the questions to ask becomes easier.

Pampered Chef has MANY MANY Solutions... We, as Consultants, just need to determine what the guests "needs" are and help provide the appropriate solutions to meet those needs. (IMHO)

Happy Tuesday,
Cyndi

ChefBeckyD said:

I think I talk to much - especially with recruiting.

What are some of the questions you use to get people talking and to help guide them?

OH crud, I'm in trouble. I talk a lot!!

Kris gave me a great game/idea for NOT vomitting on folks at my shows....she does the "Ask Me Anything" game AND as she answers their question with a short answer and then another question.....
EXAMPLE:
guest-How much money do you make?
Meg-I make enough to pay our mortgage....how much would you need to make?

It keeps the attention on them, not you!

1. How can I avoid talking too much during a sales pitch?

One way to avoid talking too much during a sales pitch is to practice active listening. This means paying attention to your customer's needs and responding with relevant information rather than talking at them. It's also helpful to pause and allow your customer to ask questions or share their thoughts.

2. What are some common signs that I am talking too much during a sales pitch?

Some common signs that you may be talking too much during a sales pitch include your customer looking bored or disengaged, not asking questions, or trying to end the conversation quickly. Pay attention to your customer's body language and verbal cues to gauge whether you are talking too much.

3. How can I improve my sales by talking less?

By talking less and listening more, you can better understand your customer's needs and tailor your pitch to meet those needs. This can lead to more meaningful conversations and a better connection with your customer, ultimately increasing the chances of making a sale.

4. What are some techniques for avoiding talking too much?

One technique for avoiding talking too much is to ask open-ended questions that encourage your customer to talk. This allows you to gather information and understand their needs without dominating the conversation. Another technique is to use the 80/20 rule, where you listen for 80% of the conversation and talk for 20%.

5. How can I strike a balance between talking enough and talking too much during a sales pitch?

Finding the balance between talking enough and talking too much takes practice. One tip is to pay attention to your customer's feedback and adjust accordingly. If you notice that they are disengaged, try asking a question or allowing them to share their thoughts. It's also helpful to have a clear understanding of the key points you want to convey and stick to those rather than rambling on for too long.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
merego
  • Tina Berger