• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Retiring Items for Spring 2012? Spoilers Included!

I'm trying to imagine what the new Simple Additions pieces are like. When they say "lighter," do they mean... more like Corelle? This is what I'm imagining, but I hope not!They are porcelain, so they are about the same weight as Corelle.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
Disclaimer: Spoilers included - don't open unless you want to know :)

Also - this is based on preliminary information, so I"m not 100% certain this is final. If you know of any other changes/additions/errors, please let me know by posting here or emailing me. Thanks!

Attachments

• Spring2012retiring.pdf
    141.1 KB · Views: 1,407
Joy, you are the best! Thank you for doing what you do!!!

Awesome. Thank you:D

Thank you!!

As always, Joy you are amazing!

Joy it is amazing! Thank you as always for doing all the hard work for us. And I hate to bring this up but there is one thing you may want add. The White Simple Additions. Because there is such a major difference between the old and the new, they essentially got rid of the old heavier stoneware SA and replaced it with the nicer porcelain SA. This means anyone expecting to be able to complete the sets they started will not be able to as the look is also so different. There is a lot on that page already so... Otherwise folks - make sure your people know of this difference so they can get the same weight pieces. Otherwise their tables will look off balance.

Thank you so much Joy. I like the new SA pieces, but I love the pieces I already have...I have placesettings for 4 in the white and the cranberry accent. The new ones are a lot thinner and lighter. They are pretty.

I'm trying to imagine what the new Simple Additions pieces are like. When they say "lighter," do they mean... more like Corelle? This is what I'm imagining, but I hope not!

pampered1224 said:
Joy it is amazing! Thank you as always for doing all the hard work for us. And I hate to bring this up but there is one thing you may want add. The White Simple Additions. Because there is such a major difference between the old and the new, they essentially got rid of the old heavier stoneware SA and replaced it with the nicer porcelain SA. This means anyone expecting to be able to complete the sets they started will not be able to as the look is also so different. There is a lot on that page already so... Otherwise folks - make sure your people know of this difference so they can get the same weight pieces. Otherwise their tables will look off balance.

Yeah, a couple other people pointed that out too... I'll get it added shortly. I've spent all day on the computer and it all started to run together at some point, and I didn't notice it... even though in my mind, I should have thought logically that they belonged on the retiring list...

Okay - updated now, I think... I heard the large round and the platter with handles were staying so I left those out. What about the coffee & more cups? I included them.

Yes, the platters are both in the catalogue. And yes, the coffee & more are retired.But you probably deserve a rest by now!

Last edited:
thanks so much!!!!

KateInTheKitchen said:
I'm trying to imagine what the new Simple Additions pieces are like. When they say "lighter," do they mean... more like Corelle? This is what I'm imagining, but I hope not!

That is what i thought of when I held them (they felt like Corelle), they are porcelain instead of the ceramic. But you can't put Corelle in the oven up to 250 degrees, and you can our Simple Additions.

At least we don't have to worry about those grey marks and they are cheaper too.

Thank you Joy!! You make things so easy for us!! Having just gone to launch yesterday I haven't had time to do any of these flyers yet. I will spend time today making a price list change that I will post later.

KateInTheKitchen said:

The weight on the new SA pieces seemed to be heavier than Corelle, but MUCH lighter than the current SA line. Since my husband's biggest problem with the SA pieces we have is the weight, I'm giving consideration to getting the older stuff out of the house to make way for the new.

SpiritdancerIA said:
The weight on the new SA pieces seemed to be heavier than Corelle, but MUCH lighter than the current SA line. Since my husband's biggest problem with the SA pieces we have is the weight, I'm giving consideration to getting the older stuff out of the house to make way for the new.

That is exactly my situation here. My husband actually likes the dots but hates the weight and has been begging for correlle since I got it. He will definitely want me to switch out as soon as I can. These are definitely nicer than correlle too. I'll keeep my serving pieces though to keep some color and interest on the table.

so the bamboo snack set is gone, but you can still order them separately? am i correct? just wanna make sure

WAAAAA HOOOO FOR JOY!!! Never apologize to us! You put so much energy in to these that the pictures could have been upside down and we would appreciate your hard work. Thank you again so much!!!

chellb1234 said:
so the bamboo snack set is gone, but you can still order them separately? am i correct? just wanna make sure

You are correct.

PampChefJoy said:
Okay - updated now, I think... I heard the large round and the platter with handles were staying so I left those out. What about the coffee & more cups? I included them.

Hi Joy...thanks for the awesome flyer. How can I save my info into the box? Is it an option.

thanks.

thanks alot this is so helpful

DawnH said:
Hi Joy...thanks for the awesome flyer. How can I save my info into the box? Is it an option.

thanks.

You can't save info to a form field in a PDF without having the more expensive version of Adobe Acrobat, but you CAN "print to PDF" if you have one of the free PDF generating programs, so type your info into the box and print to pdf and then save that file as a new pdf with your info in. Make sense? There have been a few threads here on CS in the past that go over this in greater detail. It's the same thing that people have to do with the HO flyers that have a fillable field in them...

