• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rolling Out Pizza Dough: Cold or Room Temp?

In summary, you can roll out pizza dough straight from the fridge, but it may be more difficult to work with. It is recommended to let the dough sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before rolling it out to make it easier to work with. Rolling out cold dough may result in a denser and tougher texture compared to room temperature dough, so it is best to let it come to room temperature before rolling. While you can use a rolling pin to roll out pizza dough, using your hands may result in a more traditional and airy crust. It is important to flour your work surface and the dough to prevent sticking.
tpchefpattie
I know that I have heard a tip about rolling out pizza dough but I don't remember if it's easier/best to do it while the dough is cold or room temperature. Does anyone know or have a suggestion on that? Does the dough roll out easier on the cutting board or the stone? :(

I have found that the pizza dough rolls out best for me when it is not cold and not exactly room temperature. I take the dough out of the refrigerator and put it on the counter while I prep the rest of the ingredients. This usually takes 15-20 minutes and then it rolls out fine. I roll it right on the stone.

Thank you! :)

ThanksI know the recipe I made recently said the dough should be refrigerated, but I hadn't thought to keep it out until it warmed up a bit--thanks for the tip!!
D.C.

Have you ever used the pizza dough in the bag that the foodstores now sell? I used it once and it puffed WAY up - - My pizza was 5 inches thick! yummy, but I'm sooooo glad I didn't try it at a show :)

1. Can I roll out pizza dough straight from the fridge?

Yes, you can roll out pizza dough straight from the fridge. However, it may be more difficult to work with and may require more rolling than room temperature dough.

2. How long should I let the dough sit at room temperature before rolling it out?

It is recommended to let the dough sit at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes before rolling it out. This will allow the gluten to relax and make the dough easier to work with.

3. Will rolling out cold dough affect the texture of the pizza?

Rolling out cold dough may result in a denser and tougher texture compared to room temperature dough. If possible, it is best to let the dough come to room temperature before rolling it out.

4. Can I use a rolling pin to roll out pizza dough?

Yes, you can use a rolling pin to roll out pizza dough. However, using your hands to stretch the dough may result in a more traditional and airy crust.

5. Do I need to flour my work surface when rolling out pizza dough?

Yes, it is important to flour your work surface when rolling out pizza dough to prevent it from sticking. You can also lightly flour the dough and rolling pin to make it easier to work with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • pampered1224
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • linojackie