• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Running Multiple Dsa Businesses

In summary, the conversation is about starting a new direct sales adventure and balancing it with an existing business. The individual is concerned about recruiting and bookings for both businesses and is seeking advice on how to manage both successfully. They mention feeling guilty for recruiting for one and not the other, and also express frustration with over-saturation in their current business. They are considering starting a new venture that compliments their current business without competing with it. They ask for tips from others who are managing multiple direct sales businesses.
nikked
Gold Member
Hello. I'm starting on a new adventure, and was wondering what those of you who do more than one DSA business do to make both successful.

I'm wondering about things like recruiting and bookings especially. Do you ever feel guilty for recruiting for one and not the other? How do you find your balance.

Any guidance and advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

That's great about your new company--I'm just starting with one too:)
The one I'm starting with I'm doing with my hubby which is exciting to me, because he's actually excited too. The company we're with doesn't have any products that come close to competing with PC, that's why I'm excited. We just couldn't pass up on the opportunity because it's actually a brand new company & you don't always get a chance to get in at the beginning, plus we know the couple that's starting it out of our hometown. It is tough though--I don't want to be like, here's my wonderful PC products but if you're not interested in that then take a look at these OTHER products!:rolleyes:
I have already contacted some of my preferred PC customers, and told them about my new company. Said that if they were interested in seeing the products or hearing about the company they could let me know. I said that PC is my #1 love, and I'd love to have them on my PC team also, but I'm starting a new venture to make some extra money so I can get my bigger house faster!
I am curious what others might have to say on the topic, since it is a new thing for me also:) Best of luck to you!

before i quit PC i was also selling Discovery Toys. I find it easier to sell the toys than PC. I think you just have to find the balance between the two. go by what your customers want and not what you want.

I can't imagine juggling two different direct sales businesses and managing to truly be successful in either. But that's just me...when I do something I put my all into it. Our company must feel the same way because once you promote to director you can't be a consultant for another company anyway.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but
nikked said:
Hello. I'm starting on a new adventure, and was wondering what those of you who do more than one DSA business do to make both successful.

I'm wondering about things like recruiting and bookings especially. Do you ever feel guilty for recruiting for one and not the other? How do you find your balance.

Any guidance and advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

You will have to resign as a Future Director with the Pampered Chef. You can be a consultant for 2 companies but you can not promote with either. I was going to start up with TOHE but because I want to promote so I chose to save my money.

PromotionI can maintain my future directorship, but cannot promote to director unless I leave the other company. That is something I am very aware of...

And one of the reasons why I am trying something new. It compliments TPC without competing, and is a newer company which has joined with an individual and a company within Direct Selling, poising it for great growth, quickly.

I have run into an "over saturation" problem with TPC where I am at. While I periodically do meet someone who has never heard of TPC, for the most part, at a show or one-on-one, I get, "TPC? Do you know so-and-so? They're my consultant."

So, needless to say, I am frustrated. I love TPC, and plan on maintaining TPC at my current level, while focusing on growth with the other company and seeing where that takes me.

So, any tips that those of you have done or are currently doing double duty can share would be greatly appreciated.

PromotionI can maintain my future directorship, but cannot promote to director unless I leave the other company. That is something I am very aware of...

And one of the reasons why I am trying something new. It compliments TPC without competing, and is a newer company which has joined with a well-established individual and company within Direct Selling, poising it for great growth, quickly.

I have run into an "over saturation" problem with TPC where I am at. While I periodically do meet someone who has never heard of TPC, for the most part, at a show or one-on-one, I get, "TPC? Do you know so-and-so? They're my consultant."

So, needless to say, I am frustrated. I love TPC, and plan on maintaining TPC at my current level, while focusing on growth with the other company and seeing where that takes me.

So, any tips that those of you have done or are currently doing double duty can share would be greatly appreciated.

nikked said:
I can maintain my future directorship, but cannot promote to director unless I leave the other company. That is something I am very aware of...

I glad for you that you can stay a future director I must have not read enough, I wish you luck which company is it? If you don't mind me asking.

I was not aware of that....but with my new company, my husband is actually signed up, & I'm just his 'co-sign'.

Check messages
bbauman07 said:
I glad for you that you can stay a future director I must have not read enough, I wish you luck which company is it? If you don't mind me asking.

I am sending a private message (or email)...and will send to any others curious...just being careful and respectful here!

Please send a request by EMAIL to [email protected] thanks!

Last edited:

Related to Running Multiple Dsa Businesses

1. How do I balance running multiple DSA businesses?

Balancing multiple DSA businesses can be a challenge, but it's important to prioritize and delegate tasks. Make a schedule and stick to it, and don't be afraid to ask for help from your team or hire an assistant to manage some of the workload.

2. Can I use the same strategies for all of my DSA businesses?

While there may be some overlap in strategies, it's important to tailor your approach to each individual business. Each business may have different target audiences, products, and goals, so it's important to adapt your strategies accordingly.

3. How can I effectively manage finances for multiple DSA businesses?

It's crucial to keep detailed records and budgets for each of your businesses. Consider hiring a financial advisor or using software to help you manage and track expenses and profits for each business separately.

4. Is it better to focus on one DSA business at a time or work on them simultaneously?

This ultimately depends on your personal preference and time management skills. Some people may find it easier to focus on one business at a time, while others may thrive on multitasking. It's important to experiment and find what works best for you.

5. How can I prevent burnout while running multiple DSA businesses?

Running multiple businesses can be stressful and overwhelming, so it's important to prioritize self-care and avoid overworking yourself. Take breaks, delegate tasks when possible, and make time for hobbies and activities outside of work to prevent burnout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heather223
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedposey
  • ChefBeckyD