I'm bummed about the sweet sprinkles being discontinued. :( I have a recipe (Raspberry Diva Salad) that needs the caramelized pecans and used the sprinkles for that.

PampChefJoy said:
You can't save info to a form field in a PDF without having the more expensive version of Adobe Acrobat, but you CAN "print to PDF" if you have one of the free PDF generating programs, so type your info into the box and print to pdf and then save that file as a new pdf with your info in. Make sense? There have been a few threads here on CS in the past that go over this in greater detail. It's the same thing that people have to do with the HO flyers that have a fillable field in them...

Cool. Thank you

Thank You! : )

There is one item that I can't find in the new catalog...and it's not on the retiring list, so maybe I'm just not seeing it in the catalog?

It's the Bamboo Salad Servers - the spoon and fork that connect together.

ChefBeckyD said:
There is one item that I can't find in the new catalog...and it's not on the retiring list, so maybe I'm just not seeing it in the catalog?

I think I remember seeing them but they aren't with the other bamboo spoons. I don't have the catalog in front of me right now.

ChefBeckyD said:

page 47 in the picture with the bowls ("O")

And why oh why can't they put ALL the bamboo items (INCLUDING THE SPOONS) in the BAMBOO section? It would make things so much easier.

BethCooks4U said:
page 47 in the picture with the bowls ("O")
BethCooks4U said:
And why oh why can't they put ALL the bamboo items (INCLUDING THE SPOONS) in the BAMBOO section? It would make things so much easier.
Thanks Beth. I looked through the catalog 3 times without seeing it!And I totally agree. Why can't the bamboo all be together?:confused:

Dumb question, but how do I share this online? I want to post this to my Facebook page, but don't know how =( Please help!

Thanks so much!

Chozengirl said:
Dumb question, but how do I share this online? I want to post this to my Facebook page, but don't know how =( Please help!

There is a photo on my Facebook page (under AdBlocks) that you can use...

PampChefJoy said:
There is a photo on my Facebook page (under AdBlocks) that you can use...

Thank you Joy!

Thank you Joy!

Just another shout out of thanks to Joy...I've downloaded/uploaded your picture on FB just now. I really appreciate you sharing what you do as I'm not that computer savvy!

1. What are the retiring items for Spring 2012?

The retiring items for Spring 2012 include the following products:
- Small Micro-Cooker
- Bamboo Slotted Spoon
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Adjustable Measuring Spoons
- Garlic Peeler & Slicer
- Herb Mill
- Salad Chopper
- Quick Slice
- Spiral & Slice
- Salad & Berry Spinner
- Pineapple Wedger
- Apple Wedger
- Lime Juicer
- Herb Saver
- Mini Measure-All Cup
- Adjustable Measuring Spoon Set
- Quick-Stir® Pitcher
- Rolling Cookie Cutter
- Cut-N-Seal®
- Simple Slicer
- Deluxe Cheese Grater
- Herb & Spice Rack
- Bamboo Spoon Set
- Corn Cob Nobs
- Garlic Press
- Garlic Peeler
- Cake Tester & Releaser
- Whipped Cream Maker
- Asian Seasoning Mix
- Artichoke Rub
- Italian Seasoning Mix
- Thai Seasoning Mix
- Southwest Seasoning Mix
- Garlic & Herb Seasoning Mix
- Chocolate Truffle Mix
- Cheesy Italian Herb Bread Mix
- Classic Cookie Mix
- Herb & Onion Bread Mix
- Garlic & Brie Topper
- Cranberry & Black Walnut Bread Mix
- Rustic Herb Seasoning Mix
- Cherry Almond Bread Mix
- Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend
- Italian Seasoning Mix (large)
- Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix
- Rustic Tomato Herb Seasoning Mix
- Southwest Seasoning Mix (large)
- Sweet Basil Herb Mix
- Greek Seasoning Mix
- Lemon Pepper Rub
- Maple & Bacon Dip Mix
- Mediterranean Rub
- Sweet Basil & Onion Seasoning Mix
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Mix
- White Chocolate Cheesecake Mix
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Mix
- Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend (large)
- Garlic & Herb Seasoning Mix (large)

2. Are these the final retiring items for Spring 2012?

No, these are based on preliminary information and may be subject to change. If there are any changes or additions, they will be updated on the official Pampered Chef website.

3. How can I find out if a specific item is retiring?

You can check the official Pampered Chef website or consult with your Pampered Chef consultant to find out if a specific item is retiring for Spring 2012.

4. Can I still purchase these items even though they are retiring?

Yes, you can still purchase these items while supplies last. However, once they are sold out, they will no longer be available for purchase.

5. Will there be any new items added to the product line for Spring 2012?

Yes, there will be new items added to the product line for Spring 2012. Stay tuned for updates on the official Pampered Chef website or consult with your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nhpegt
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
nhpegt
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
2 3 4
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab