• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revisiting Movie Classics: The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura, and The Wizard of Oz

The Matrix (yes.. I know... "Mr. Anderson..." That is the sound of inevitability..) Disney/Pixar movies... oh this can take all night...In summary, the conversation topic is about movies that people have watched so many times they can quote the entire dialogue. Some of the mentioned movies include The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura - Pet Detective, The Wizard of Oz, Sixteen Candles, Fletch, Finding Nemo, Tombstone, Casablanca, Steel Magnolias, Friends, The Color Purple, and The Matrix.
"You know I love ya more than my luggage"

"You won't accept a guy's tongue in your mouth, and you're going to eat that?"

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

"Did I mention, my leg is 44" from hip to toe. So basically we are talking about 88" of therapy, wrapped around you for the bargain price of $3000 dollars."

"Sometimes, I guess there's just not enough rocks."

"I carried a watermelon."

"What the hell is this, a piano bar or a Nazi work camp? I'm singing my heart out for bupkus, peanuts. I'm eating dog food and you can't even give me fifty dollars you already owe me?"

over and over and overProbably the one I can quote the best is the Jim Carey version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas "pucker up and kiss it Whoville"

Also watch over and over

Gone with the Wind
White Christmas
Singing in the Rain
Where the Heart Is

Marg said:

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

"Did I mention, my leg is 44" from hip to toe. So basically we are talking about 88" of therapy, wrapped around you for the bargain price of $3000 dollars."

"What the hell is this, a piano bar or a Nazi work camp? I'm singing my heart out for bupkus, peanuts. I'm eating dog food and you can't even give me fifty dollars you already owe me?"

44 inches...pretty woman

Marg said:

The tongue in the mouth is killing me! I need a hint...male comedian....

Denarella said:
The tongue in the mouth is killing me! I need a hint...male comedian....

Pretty in Pink?

yummy4tummy said:
Another Tombstone fan here too....
Doc: It seems poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest.

Doc: [After seeing Wyatt knock Swilling down with one blow] It appears he missed an excellent chance to keep his mouth shut.

Shawshank Redeption "I'm up for rejection"....this is the line that I always told my DH when I was going for a job interview for the state...no matter how many hoops I jumped through, my "rejection letter" would always come.

Your quotes have me needing to get the movie out and watch it (again).

After Ringo and Doc speak to each other in Latin
Doc: Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him.

At the train station after shooting Stilwell.. to Clanton.
Wyatt: The Cowboys are finished, you understand? I see a red sash, I kill the man wearin' it!
Wyatt: So run, you cur... RUN! Tell all the other curs the law's comin'!
Wyatt: You tell 'em I'M coming... and hell's coming with me, you hear?...
Wyatt: Hell's coming with me!

OH and what about the scene where Ringo spins his pistol like a hotshot and Doc mocks him with his cup... LOVE THAT SCENE

Last edited:
OMG, I can't believe no one has mentioned "Caddyshack" yet!! I know that movie forward and backwards!! Too many quotes to mention (and the funniest ones are not quite PG-13 enough to post here!!).

Happy Gilmore is a close 2nd - can you tell I like "golf" movies??

I can probably recite Gone With The Wind and Wizard of OZ easily, too, and I just watched Grease again and was saying every line and singing every song word for word.

KG - I finally saw Casablanca for the first time about 6 months ago, and I have to agree - best movie ever! :)

I don't normally post much, but I have to get in on this. My new favorite movie is Music & Lyrics. Maybe it's the 80's thing, I don't know, I even had to buy the soundtrack. Watched it like 20 times in the first two weeks. My daughter and I both know it by heart.Robin, Indiana

Hello people.....how come no one has mentioned Legally Blonde?!?!!??!!?

It was on the other night and I had a blast watching it!

The tongue in the mouth quote is from Breakfast Club...Judd Nelson says it to Molly Ringwald about her lunch...LOL

chefsteph07 said:
The tongue in the mouth quote is from Breakfast Club...Judd Nelson says it to Molly Ringwald about her lunch...LOL

I'm kicking myself! The bratpack movies are my favorite ever....:love: :balloon:

Denarella said:
I'm kicking myself! The bratpack movies are my favorite ever....:love: :balloon:

She had sushi for lunch! Im still grumbling over that one!:grumpy:

chefsteph07 said:

Ah, yes...

Molly Ringwald is getting ready to eat her lunch...here's the quote:

John: "what's that?"
Claire: "Sushi"
John: "Sushi?"
Claire: "yeah...Rice, raw fish and seaweed"
John: "You won't accept a guy's tongue in your mouth and you're gonna eat that?"
Claire: (sarcastically) "Can I eat?"
John: "I don't know..give it a try"

One of the classic scenes...love it!

