• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

SA Dots Debate: What's the Verdict?

In summary, the conversation revolved around opinions on the new SA dots products. Some loved them, while others preferred the previous season's squares. Some thought the dots were limiting for entertaining, while others saw them as a fun addition. There was also discussion about the round SA platter fitting in the woven tray, and excitement over the dots apron received at Leadership. The conversation also veered into a discussion about the TV show Animaniacs and the spelling of characters' names.
That's why Simple Additions is so great! Everyone can find something they like, and all the pieces still go together, even the different patterns.I agree that the plain is a little more formal, but the dots mugs will be so cute and cheery for my morning coffee. And the shape reminds me of the mugs they used at Central Perk on Friends.

I don't care for the stripes or tiles. I probably won't buy any dots either. I'll just have the ones from the samples.

nikkijo said:
I saw my directors apron and I fell in love with it! I wish that they would make them available for sale for us consultants. It's still special for the people at leadership because they got it for free!

OMG. could it be any cuter! I so want one!:(

Mine's even better with my name in Lilac. :) That's an advantage to having an embroidery machine.

chefann said:
Mine's even better with my name in Lilac. :) That's an advantage to having an embroidery machine.

Are you bragging, Ann? :)

I love the apron, but I don't love that it's white! I'm terrified I'll ruin it...

chefann said:
So when are we going to see you modeling it? :confused:

chefann said:

white and nerdy
:D
nuff' said, Love you ann!

Just got this email from HO...

Laura,
Clerical support will send out the item once they are returned from Leadership. This may take up to 3-4 weeks. Thank you.
Meetings & Incentives Dept.

I love this company. That is all. :D

Laura,

How awesome that they are sending you a new one!!!

I (heart) Pampered Chef!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
So when are we going to see you modeling it? :confused:

YEAH!! IN your "BIG" Texas hair LOL!!!! I'll drink to that!!!

Pampered Laura said:
Just got this email from HO...

Laura,
Clerical support will send out the item once they are returned from Leadership. This may take up to 3-4 weeks. Thank you.
Meetings & Incentives Dept.

I love this company. That is all. :D

LAURA THAT IS AWESOME!!!

gilliandanielle said:
I don't really like the stripes or tiles, but I love the dots!!
that's my thought exactly! I've only liked a few SA peices, since the very first line, the cranberry medium squares were great, and the original entertaining set, I like the new colored small bowls, but think that they are expensive, I also like the 3 tiered stand and that would be about it! But I like the dots, way better than stripes or tiles, but that's jmho!;) :D

Last edited:
PCGINA said:
YEAH!! IN your "BIG" Texas hair LOL!!!! I'll drink to that!!!
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
And nothing else? :eek:

Funny story about that...

A few years ago I was doing a show and someone noticed the "I offer theme parties" sticker on the front of the catalog. (I used to put about 15 stickers on and in each catalog - what a waste of time!) Well, she asked what that meant. I told her that it was a Kitchen Show, but with some sort of theme like Death by Chocolate, Mexican Fiesta or whatever. She said, "Well, I'm a nudist. How about a nude show?" I couldn't believe I thought of it, but I replied that, "For safety's sake, I'd have to insist on wearing an apron."

Remember.... never fry bacon naked! :D

LOL!! That would be an "interesting" show!! LOL LOL LOL

MissChef said:
that's my thought exactly! I've only liked a few SA peices, since the very first line, the cranberry medium squares were great, and the original entertaining set, I like the new colored small bowls, but think that they are expensive, I also like the 3 tiered stand and that would be about it! But I like the dots, way better than stripes or tiles, but that's jmho!;) :D

You know, I didn't see the whole hoopla about SA until I had acquired a small collection. Then I started mixing and matching and playing around and now I LOVELOVELOVE LOVELOVELOVE them!!!!

Maybe you just don't have enough to feel the love yet?

They're "Kitchen Legos!" Mix and match, stack and build! Just having one or two isn't nearly as fun as having the set.

The dots are much nicer in person than in the pics, too. I was iffy about the tiles pattern, until I actually saw one in the Product room at Conference. Much nicer face to face. The dots are the same way. Yes, they're a little more casual, but that's perfect for summer!

Ok, so I guess I am dumb, but where are the pix of the new dots.... I obviously didn't go to Leadership... :)

chefann said:
Funny story about that...

