• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

SA Dots Debate: What's the Verdict?

In summary, the conversation revolved around opinions on the new SA dots products. Some loved them, while others preferred the previous season's squares. Some thought the dots were limiting for entertaining, while others saw them as a fun addition. There was also discussion about the round SA platter fitting in the woven tray, and excitement over the dots apron received at Leadership. The conversation also veered into a discussion about the TV show Animaniacs and the spelling of characters' names.
rennea
Gold Member
I'm on the fence about the SA dots, what does everyone else think??

I think they are really nice. A good mix with the stripes and tiles.

LOVE EM! They are so cute and work so well with the rest of the SA products. I'm not too happy about them being round because SA was different. However, maybe people want that!

I prefer the squares from last season but they are also on square containers - Now there are dots on round plates and bowls - They keep changing the colors and there will be somone interested in that particular seasons. Can't please everyone every season.

Love all SA, striped, squares, dots!

I don't really like the stripes or tiles, but I love the dots!!

I think the dots look happy. :) And the dots apron we got at Leadership is toooo cute! I embroidered my name on mine in the Lilac color. Now I can't wait for a Feb. show to wear it (not gonna wear it in Jan., since I still need some Feb. bookings, and it promotes a new item).

OMG! A dots apron!!?? How adorable!

gilliandanielle said:

I WANT 1.................:eek: :eek: :eek:

I love that they came out w/round SA. We now need round baskets!

I fell in the love with the dots when I saw a piture of one sa dots bowl flipped over and another one on top of it. It was so cute!

I didn't like the squares last season until I held one in my hand and then wanted them all!!

I wonder if the round SA platter fits in the woven? It would have been smart to do!!

gilliandanielle said:
I wonder if the round SA platter fits in the woven? It would have been smart to do!!

I hope so, it would help us "sell" the woven. I love our woven but some people says it's to expensive.

It does fit in the Round Woven!!

I LOVE mine, which is weird because I thought they were so stupid up until I owned one. I guess I am just growing up, LOL!

BethCooks4U said:
It does fit in the Round Woven!!

Yah!! Thanks Beth!

Love the dots...not a big fan of the stripes.

Ginger428 said:
I WANT 1.................:eek: :eek: :eek:
Me too! They should give optional Aprons for sale to us on Supply! I can't wait for the pink HWC apron!

I never wear an apron, but the pink one might just change my mind!

I love the dots! Polka dots are my favorite pattern, so it's a sure thing for me. I think they look even better with the tiles, very fresh.

I love the stripes too, just not with the dots! I'm a SA fool though. :)

I am in the minority here, but I didn't like the tiles, and even though the dots are cute, I think from an entertaining stand point, they are limiting.

If $$ was an issue (and who doesn't have issue with $$ or lack thereof) you want to have pieces that go with anything and allow any type of food to look good. Pieces that can be used for any season or holiday and just changed with linens, or candles, or stuff like that. I guess that is why I like the simple white pieces so much. Then again, there is the whole storage issue too.

But like I said, the dots are cute. Much cuter that the tiles, IMO.

:p I LOVE the dots. I don't like the tiles, but I love the stripes. That's just me. I have one of the striped bowls, I can't wait to get the dots bowl.

I like Yacko the best, but Dot was pretty good!

animani.jpg

Oh, KG, do you just store these and pull them out of a hat??

rennea said:
I'm on the fence about the SA dots, what does everyone else think??
I LOVE them. It's Like a Party Everyday:D
Think of All the ways you can promote them.
Break into spring with some pizzazz Dot yourself.
Parties
The colors mix with soooooooooooooo much.
Good Luck

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I like Yacko the best, but Dot was pretty good!

animani.jpg

It's spelled Yakko. And Wakko.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Animaniacs! And their Psychiatrist, Dr. Scratchundsniff. And his assistant, Hello Nurse. And Ralph the Guard. And Pinky and The Brain.

See, KG, I knew there was a reason I liked you! Anyone who "gets" Animaniacs can't be half bad!

OMG - you got a dots apron at Leadership?!
If there is anyone who doesn;t want theirs I'd love to buy it from you!!!

the mini catalog shows the new SA Large Round Platter on the Woven Round Tray. Our woven selections I believe are top notch quality and a fraction of the cost of a Longaberger! Kristi

chefann said:
It's spelled Yakko. And Wakko.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Animaniacs! And their Psychiatrist, Dr. Scratchundsniff. And his assistant, Hello Nurse. And Ralph the Guard. And Pinky and The Brain.