The GodfatherThree AmigosWhen Harry Met Sallyand.......... this one is one of the best movies eva!!........... Ground Hog Day!!!!!!ETA: Breakfast at Tiffanys

DebbieJ said:
Hello people.....how come no one has mentioned Legally Blonde?!?!!??!!?

It was on the other night and I had a blast watching it!
Because, like, maybe you're, um, you know, the only, um, like, you know, person that like, um, you know, watches it?

:D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Because, like, maybe you're, um, you know, the only, um, like, you know, person that like, um, you know, watches it?

we need a ROTF smilie!!! :D :D :D :D

No particular order here:

Any of the '80's brat pack movies (16 Candles, The Breakfast Club, Pretty In Pink, et al)
Most any other '80's movie (Goonies, Footloose, etc)
The original Star Wars movies (Our household slogan is "when all else fails, watch Star Wars")
The Crow (LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie)
Mulan
Muppets Take Manhatten
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"What's he going to do, nibble your bum?"

"Laugh it up Fuzzball"

Christ Follower said:
Oaky so I can quote the ENTIRE movie:

THE EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE.

"Yea!, I'm a llama again!"

Squeak squeak squeak, squeak squeaker..... SQUEAKEN!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
"bring out your dead!"
"I'm not dead yet!"

"It's a witch, it's a witch! Let's burn her!"
"How do you know she's a witch?"
"She turned me into a newt!"
"A newt???"
"Well, I got better."

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
"He's OK!" Columbia, discussing Rocky
"OK??? I think we can do better than OK!" Dr. Frank N. Furter

Fried Green Tomatoes
"Face it girls, I'm older and have more insurance."

Pretty Woman
"Fifty bucks, Grandpa and for $75 the wife can watch" Kitt

St. Elmo's Fire
Young Guns
Dangerous Beauty
Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil
"I'm what you call neuvo riche but then it's the 'riche' that counts" Jim Williams

Sleeping With The Enemy

I have sooo many movies. We didn't have cable growing up and hubby and I couldn't afford cable for many years. We bought movies and rented movies alot. I think my movie collection is only matched by my book collection and country music collection.:D

Most of the Disney Pixar movies are played over and over again in our car during our road trips :) There are some Disney movies that I've never actually "watched" but have heard a hundred times.

I love the Brat Pack movies as well. I have a lot of favorites...my parents owned a video rental store when I was growing up -- I watched ALOT of movies!

The Star Wars trilogy (1st one) I know practically by heart... umm... Christmas Vacation (our favorite holiday movie)....

I have not had a chance to watch much Farscape, but we do watch alot of SciFi -- Stargate and Atlantis, mostly, but Eureka is growing on us too.

Think ya used enough dynamite, thar, Butch?Who are those guys, anyway?I think we lost 'em. You think we lost em?
Nope.
Me, neither.You crazy? The fall will probably kill ya!Next time we say something like, let's go to Bolivia, LET'S GO TO BOLIVIA!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Ditto - Like ya know...

chef_kimmo said:
Ditto - Like ya know...

No, my 6 year old daughter LOVES that movie (...and says like a lot!!!!)

LA Confidential... "Rolo Tomasi"

OH yeah! Grease and Grease II are ones that I know a lot of the words to! Those are those movies that no matter what your watching you will stop and finsih watching that instead :p

My faves:

Shawshank Redemption
Dirty Dancing
Officer and a Gentleman
Pretty Woman
Gone With The Wind
Grease (and Grease 2 - not nearly as good but Michelle Pfiffer is such a cutie)
Driving Miss Daisy
Oh, and I Love Love Love all the old Elvis movie!

There are so many more but these are the ones that come to mind right now.

pamperedlinda said:
My faves:

Shawshank Redemption
Dirty Dancing
Officer and a Gentleman
Pretty Woman
Gone With The Wind
Grease (and Grease 2 - not nearly as good but Michelle Pfiffer is such a cutie)
Driving Miss Daisy
Oh, and I Love Love Love all the old Elvis movie!

There are so many more but these are the ones that come to mind right now.
Love Driving Ms. Daisy... Idella: "Sometimes I think you ain't got the sense God gave a lemon!"

I feel the need....the need for speed.

take me to bed or loose me forever.....

Yes that would be top gun!!!!

I love Weird Science, breakfast club, goonies, standby me,
zoolander, all of ben stillers or owen wilson movies. My favorite of all times though is Wizard of Oz...lame I know

Oh, oh... Raiders of the Lost Arc

Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage

mrbogie68 said:

zoolander, all of ben stillers or owen wilson movies. My favorite of all times though is Wizard of Oz...lame I know
My 5 y/o loves this movie too (so does my 45 y/o DH!....he used to be a fighter pilot so he gets to re-live the glory days with his one!) Anyhow, my son can sit a say every line in this movie (except he knows not to say the bad words...LOL...) and when the volleyball scene comes on he says mommy come quick here's your favorite part.....

