• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: Parmesan-Crusted Chicken With Risotto

In summary, Lisa liked the recipes, but found some things to modify. The recipes come with a shopping list, which makes it easier. She would like another set for spring.
chefann
Gold Member
From the Weekday Dinners - Done! cards.

I'd say this recipe is pretty good. I had nothing measured, although I did have things out of the cupboards and fridge, and it was done in about 30 minutes.

The chicken is delicious, and the rice is pretty good. DH liked it because he could tell it was made with a can of tomato soup, which is why I was less than enthused about it.

A couple of things I'd do differently next time:
- add water to the tomato juice to make a little less than a cup. The rice was just a little runny, and reducing the liquid a little would help.
- start with only 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, instead of 3/4. I had a bunch leftover.
- add a second zucchini
- add another clove of garlic, for a total of 3
- use the whole onion
- cut the cream cheese into little cubes so it melts faster and more evenly

chefann said:
From the Weekday Dinners - Done! cards.

I'd say this recipe is pretty good. I had nothing measured, although I did have things out of the cupboards and fridge, and it was done in about 30 minutes.

The chicken is delicious, and the rice is pretty good. DH liked it because he could tell it was made with a can of tomato soup, which is why I was less than enthused about it.

A couple of things I'd do differently next time:
- add water to the tomato juice to make a little less than a cup. The rice was just a little runny, and reducing the liquid a little would help.
- start with only 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, instead of 3/4. I had a bunch leftover.
- add a second zucchini
- add another clove of garlic, for a total of 3
- use the whole onion
- cut the cream cheese into little cubes so it melts faster and more evenly

:) That STILL wouldn't be enough for my family! :love::love:

Ann....

Thanks for sharing. I'm heading to the grocery store and can't wait to try all the recipes. Your tips are awesome, and I will modify accordingly!

As always....thank you!

Is there a post that I missed with these recipes??? I don't have anything yet, please share.......

Lisa

They're in the Weekday Dinners Done cards. Because they're a (soon to be) current set with recipes NOT provided electronically by HO, I do not recommend posting them here. Posting copyrighted material can get you in hot water. But beyond that, our business (and home office's) is SELLING tools and cookbooks. If we post them willy-nilly, then we reduce the chances that customers/consultants will purchase the books and we also increase the chances of errors in the recipes.

my husband when through these last night and got excited he said there were only 2 in there he would not like... and I think i can modify them. I LOVE that they come with a weekly shopping list. Makes it easy! can we have another set for spring please!!!

1. How long does it take to make Parmesan-Crusted Chicken With Risotto?

The total time for this recipe is about 1 hour and 15 minutes, with 30 minutes of active cooking time.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese for the crust?

Yes, you can use any type of hard cheese like Pecorino Romano or Asiago for the crust. However, the flavor may vary slightly from the original recipe.

3. Can I substitute the chicken with a different protein?

Yes, you can use pork chops or fish fillets instead of chicken for this recipe. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. Can I make the risotto ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the risotto up to 2 days in advance and store it in the refrigerator. Just reheat it in a pan with a little bit of chicken broth or water before serving.

5. What type of pan should I use to cook the chicken?

We recommend using a large, oven-safe skillet for this recipe. If you don't have one, you can transfer the chicken to a baking sheet after browning and continue cooking in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC