• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Roasting Pan Advice Needed Please

In summary, every time I use my roasting pan, the bottom juices completely evaporate and leave me with a burnt mess. Some people cover their roasting pans with tin foil to prevent this from happening, but I have found that this does not always work. I have a turkey defrosted that I'm about to roast, and I'm wondering if I should add water to the bottom of the pan before baking or if this is something that I should do differently. I also want to know if anyone has had success using an oven bag instead of a roasting pan.
its_me_susan
Every time I use my roasting pan, the bottom juices completely evaporate and leave me with a burnt mess. Is there something I should be doing differently? I have a turkey defrosted that I'm about to roast... thought I'd ask you ladies before I put it in. how do you all do yours?

I am glad you're asking the question! I dont have the PC roaster, but I have an All Clad one and that SAME thing happens! Finally this last time, I got juices, but I usually end up like you!

I dont think I didnt anything differently but interested to hear the replies!

I add a little bit of water to the bottom of the pan

PCSarahjm said:
I add a little bit of water to the bottom of the pan

I have added chicken broth to the bottom, still evaporates. Anyone covers theirs? If so, when?

Ahh! Maybe that's the key! I did cover mine with tin foil! And then took off the foil to brown it after about 2 hours.

I have done the same with the chic broth! Still evaporates! Let me know how it comes out!

When I make my turkey I coat it in butter, put green apple, garlic cloves onion, celery and spices in the cavity of the turkey, add 1/2 - 1 cup water in bottom of roaster. Bake for 30 minutes at 500 degrees then turn down to 325 watch wing tips for browning. After about an hour and a half I cover the turkey with foil except for the legs. Cook til turkey is done. Courtesy of Welcome to Saving Dinner

.....How about using an oven bag?? :)

jenniferknapp said:
.....How about using an oven bag?? :)

I do that sometimes too. And have alot of juices leftover

Always place about 1-1 1/2 cups of water in the bottom of the pan. Later when you take the roast out of the oven and remove the meat, you can place the pan on the stove over two burners set on med-low and stir with a PC bamboo spoon or spatula. This is called deglazing the pan. I sometimes add some white wine or red or water to deglaze the meat drippings. After carving the meat, I drizzle the deglazzed pan juices over the meat. mmGood!
Hope this helps you.
SMILES

Last edited:
I, too, had been unhappy with "dry roasting" not leaving drippings. My director suggested "tenting" the bird this year, and it worked wonders. Had lots of yummy drippings for the gravy.

PCSarahjm said:
I do that sometimes too. And have alot of juices leftover

I would do the oven bag, but want to be able to say it's the roaster making the difference.

My turkey was better - but after an hour there were no juices from the turkey so I added a huge chicken broth and a mini can of pinapple juice (it just said "use me" when I saw it). The turkey came out yummy ~ but I think I prefer my stone to my roaster (just need smaller turkeys). Hmmm not good.

I need to fall back in love with this piece (I got it for free for qualifying my 1st month of business). Has anyone made a gigantic lasagna in it? How long did it take to bake?

its_me_susan said:
I need to fall back in love with this piece (I got it for free for qualifying my 1st month of business). Has anyone made a gigantic lasagna in it? How long did it take to bake?

Gigantic lasagna sounds heavenly!!:love: ok, I'm off to bed before I raid the cupboards!!!!

1. What size roasting pan should I use?

The size of your roasting pan will depend on the size of your roast or poultry. As a general rule, a pan that is 2 inches deep and 2 inches longer and wider than your meat will work well. If you are unsure, it is always better to choose a larger pan rather than one that is too small.

2. Should I use a roasting rack?

A roasting rack is recommended for larger cuts of meat or poultry, as it allows for more even cooking and prevents the meat from sitting in its own juices. If you do not have a roasting rack, you can improvise by using vegetables, such as carrots or celery, to elevate the meat.

3. How do I prevent my meat from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your meat from sticking to the pan, make sure to grease the pan or use nonstick cooking spray before placing the meat in the pan. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking.

4. How do I clean my roasting pan?

To clean your roasting pan, let it cool down before washing it with warm soapy water. For tougher stains, you can let the pan soak in hot water for a few minutes before scrubbing it. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or steel wool, as they can damage the surface of the pan.

5. Can I use my roasting pan on the stovetop?

Most roasting pans are not suitable for stovetop use, as they are not designed to withstand direct heat. However, some roasting pans with a heavy bottom may be safe to use on low heat. Always check the manufacturer's instructions before using your roasting pan on the stovetop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • KWilliams2329