Signs has very funny scenes, I like to watch the ending... Swing away Merrill, swing away...

Bo: It tastes funny. (giving water to the dog- she had a thing with H2O)
Morgan: It does not. It's just tap water. Besides, he licks his butt every day, I don't think he'll mind.

mrbogie68 said:

Ahhhh Top Gun! I was online just last week looking to find photos of Slider flexing during the volleyball scene! CANT FIND THEM!!!!! :cry:

Addie4TLC said:
Oh, oh... Raiders of the Lost Arc

Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage

I dunno, I'm makin' this up as I go along.

Asps. Very dangerous. You go first.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I dunno, I'm makin' this up as I go along.

Asps. Very dangerous. You go first.

Skake it at anything that slithers... (snakes, his favorite!)

The Notebook... Duke: That's my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that's where my home is.

Ah, Top Gun, that is a good movie. I went to see it with my dad & he said it was pretty realistic (except all the fly bys). He is an ex-fighter pilot and has earned the the top gun award several time during Viatnam. I learned that after seeing the movie and thought it was pretty cool

Oh ya, I forgot about:

The Wedding singer
Groundhog Day
Everafter

More movies I watch over and over again.

Frequency - "You went down 30 years ago, pal. You just don't know it yet." Imagine if we could really communicate this way with the past! Who would you talk to, who would you warn....

Addie4TLC said:
Frequency - "You went down 30 years ago, pal. You just don't know it yet." Imagine if we could really communicate this way with the past! Who would you talk to, who would you warn....

what a great movie.....Backdraft too...Dad's a Trenton Battalion Chief here in Jersey. Lost his best friend in a fire and that came out months later....first time in my life I ever saw Daddy cry....

chef_kimmo said:
Ah, Top Gun, that is a good movie. I went to see it with my dad & he said it was pretty realistic (except all the fly bys). He is an ex-fighter pilot and has earned the the top gun award several time during Viatnam. I learned that after seeing the movie and thought it was pretty cool

How exciting is that!? How proud you must be! My dad served in Vietnam on the USS New Jersey and they've docked it here in Camden and made it a museum. They interviewed my dad and three others who served on the ship during an active war and now he is permanently on a tv clip in the museum. My son (his only grandson) thought it was the coolest thing ever. I can only imagine what's its like having a Top Gun dad!!!!

When ever I go home to my parents home, it seems that either apollo 13 or castaway is playing.
the line i laugh at is giligan never told us that coconut milk is a natural laxitive.
or Look what I have created I (pounding on chest) have created fire.

of course growing up in a era that hbo showed movies and only like 10 all month and repeated them. i got to see many more than once.

Wow! So many movies I haven't seen....Of course, we couldn't afford cable growing up and didn't have it for the first 8 years we were married, and still don't pay for premium channels. Never dated in HS, so didn't get to see movies that way; didn't have time in college (not to mention the theater in town had films for maybe 2 weeks at a time), and no TV in my dorm room.I feel so sheltered.

chefann said:
Wow! So many movies I haven't seen....

Of course, we couldn't afford cable growing up and didn't have it for the first 8 years we were married, and still don't pay for premium channels. Never dated in HS, so didn't get to see movies that way; didn't have time in college (not to mention the theater in town had films for maybe 2 weeks at a time), and no TV in my dorm room.

I feel so sheltered.

And look...now you're a wealth of knowledge and wit....:balloon: :angel:

But I still have no idea what you're all talking about when you refer to Top Gun, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Steel Magnolias, etc., etc., etc.DH only likes movies with spaceships, explosions, or a body count. Preferably all 3.

chefann said:
Wow! So many movies I haven't seen....Of course, we couldn't afford cable growing up and didn't have it for the first 8 years we were married, and still don't pay for premium channels. Never dated in HS, so didn't get to see movies that way; didn't have time in college (not to mention the theater in town had films for maybe 2 weeks at a time), and no TV in my dorm room.I feel so sheltered.
Couldn't even tell you the last movie I saw! Oh - wait! I remember - it was Happy Feet (not as funny as the previews, and didn't hold DS's interest) and before that, it was CARS. If DH and I get a night out - we can afford to pay the sitter, and go out to dinner, or pay the sitter, and go to a movie....but we can't do all three. For us - Dinner (and a chance to talk uninterrupted!) is more important than a movie! We used to rent movies - but by the time we get DS into bed, it's too late to start watching one (we invariably fall asleep!), and we both hate to stop a movie in the middle........so movies are a thing of the past for a few more years for us!Some of my old favorites:Casablanca! (with you there KG!)
Singing In The Rain
Breakfast At Tiffany's
Roman Holiday
My Fair Lady
Funny Face (HUGE fan of Audrey Hepburn!)
Brigadoon
To Kill A Mockingbird
Raiders Of The Lost Ark (FIRST movie I DROVE to!:D )
Grease
Meet Me In St. Louis
White Christmas
Miracle On 54th St. (The original w/ Natalie Wood)And the Rock Hudson/Doris Day comedies!Oh - and Benny and Joon - I just adore that movie! Always makes me smile.

