• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing the Core from an Apple: Tips and Tricks

In summary, there are several ways to remove the core from an apple without using a corer. One method is to use a small knife to cut around the stem and gently lift out the core. Another option is to use an apple corer or melon baller to easily remove the core. To avoid damaging the fruit, you can carefully cut around the core with a knife and lift it out. The easiest way to remove the core is with an apple corer, but a spoon can also be used as an alternative.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
I just had a customer call and ask how to get the corer out of the apple because she is having a hard time. I guess she has to get hubby to get it out. I told her to pull apart from the two black pieces. I've never had an issue - anyone have any tricks?

I had a hard time. If its the tube like one I never use that for apples. It got so stuck I was afraid I was going to slice my finger. I leave that for cucumbers.

It is like a plunger type thing. People don't realize that they can just push the black part back down.

She may have an older model we sold many years ago without the plunger thing...if that's the case, suggest the new one.

I just twist and pull up and it comes out every time. Then I press the plunger down to extract the core.

I have the same trouble. Make sure that the apple is dry when she tries to twist & pull up & it should be ok.

She just bought the new one. I'll tell her to make sure the apple is dry. I'll probably end up going over to her house (she was an outside order) and helping her. Might get a booking out of it, too!

Hi there! Removing the core from an apple can definitely be tricky, but there are a few tips and tricks that can make it easier. One method is to use a sharp knife to cut around the core, making a circular incision. Then, use a spoon to scoop out the core. Another trick is to use an apple corer tool, which can be found at most kitchen supply stores. It's designed specifically for removing the core and makes the process much easier. I hope these tips help your customer and her husband! Happy cooking!

1. How do I remove the core from an apple without a corer?

One simple way to remove the core from an apple without a corer is to use a small knife to cut a circle around the stem. Then, use the knife to gently twist and lift out the core.

2. Is there a way to remove the core from an apple without cutting it into pieces?

Yes, you can use an apple corer or a melon baller to remove the core from an apple without cutting it into pieces. Simply insert the corer or baller into the center of the apple and twist to remove the core.

3. How can I remove the core from an apple without damaging the fruit?

To remove the core from an apple without damaging the fruit, carefully insert a small knife at a slight angle and cut around the core, being careful not to cut too deep. Then, use the knife to gently lift out the core.

4. What is the easiest way to remove the core from an apple?

The easiest way to remove the core from an apple is to use an apple corer. These tools are specifically designed to easily and efficiently remove the core from the apple without much effort.

5. Can I use a spoon to remove the core from an apple?

Yes, you can use a spoon to remove the core from an apple. Simply insert the spoon into the center of the apple and twist to remove the core. This method may take a bit more effort, but it is a great alternative if you do not have an apple corer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cactus_flower
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • sandilou
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mentul77
  • kimodchef