• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Replacing Stolen Pampered Chef Products: How to Use PayPal Without Fees

To downgrade an account, you would need to send an email to PayPal explaining why you need to downgrade and include your account number. They will then process the change for you.You can upgrade an account, but not downgrade it.
chef_kimmo
Gold Member
I am getting a list together of products and other Pampered Chef supplies to sell in order to replace some of my items that got stolen and well to possibly just get stuff out of my house.

I am thinking receiving by Paypal would be the best but the one time I received a payment from someone out of the country for other Pampered Chef items I was charged a service fee. I think I have something set up wrong. Can someone tell me how to set it up or what to ask for when I accept Paypal so that I don't get charged a fee.

TIA

That depends on the type of account you have set up. If you set it up as part of Ebay set up to sell things (and accept payments) there, then you have an account that can accept credit card payments through PayPal and all of your incoming transactions will have a fee assessed.

If you have a "personal" type account that cannot accept credit card payments, only cash transfers, then there should not be a fee for payments you receive.

Ann, I thought you would answer you are always so good at these things - I should have just asked you directly. I will check my account. I originally set it up to just pay for items I bought off of E-bay but never really thought I would sell anything so I might be good.

THANKS! :)

I think the account types you want to look out for are Premier and Business.

The Personal account type should be OK. It may have charged a fee with your other transaction because it was International.

its been awhile since i have used my paypal acct but i think that i am charged to withdraw money but not to receive money from others, and if i pay someone from my paypal im not charged either. i think mine is the business type for my ebay acct-sell my craft things there

Whether you're charged to withdraw money from your account depends on the type of withdrawl. If you set up a bank account linked to your PayPal you can transfer funds to it from PayPal and there is no fee. If you have PayPal cut you a physical check, there is a fee. There's a lot of fine print. :)

OOoooh,,, ,maybe that was it too. I needed to move the money from Paypal to my PC account to pay for the products she ordered. I probably "moved" it wrong.

Actually I just looked and the charge was when I received the payment from the customer. I believe she has U.S. accounts because her husband works with our company and they are working overseas on this project. I may send an e-mail to Paypal to see if they can help me figure out why I was charged.

My account type shows as Premier which I don't know what that means but will double check that too.

Thanks for your help.

chef_kimmo said:
Actually I just looked and the charge was when I received the payment from the customer. I believe she has U.S. accounts because her husband works with our company and they are working overseas on this project. I may send an e-mail to Paypal to see if they can help me figure out why I was charged.

My account type shows as Premier which I don't know what that means but will double check that too.

Thanks for your help.
The charge when you received money from her is because you have a Premier account. That's the kind I have, and every payment you receive has a fee taken out. The benefit to the Premier type is that people can fund their payment to you with a credit card, instead of just cash transfers.

Because you have Premier, PayPal won't do anything to refund the fee - it's part of the agreement.

Just found that Premier = Business so that may be where the charge comes from. I am trying to figure out how to change my account type

Ohhhhh shoot! That is why there is fee taken out of all of my payments :( ....I wish I knew that before! I never used to, so I just sorta assumed it was a new policy.

Ok, I posted before seeing your last message. I may leave it that way and just get together the list of items I want to get rid sell.

Thanks again for your help

You can upgrade an account, but not downgrade it.

If you have another email address, you can set up a personal type account, that doesn't have fees taken out of payments.

Actually, I found this in the help:"Members are permitted to downgrade their account from a Business/Premier Account to a Personal Account once."You can email them and they should downgrade it for you.

Well, OK then! Great!

I have to admit that I assumed they wouldn't allow a downgrade. :rolleyes:

I assumed so too, so I did a little searching on the net! I just emailed them to try and get downgraded myself...PS: I'm not even sure how I was ever upgraded???

Hmmm, thank you for looking that up an I will have to think about it.

As I review the fees for personal - if anyone does pay by credit card through paypal it will charge a higher percentage.

My mom has some items from when my grandmother passed away (crystal and some items they got when they were in Japan) and we have discussed selling them on E-Bay so I may need the credit card feature.

OR I can just always request to get paid by Paypal balance... is that right?

chef_kimmo said:
Hmmm, thank you for looking that up an I will have to think about it.

As I review the fees for personal - if anyone does pay by credit card through paypal it will charge a higher percentage.

My mom has some items from when my grandmother passed away (crystal and some items they got when they were in Japan) and we have discussed selling them on E-Bay so I may need the credit card feature.
I do know that one of eBay's terms when you set up an auction is that you CANNOT specify "no credit cards through PayPal" in order to avoid the fees. If they catch you doing that, they will pull your auction(s) and can ban you for multiple offenses. So if you're planning to sell something on eBay, you're going to want to stick to a Premier account. You'll have general fees, but won't pay as much when they use a credit card.

You can, however, set up a second PayPal account (you need to use a different email address, so get one through gmail or something), that is a personal type, and use that when you know people are using cash transfers.

Very interesting... A while back I purchased an item from E-bay and paid with credit card through Paypal the person came back rejected the payment and asked me to change it since she couldn't accept credit cards. I did not know about that but I bet she was trying to get around that charge.

I learn so much on CS!

It's only been an eBay policy for maybe 1 1/2 to 2 years. Basically since eBay bought PayPal - by requiring sellers to have Premier accounts, they make money twice off each sale.

For PayPal fees, there is a fee schedule that you can view on their website. There are various parts to it, but here is the gist of it:

For both personal and business accounts, you can send money for free. But to receive, that's when fees are determined. Personal accounts receive money for free if it's funded by PayPal Balance, PayPal Instant Transfer or PayPal eCheck...it's much higher if you then receive a credit card payment at 4.9% + $0.30. If you have a business account though, it's a flat 1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 no matter what type of payment is received. So I guess that way is worth it if you tend to have lots of credit card payments sent to you, but if not, it looks like personal accounts are the way to go.

HTH!

1. How do I use PayPal to replace stolen Pampered Chef products?

To use PayPal to replace your stolen Pampered Chef products, you will need to have a PayPal account and link it to your bank account or credit/debit card. Once you have a funded PayPal account, you can make a payment to Pampered Chef for the replacement items without incurring any fees.

2. Can I use PayPal to replace stolen products from any Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, you can use PayPal to replace stolen products from any Pampered Chef consultant. As long as the consultant accepts PayPal as a form of payment, you can use it to purchase replacement items from them.

3. What if I don't have a PayPal account?

If you do not have a PayPal account, you can still use PayPal to replace your stolen Pampered Chef products. Simply visit the PayPal website and follow the instructions to create an account. You can link your bank account or credit/debit card to fund your PayPal account and make the payment for the replacement items.

4. Are there any fees for using PayPal to replace stolen Pampered Chef products?

No, there are no fees for using PayPal to replace stolen Pampered Chef products. As long as you have a funded PayPal account, you can make a payment to the consultant without incurring any additional fees.

5. How long does it take for the PayPal payment to go through?

The time it takes for the PayPal payment to go through may vary depending on several factors, such as the funding source and the consultant's PayPal account settings. However, in most cases, PayPal payments are processed and received instantly, so you should be able to receive your replacement items without any significant delay.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandra foy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
gigi425
  • dlrenfro
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • KellieM's Kitchen