• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Registry and Shower for My Best Friend's Wedding: Tips and FAQs

In summary, my best friend is getting married. She has a registry with me and her sisters are throwing her a PC Bridal Shower. If people purchase items at the shower that are also included on her registry, then, yes, you'll have to update the registry manually.
gwagner
My best friend is getting married. So of course she has a registry with me! Also, she is like the "5th Sister" in my family. So my sisters and I are throwing her a PC Bridal Shower.

After the show, do I just need to update the registry manually? This is my first registry and 1st bridal show! Can you tell?

Thanks!!

If people purchase items at the shower that are also included on her registry, then, yes, you'll have to update the registry manually. She won't get registry rewards for them, but she'll have gotten the benefits at the shower. (There's no double-dipping, in other words.)

I always suggest we don't promote the registry until after the shower and I urge them to have the PC shower first so the other showers can utilize the registry. In fact I usually don't set the registry up until after the PC shower. That way no one will make a mistake. I have found that people who do a shower have much lower registry sales and I want them to get the most benefits possible. With a shower they also get credit for the guest sales (what they buy themselves) but with a registry they only get credit for the gifts that are purchased (if the guest buys for themselves too it does not count toward the registry rewards).

I tell them to have anyone who can't come to contact me and I will give them suggestions from the wish list. That way they know they aren't giving a duplicate gift. This has worked out well.

BethCooks4U said:
I always suggest we don't promote the registry until after the shower and I urge them to have the PC shower first so the other showers can utilize the registry. In fact I usually don't set the registry up until after the PC shower. That way no one will make a mistake. I have found that people who do a shower have much lower registry sales and I want them to get the most benefits possible. With a shower they also get credit for the guest sales (what they buy themselves) but with a registry they only get credit for the gifts that are purchased (if the guest buys for themselves too it does not count toward the registry rewards).

I tell them to have anyone who can't come to contact me and I will give them suggestions from the wish list. That way they know they aren't giving a duplicate gift. This has worked out well.

That's good to know. I still haven't had either since starting over a year ago but should have at least 2 this next year....

Hello! Congratulations on your friend's upcoming wedding and for throwing her a PC Bridal Shower! That's such a thoughtful and fun idea. As for updating the registry, you can do it manually by going into your consultant account and editing the items that have been purchased. You can also contact your friend's registry consultant and ask them to update the registry for you. Either way, just make sure the registry is updated so that your friend doesn't receive duplicate gifts. Best of luck with your first registry and bridal show! It sounds like it will be a memorable and special event. Happy cooking!

1. What is the best way to create a registry for my best friend's wedding?

The best way to create a registry for your best friend's wedding is to use Pampered Chef's online registry tool. This tool allows you to easily browse and add products from our extensive collection, as well as track purchases and manage your registry.

2. Can I customize the registry with a personal message or theme?

Yes, you can customize your registry by adding a personal message or theme. Our online registry tool allows you to add a special message or theme to your registry, making it more personalized for your best friend's wedding.

3. Can I add products from other stores to the registry?

Unfortunately, our online registry tool only allows products from Pampered Chef to be added. However, we offer a wide range of products that are perfect for any newlywed couple's kitchen, so you are sure to find everything you need on our website.

4. Is there a deadline for guests to purchase gifts from the registry?

There is no deadline for guests to purchase gifts from the registry. Your best friend's registry will remain active even after the wedding, so guests can still purchase gifts for a period of time after the big day.

5. Can I have the gifts shipped directly to the couple or do I need to pick them up?

You can choose to have the gifts shipped directly to the couple or have them shipped to your address and give them to the couple yourself. The choice is yours! Simply select the appropriate shipping option when adding items to the registry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Tams
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dyanna