• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revamp Your Incentives: A Guide to Using a Traveling Apron in 2007

We give out a plaque at each meeting that says "Attendance Award" and whoever has the most plaques at the end of the year wins the apron.It seems to be working well. I think it's a fun way to encourage people to come to our meetings.We give out a plaque at each meeting that says "Attendance Award" and whoever has the most plaques at the end of the year wins the apron. We also have a contest where people can put together a plaque about their business.
Tina Bruning
I am working on my incentives for 2007 for my Cluster. I purchased a red apron at the Director's store at Conference. I would like to have a different reason for the apron award each month and whoever wins the apron for the month gets to wear it all month at their shows and then returns it at the next cluster meeting for the next person to win. I know there are Director's who have done this. Does it work? What was the reasons for achieving for 12 months? I would like this to be exciting for some the members who have not reached out for a while! I got started with Top Booker, Top recruiter, Top show average, Top Sales. Do I just repeat??
Thank you for your help!
Tina Bruning
Ind. Sales Director
Bancroft, NE
[email protected]

Our cluster has two traveling aprons - One is for the top sales and the other is for the director's discretion - Top recruiting, most shows etc.

My exec has 2 aprons, too - sales and recruiting. We've only used them the past couple of months, but it seems to be working out well. She got black aprons that are available at the Exec Dir store, and had them embroidered with silver stars and "Top xxxx".

Ours is the red apron and it's embroidered on there "I'M RED HOT" and we give it out for a variety of reasons each month. We kind of make fun of the fact that it's totally SUBjective and we (the 3-4 directors who group up for our cluster meeting) get to pick a particular person for whatever reason we want. That way, even if a person doesn't have the highest sales, but has come out of their comfort zone to make customer care calls or to give out a recruiting packet, then they get the apron. It's fun!:)

I tried this a while ago, but I didn't have much luck, no one ever even wore it when I sent it home with them.

I love the "I'm red hot" apron :) I like changing the reason for giving it. I remember when I first started I was so faithful to meetings and was booking the shows but couldn't compete with the top seller ($5000 a month). What a morale boost to single someone out for a reason other than top sales or top recruiting.

My question is....have any of you that know directors that do this, heard of success with a spread out cluster? My cluster spans 4 states, I worry it would get stuck in one state and not get mailed back in a timely manner.

We have one and love it. Our director said that she was going to embroider "Top Performer" on it, but it hasn't been done yet...I think that would be cooler. None of my customers know why I'm wearing it, and I seldom think to mention it. Every month has a different way to earn it: top sales, top average, most bookings, meeting a sales promo (it was most stoneware sold in Sept). I think it's a cool idea, but I think it should be embroidered with something so the consultant's audience knows that she's really earned it!

pamperedbecky said:
Ours is the red apron and it's embroidered on there "I'M RED HOT" and we give it out for a variety of reasons each month. We kind of make fun of the fact that it's totally SUBjective and we (the 3-4 directors who group up for our cluster meeting) get to pick a particular person for whatever reason we want. That way, even if a person doesn't have the highest sales, but has come out of their comfort zone to make customer care calls or to give out a recruiting packet, then they get the apron. It's fun!:)

I really like this idea Becky. There are several ladies in our cluster who ocme to every meeting, do 1-2 shows a month, always have great ideas to share, bring yummy treats and are just all around great gals. They choose to have a small business, but they also acknoledge that they know they will never "win" any of the incentives or be the best, biggest, fastest, etc team member.

The Director discretion idea is one I am going to suggest to our cluster.

I love this idea!
I'm totally going to do it when I am a Director! :D

I've got an embroidery machine, if anyone wants a slogan or their name on an apron. :)

I don't do the "Red Hot Apron" across the whole cluster since I have some in several states. I think whoever posted the point is right...it would be hard to get it back from people out of state.

For repeat attendance, we do something else because this is definitely something to be rewarded! I truly feel that those who regularly attend cluster meetings benefit greatly and it shows in their businesses! What we do is at every meeting, everyone there self-addresses a postcard that one of the directors makes up and turns them back in. Then, a week or two before the next meeting, the one director sends them out and the consultants bring the postcard to the NEXT meeting. A drawing is held out of all the postcards that were brought back and the winner gets to pick something out of our prize basket. This basket has various business supplies or smaller products and all kinds of fun goodies.

It's a very easy thing to implement and you're not spending too much out of pocket (just postage on the post cards and various things for the prizes).

We have a red 'Top Chef' apron (red) for top sales and 'Star Chef' for other top performance. I got the Top Chef a few times and still haven't been deemed Star Chef yet. Maybe someday I will get the blue apron

What would you charge Ann?

My cluster has the red and the blue. Used for top sales(red) top recruiter (blue). Since being in PC...9 months, the same consultant has had the red apron. It is discouraging to others I'm sure. The girl didn't even bother bringing it to cluster last night as she was awarded with it again (but she didn't know it til last night. It is great for her but it would be nice to have others recognized. My opinion + 1.00= a cup of coffee (sorry, no Starbucks LOL)
Valky

yummy4tummy said:
What would you charge Ann?

Usually, about $5 for a name, which is typical. But since there would be postage involved for just about everyone on this forum, I'll say a buck, plus you cover the shipping (an apron should fit in a large envelope or Priority Mail envelope easily).

1. What is the Traveling Apron for 2007?

The Traveling Apron for 2007 is a specially designed apron created by Pampered Chef for their consultants to wear during their cooking parties and demonstrations. It features a unique design and is meant to be passed on from one consultant to another throughout the year.

2. How is the Traveling Apron passed on?

The Traveling Apron is passed on during monthly team meetings or regional conferences. The consultant currently in possession of the apron will hand it off to the next consultant in line, and the cycle continues throughout the year.

3. Can anyone participate in the Traveling Apron for 2007?

Yes, any consultant who is a part of Pampered Chef can participate in the Traveling Apron for 2007. It is a fun and unique way to connect with other consultants and build a sense of community within the company.

4. What is the purpose of the Traveling Apron for 2007?

The main purpose of the Traveling Apron is to promote camaraderie and build relationships among Pampered Chef consultants. It also serves as a fun and creative way to showcase the products and cooking techniques during demonstrations.

5. Can I personalize the Traveling Apron for 2007?

Yes, you can personalize the apron by adding your name or team name to it. However, it is important to keep in mind that the apron will be passed on to different consultants throughout the year, so any personalization should be done in a way that can be easily removed or covered up for the next recipient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmeg
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
Replies