1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Ribs recipe in DCB

1. Symara

Symara Member Gold Member

I made this last night and they turned out really tough. Any suggestions on what I did wrong?

Of course I didn't know for sure if I got the membrane completely off to start. When the recipe says to lay them cut side down in the DCB what exactly does that mean?

Maybe we had the wrong type of ribs? I just know my husband tried to eat one then threw them in a pot of water to boil them until we went to bed to see if they would get tender.

Apr 7, 2009
  2. Symara

bump for anyone that may have a suggestion

Apr 8, 2009
  3. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

I'm not sure, maybe add water when you're cooking them so they don't get tough.. I'm really not sure!! Sorry!!

Apr 8, 2009
  4. Symara

it calls for a 1/4 cup of water, my husband probably actually put in 1/3. I't still not enough to cover it. Has anyone made these yet?

Apr 8, 2009
  5. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I know there was alot of chatter about these when they first came out. did you do a search?

Apr 8, 2009
  6. Symara

no, I thought it was new... I saw all the comments about beef, but didn't search for pork

Apr 10, 2009
  7. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Go to the bottom of this thread page, and you will see several threads that talk about the ribs....

Apr 10, 2009
  8. peichef

peichef Veteran Member

I make these quite often, and the only time they ever turned out tough was when they got a bit overcooked. The water shouldn't cover them... it should only cover most of the bottom of the baker.
    My family LOVES the ribs in the DCB, so the only thing I can think is that maybe they were over cooked!?!?!

Apr 10, 2009
  9. meganmcg

meganmcg Member

I made the ribs in the DCB last week and they were wonderful! Seemed like I had to cook them longer than recipe suggested but just kept checking temp. Maybe you have to be sure to get babybacks too?

May 12, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted