• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Refrigerated Stone Needs to Sit How Long?

Stones in the oven should be preheated to the same temperature as the oven before placement. Putting them into a cold oven can cause them to crack.
its_me_susan
How long should a refrigerated (and filled) stone sit at room temperature before popping it into the oven? Thank you.

I let my Mini Baker sit out for about 30 minutes and it was fine.

I would think you would need more time for a larger stone (think Rectangular Baker) to let the contents warm up a bit.

DebbieJ said:
I let my Mini Baker sit out for about 30 minutes and it was fine.

I would think you would need more time for a larger stone (think Rectangular Baker) to let the contents warm up a bit.

Thanks Deb!

I thought we could put Stoneware directly from the fridge to the oven, but we had to thaw things frozen in them. I've done this before and have never had a problem.

Fridge to Oven-I am new to pc and according to the product info it recomments frozen dish be put in fridge to thaw completely before baking. So I think if you just store something in the fridge and then it can be placed in the oven.

If you freeze something, take it out and put in the fridge the morning you are going to use it. That should work.

I put my refrigerated stones right into the oven all the time.. My husband works late, so I often prep dinner, cover it with saran and then when he calls to tell me he's coming home, I pop it into a preheated oven.. Works just fine. I have to give it a few more minutes to cook thought, because it takes that extra two or three minutes for the cold stone to reach the temp in the oven.

pchefinski said:
I put my refrigerated stones right into the oven all the time.. My husband works late, so I often prep dinner, cover it with saran and then when he calls to tell me he's coming home, I pop it into a preheated oven.. .

I thought you were supposed to put the stones into a cold oven and let them heat up together to keep the stone from cracking?

I guess you are all right ~ I've been scared since my bar pan cracked in the middle of cooking last month. They said there must've been a hairline crack from factory.

1. How long does the refrigerated stone need to sit before use?

The refrigerated stone needs to sit for at least 20 minutes before use. This will allow it to come to room temperature and prevent it from cracking or breaking when exposed to sudden changes in temperature.

2. Can I leave the refrigerated stone out for longer than 20 minutes?

Yes, you can leave the refrigerated stone out for up to an hour before use. However, we recommend not leaving it out for longer than an hour to ensure the best results.

3. Can I put the refrigerated stone directly from the fridge into a hot oven?

No, you should never put the refrigerated stone directly from the fridge into a hot oven. This can cause the stone to crack or break due to the sudden change in temperature. Always allow the stone to come to room temperature before placing it in the oven.

4. Can I speed up the process of bringing the refrigerated stone to room temperature?

Yes, you can speed up the process by placing the refrigerated stone in a preheated oven at the lowest temperature for about 5 minutes. This will help the stone reach room temperature faster.

5. Do I need to preheat the refrigerated stone before use?

Yes, you should always preheat the refrigerated stone before use. This will ensure that the stone is evenly heated and will result in better cooking results. Preheat the oven to the desired temperature and allow the stone to heat up for at least 10-15 minutes before using it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HealthNut
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
HealthNut
  • Cindy Landon
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Malinda Klein