A few years ago I was doing a show and someone noticed the "I offer theme parties" sticker on the front of the catalog. (I used to put about 15 stickers on and in each catalog - what a waste of time!) Well, she asked what that meant. I told her that it was a Kitchen Show, but with some sort of theme like Death by Chocolate, Mexican Fiesta or whatever. She said, "Well, I'm a nudist. How about a nude show?" I couldn't believe I thought of it, but I replied that, "For safety's sake, I'd have to insist on wearing an apron."

Remember.... never fry bacon naked! :D
Well? How big was your show? :confused:

The "Naked Chef" show never happened. I think she was just asking to shock me.

Jaye- the special edition newsletter is up on Consultant's Corner, and it includes pics of all the new spring products.

Too bad! I would have brought the donuts.

<grin!>

I would have needed hairnets.

eeeeeuuuuwwwww........

chefann said:
<grin!>

I would have needed hairnets.

eeeeeuuuuwwwww........
Does anyone make a fishnet jock? :confused:

DebbieJ said:
You know, I didn't see the whole hoopla about SA until I had acquired a small collection. Then I started mixing and matching and playing around and now I LOVELOVELOVE LOVELOVELOVE them!!!!

Maybe you just don't have enough to feel the love yet?
No, I have plenty of them! I like the original ones, as a matter of fact they are my dishes! But all the stripes and tiles, I can't get into that! I have quite a few of those peices too, because I earned them! I just don't like them! I love the SA idea, I don't like the stripes and tiles! I have mixed and matched and just don't like it! I am interested in the dots though and can't wait until my new products arive!
I do agree with you about not understanding the hoopla though, I remember sitting at National Conference when they announced them and was like "okay, so now what?! woopie!" But I was a director back then and I recieved a ton of them because not only did I earn my director's package but I earned all the levels in the sell-a-thon, so I got lots! Now I love them, just not all the designs!
Good thought though! ;)

I agree. I thought the whole point of the white (and black) was that they
could go with any decor, any season etc. I like the lavender & greens because they go with my regular dishes but I totally prefer the plain
white!!

PamperChefCarol said:
I am in the minority here, but I didn't like the tiles, and even though the dots are cute, I think from an entertaining stand point, they are limiting.

If $$ was an issue (and who doesn't have issue with $$ or lack thereof) you want to have pieces that go with anything and allow any type of food to look good. Pieces that can be used for any season or holiday and just changed with linens, or candles, or stuff like that. I guess that is why I like the simple white pieces so much. Then again, there is the whole storage issue too.

But like I said, the dots are cute. Much cuter that the tiles, IMO.

Yes I don't like the aprons... I do however like the dots..very fun..but its the white of the apron that kills me. I am sooo messy when it comes to this. As it is...I feel like when I start doing these parties in nice houses and I have stuff flying every where, they may just throw me out...dots and all...LOL

I don't care for the color of the dots. I really love the pink polka dot cups and squares from HWC last year. I wish that pattern came in other pieces.

What they should do are the dots in shades of the same color. For example turquoise/sea green/aqua colors from last summer, or pink/cranberry/eggplant - you get the idea. Maybe they could have done the stripes, and tiles, in a similar fashion?

I have a lot of the white pieces, which go with just about everything and ever kind of food. I also like the squares with the cranberry edge although I do not have a set yet.

Linda

adventurechef said:
I don't care for the color of the dots. I really love the pink polka dot cups and squares from HWC last year. I wish that pattern came in other pieces.

What they should do are the dots in shades of the same color. For example turquoise/sea green/aqua colors from last summer, or pink/cranberry/eggplant - you get the idea. Maybe they could have done the stripes, and tiles, in a similar fashion?

Those would be cute, but I think HO is mindful of having too many pieces that go in and out of the catalog frequently because of color, etc. That's one of the things that drew me to PC instead of other companies - they have too much changeover of product line, and since customers want to see it in person, it would be too much to purchase and keep track of.

I'm hoping for more triangles with triangles on them.
I'd also like to see us do a larger serving piece in white with "valleys" in them I have several from Williams Sonoma & crate & Barrel that are shaped like a waving flag, a swirl, etc they are great for buffet tables with assorted olives, M &M s etc.
Teresa

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Frugalli
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Pamela Cetin
  • Hannaberry
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
byrd1956