• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Brown Stains from Stainless Pans: Expert Tips and Tricks

In summary, a guest at a show just complained that they can't get brown stains off of their stainless pan. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Spatch
a guest at a show just complained that they can't get brown stains off of their stainless pan. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Stainless Steel Cleaner!!! :D

But for now she can use Bar Keepers Friend, like comet and it is in a gold can!

The first time, I used the vinegar solution found on the Product Care card. Now, I keep a can of Bar Keepers Friend by the sink, and after I've washed my stainless saute pan I polish it up with BKF.Once the Stainless Steel Cleaner comes out, I'll cross sell that!!

Debala715 said:
The first time, I used the vinegar solution found on the Product Care card. Now, I keep a can of Bar Keepers Friend by the sink, and after I've washed my stainless saute pan I polish it up with BKF.

Once the Stainless Steel Cleaner comes out, I'll cross sell that!!
That stuff is absolutely amazing!

When it comes out, call anyone who's bought the stainless cookware and let them know they have an option through PC. It doesn't really bother me that my cookware is "dirty" like that. I just make sure I get all the food off. DH doesn't really like it but he's not the one who cooks.

So far I haven't been lucky enough to have anyone interested in purchasing the Stainless cookware. No one has expressed any interest in at all. For that matter, getting some of them in this area to purchase the Executive line has been hard. But I keep trying!

I just used bar keepers friends and let me just say wow! I didn't have to scrub, just sprinkle and add water and wipe off. Easy as pie. Also cleaned up some of my older pc knives that have got bad spots on it.

Debala715 said:
So far I haven't been lucky enough to have anyone interested in purchasing the Stainless cookware. No one has expressed any interest in at all. For that matter, getting some of them in this area to purchase the Executive line has been hard. But I keep trying!

I haven't sold any either, I never thought I would like it. But after using at home, I talk it up just as much at my shows as I do the non-stick.

Bar Keeper Friend is the BEST! It will get practically ANYTHING off of pretty much any metal. Copper, stainless, etc. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that stuff!

thanks for all of your feedback, ladies. You've been a huge help!

love Barkeepers friend!I had the brown spots on my 8" skillet and the vinegar solution didn't work... now a few months later after reading these posts I've tried the Bar Keepers friend and it's AWESOME!

Baking Soda and lemon juice...cleans all my knives and stainless up a treat!

What causes stains on stainless steel pans?

Stains on stainless steel pans can be caused by a variety of factors such as cooking at high heat, using harsh cleaning products, and leaving food or liquid residue on the surface for too long.

How can I remove stains from my stainless steel pan?

To remove stains from your stainless steel pan, try using a mixture of water and baking soda or vinegar and scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge. You can also use specialized stainless steel cleaner or polish for tougher stains.

Are stains on stainless steel pans harmful?

In most cases, stains on stainless steel pans are not harmful and are only a cosmetic issue. However, if the stain is caused by burnt food or oil, it may affect the taste of your food and should be removed.

Can I use steel wool to remove stains from my stainless steel pan?

No, steel wool or other abrasive materials should not be used on stainless steel pans as they can scratch and damage the surface. Stick to non-abrasive sponges or specialized cleaners for best results.

How can I prevent stains on my stainless steel pan?

To prevent stains on your stainless steel pan, avoid cooking at high heat and clean it immediately after use. Also, try using a cooking spray or oil to create a barrier between the food and the pan's surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Karen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tloudermilk
  • akrebecca
  • Products and Tips
Replies