See, KG, I knew there was a reason I liked you! Anyone who "gets" Animaniacs can't be half bad!
I didn't think anyone else got your Hello Nurse! reference in the other thread! ;)

I LOVE the Animaniacs! I used to work at Leaps and Bounds (indoor hamster cage for kids) and it was bought out by Discovery Zone. They had different songs, so I was able to get the Animaniacs CD from the ones they were getting rid of. And then at college I knew one of the hosts on the local Fox afternoon cartoon show (inbetween the shows and commercials). So, when Animaniacs moved from Fox, they got rid of all their stuff. I was able to score the folder that was sent to all Fox stations to promote the show - you can't get it ANYWHERE! It has pop-ups and bios for all the characters!

cmdtrgd said:
I LOVE the Animaniacs! I used to work at Leaps and Bounds (indoor hamster cage for kids) and it was bought out by Discovery Zone. They had different songs, so I was able to get the Animaniacs CD from the ones they were getting rid of. And then at college I knew one of the hosts on the local Fox afternoon cartoon show (inbetween the shows and commercials). So, when Animaniacs moved from Fox, they got rid of all their stuff. I was able to score the folder that was sent to all Fox stations to promote the show - you can't get it ANYWHERE! It has pop-ups and bios for all the characters!
I can't really speak for Ann but I will anyway...I think you're our new best friend! ;)

When I was sick and doing little more than laying in bed and being miserable, Pinky, Brain, Slappy, Hello Nurse and, of course, Yakko Wakko and Dot kept me laughing when there wasn't much to laugh about. There was a hystory show on then, too, but I didn't like that one as much.

I love love love Dots...Sooo cute...SNIIFFLE...a dots apron. HOLD ON A SEC......
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......Did I mention I hate the denim one. DOTS...oh soooo cute.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I can't really speak for Ann but I will anyway...I think you're our new best friend! ;)

When I was sick and doing little more than laying in bed and being miserable, Pinky, Brain, Slappy, Hello Nurse and, of course, Yakko Wakko and Dot kept me laughing when there wasn't much to laugh about. There was a hystory show on then, too, but I didn't like that one as much.

Woohoo! I'll have to find that CD and burn it for you two!

I loved Dots as a kid - we used to eat a ton of these!

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/images/candypix-pages/dots_small.jpg

No wonder I don't have any teeth.

I left my Dots apron sitting on my chair after lunch on Day 2. :( I have emailed and emailed... hoping they will send me another one!! :( :( :(

Oh Laura...I hope they send you another one. Does anyone have a picture of the apron? I would love to see it...maybe I should check ebay...just kidding...LOL

I rarely wear our apron because it doesn't fit right. Waaaahhh...I am holding out for a waist apron with 3 pockets. I bought a black one and I am trying to decide if I want to put something on it. Dots would be cute.

As for SA...I love the white and the bugundy and white. I wasn't really crazy about the stripes, and I hated the tiles. I am witholding judgement on the dots until I see and hold a bowl.

Love love love the dots! Can't wait to get my hands on those Dots Coffee & More cups!

I also love my apron. I wore it at BRU on Saturday. I love the embroidery idea, Ann!

Here you go!

Attachments

• dots apron.jpg
    dots apron.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 774
Shawnna said:
I rarely wear our apron because it doesn't fit right. Waaaahhh...I am holding out for a waist apron with 3 pockets. I bought a black one and I am trying to decide if I want to put something on it. Dots would be cute.
Dare I ask how an apron doesn't fit right? As you can see...<---------even a pink one fits me. The photo Marg put up is giving me an idea for an apron...

I love the dots and love the round shape! The stripes were okay, didn't like the squares too much, but love the dots. They are just FUN!

So we can't get the dot one if we didn't go to leadership?

gilliandanielle said:

When I saw the dots I just about wet my pants!!! I love dots!!!

I LOVE THE APRON!!! I was so busy chatting at lunch to notice what a nice gift we received. When I looked in my bag I saw a white apron - OK??

THEN - as we were leaving - I noticed that the "people herders" near our bus had a really cute apron with dots on it.... DUH!! and of course I had to shout
out, "I WANT ONE TOO!!!" - I was told to look in my bag:eek: I felt so stupid!!:eek:

I thought the whole thing would be dots... maybe I'll fake my own, LOL!

This sounds like a job for...Faster than a speeding artist's pen...More powerul than silk screen press...Able to leap shopping malls with a single web site...It's Yakko!No, it's Wakko!No, it's Dot!NO!!! It's SUPER CHEFFER!http://chefsuccess.com/customavatars/avatar9566_1.gif

I saw my directors apron and I fell in love with it! I wish that they would make them available for sale for us consultants. It's still special for the people at leadership because they got it for free!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
This sounds like a job for...

Faster than a speeding artist's pen...More powerul than silk screen press...Able to leap shopping malls with a single web site...

It's Yakko!

No, it's Wakko!

No, it's Dot!

NO!!! It's SUPER CHEFFER!

http://chefsuccess.com/customavatars/avatar9566_1.gif

And her trusty sidekick...Bob "The ink's not dry yet..." Jones!! LOL...:p

I saw the dot apron last night and it was ADORABLE!!! She wore it last night at our cluster meeting...my first one BTW and it was a hoot! It was white with the dots on the pockets of the apron-definitely adorable. I think JillySue would appreciate it because I'm so not an apron person either.

I like the dots. They're fun looking! I do like them better than the squares but I do like the fact that they're all still matching!!!

Me too!!
gilliandanielle said:
I don't really like the stripes or tiles, but I love the dots!!

Me too!! I prefer dots to stripes and tiles!! That is just my preference.

Debbie :D

IMO...the dots and tiles are cute, but for me, I went with all white everything....I used them at Christmas with centerpieces, etc....and I wouldn't have been able to if I had the tiles or dots! I may get a set of small bowls in one of the patterns, but that is probably it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Frugalli
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Pamela Cetin
  • Hannaberry
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • VictoriaH