chefann said:
But I still have no idea what you're all talking about when you refer to Top Gun, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Steel Magnolias, etc., etc., etc.

DH only likes movies with spaceships, explosions, or a body count. Preferably all 3.
Quick someone send Ann a Blockbuster card!

chefann said:
But I still have no idea what you're all talking about when you refer to Top Gun, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Steel Magnolias, etc., etc., etc.

DH only likes movies with spaceships, explosions, or a body count. Preferably all 3.
Tell him you're going to rent Top Pink Sixteen Magnolias.

And may the Schwartz be with you.

Denarella said:
what a great movie.....Backdraft too...Dad's a Trenton Battalion Chief here in Jersey. Lost his best friend in a fire and that came out months later....first time in my life I ever saw Daddy cry....

My Daddy passed away in 2001 so this movie always brings me to tears especially at the end when they reunite. I guess a movie like that would have that effect when you've lost someone.

Robin: Aren't you one of those guys?
Quinn: What guys?
Robin: Those guy guys, you know, those guys with skills.
Quinn: Skills?
Robin: Yeah. You send them into the wilderness with a pocket knife and a Q-tip and they build you a shopping mall. You can't do that?
Quinn: No, I can't do that, but I can do this:
[Pops finger out of the side of his mouth]
Quinn: Does that help? (from 6 Days and 7 Nights)Tess - What did happen, exactly?
Jack - The earth moved. The angels wept. The Polaroids are, are, uh...
[gropes about in his coat pockets]
Jack - are in my other coat.
[Grins] Working Girl...gotta love Harrison Ford!

<h2>1. What movie have you watched SO MANY times that you can quote the entire dialogue?</h2><p>The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura - Pet Detective, and The Wizard of Oz are the top three movies that I have watched so many times that I can quote the entire dialogue. </p><h2>2. Why do you think those movies are so quotable?</h2><p>I think those movies are quotable because they have memorable and relatable characters, iconic scenes, and catchy lines that stick with us even after multiple viewings. They also have a great balance of comedy, drama, and heart, making them appealing to a wide range of audiences. </p><h2>3. Do you have a favorite quote from any of those movies?</h2><p>My favorite quote from The Breakfast Club is "We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." From Ace Ventura, it's "Alrighty then!" And from The Wizard of Oz, it's "There's no place like home." </p><h2>4. Have you introduced these movies to anyone who had never seen them before?</h2><p>Yes, I have introduced these movies to my kids and some of my friends who had never seen them before. It's always fun to see their reactions and how they connect with the movies. </p><h2>5. How do you think these movies have stood the test of time?</h2><p>I think these movies have stood the test of time because they touch on universal themes and emotions that are still relevant today. They also have a timeless quality in their storytelling and characters that make them enjoyable for generations to come. </p>

Related to Revisiting Movie Classics: The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura, and The Wizard of Oz

1. What movie have you watched SO MANY times that you can quote the entire dialogue?

The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura - Pet Detective, and The Wizard of Oz are the top three movies that I have watched so many times that I can quote the entire dialogue.

2. Why do you think those movies are so quotable?

I think those movies are quotable because they have memorable and relatable characters, iconic scenes, and catchy lines that stick with us even after multiple viewings. They also have a great balance of comedy, drama, and heart, making them appealing to a wide range of audiences.

3. Do you have a favorite quote from any of those movies?

My favorite quote from The Breakfast Club is "We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." From Ace Ventura, it's "Alrighty then!" And from The Wizard of Oz, it's "There's no place like home."

4. Have you introduced these movies to anyone who had never seen them before?

Yes, I have introduced these movies to my kids and some of my friends who had never seen them before. It's always fun to see their reactions and how they connect with the movies.

5. How do you think these movies have stood the test of time?

I think these movies have stood the test of time because they touch on universal themes and emotions that are still relevant today. They also have a timeless quality in their storytelling and characters that make them enjoyable for generations to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jenifer4000
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • BethCooks4U